• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wipeout Game For PS5 & PSVR 2 is in Development, Claims Insider

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Now, XboxEra’s Shpeshal_Nick has revealed some information about an upcoming Wipeout game. He has revealed that the series will be making a return on PS5, and that it will also be on PSVR 2.

Additionally, he believes that Lucid Games, which made Destruction Allstars, will be developing it.

Unfortunately, there was no information about the release date, however, it seems to be a long way off. In fact, Shpeshal_Nick says it is “still early in the project”.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
In case this isn't the usual "insider" bullshit, imagine egotistically breaking someone's trust and possibly putting them in serious trouble to avoid "getting scooped." 🤔

Leaking stuff when you have the contact's permission is already bad enough (because they usually don't own the project and they're damaging their friends and colleagues with their big mouth), but doing so against their will? Goodness... 🤔

Last edited:

skit_data

Additionally, he believes that Lucid Games, which made Destruction Allstars, will be developing it.
k5Kk3CQ.gif

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Can you imagine the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback 😳
I call bullshit anyway

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I mean, "they're gonna make another Wipeout" is a rumour anyone can dream up.

If you haven't played it, Wipeout VR is fucking nuts. One of the best experiences with PSVR I had for anyone that doesn't get motion sick.

Patrick S.

Banned
In case this isn't the usual "insider" bullshit, imagine egotistically breaking someone's trust and possibly putting them in serious trouble to avoid "getting scooped." 🤔

Leaking stuff when you have the contact's permission is already bad enough (because they usually don't own the project and they're damaging their friends and colleagues with their big mouth), but doing so against their will? Goodness... 🤔
It's just videogames, man. Who is being damaged by the world knowing there'll some day be another WipeOut game?

Drew1440

I'd love for a new WipEout. Been recently playing WipEout 3 which upscales nicely in duckstation with GTE accuracy options enabled.

McCheese

I mean, I understand why - the team has one hell of a pedigree for making great racing games that didn't sell very well, but on the other hand, they also make great racing games that didn't sell very well.

Gamerguy84

Wipeout is a great Sci fi racing game and it's one of the best VR games. Can't imagine how good a new one would be.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, I understand why - the team has one hell of a pedigree for making great racing games that didn't sell very well, but on the other hand, they also make great racing games that didn't sell very well.
Bizarre Creations is known for making great racing game that don't sell very well. Lucid Games, so far, is known for underdelivering. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Agent X

Lucid Games also developed Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions, which was a very good game. In addition, they have several key people formerly with Bizarre Creations, so they should have a fair amount of experience with working on racing games.

If this rumor is true, then I wonder why Sony didn't go with the developers who worked on Wipeout Omega Collection, Creative Vault Studios and Clever Beans? That was a masterfully crafted package. The developers truly went the extra mile in adding all sorts of improvements that weren't present in the original Wipeout HD and Wipeout 2048 games. If I were in charge of making this type of decision at Sony, I would certainly feel confident in entrusting the development of a new Wipeout game to their capable hands.

PR leaks are not real leaks. If true what this guy did is the only kind of leak I care for

Perrott

Gold Member
Regardless of your opinions on Shpeshal_Nick, his sources on this are legit. I've known about the Wipeout project for months already and just yesterday these same details were posted on a Discord group I'm by one of the members who had heard of this from his own sources.

So yeah, this is all true, as so is the From Software PS5 exclusive that also got leaked today (which to be fair, was already leaked at the end of last year on ResetEra).

Kerotan

I mean, "they're gonna make another Wipeout" is a rumour anyone can dream up.

If you haven't played it, Wipeout VR is fucking nuts. One of the best experiences with PSVR I had for anyone that doesn't get motion sick.
I haven't played it in VR but I'll get psvr2 and buy the next Wipeout on it. Should be good.

AmuroChan

I think if all of us here were to make predictions about PSVR2, a new Wipeout game would be a pretty common guess. So regardless of whether this guy is legit or not, this isn't exactly a shocking revelation one way or another.

Raonak

Banned
Fucccccccccccccc

That would be amazing.

Wipeout VR was already good, but a new wipeout with dualsense features and raytracing and shit. Fuck I want this now.

TidusYuna

would be so sick I mean WipeOut is such a ...

Season 3 Nevermind GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Was looking forward to it, then lucid games mentioned , there goes another dream franchise ruined

Already lost interess.

If you didn't know, there is a Wipeout Spiritual Successor called "Pacer" on PS4, XBOX, and PC. You probably knew but still worth a mention since it feels as if it went under the radar.

Spacefish

If you didn't know, there is a Wipeout Spiritual Successor called "Pacer" on PS4, XBOX, and PC. You probably knew but still worth a mention since it feels as if it went under the radar.
The real successor to Wipeout is BallisticNG, I would go as far as to say its better than wipeout in many respects.

Top Bottom