• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer of Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass, release date for 17th June

Michele

you.
The Japanese Pokemon Channel has released a new trailer of the game, and it appears to focus on DLC this time.

From what I understand, the other Kanto starters, Venusaur, and Blastoise, has new Gigantmax forms. At the end it seems to reveal the date for the first pass, which is June 17th. However, the date for the second expansion pass' release is still unknown at this point.

Oh, and I think legendaries are returning

Kamina

Golden Boy
tenor.gif

Codes 208

Ive seen this earlier and it was certainly cool but you may need to fix the link, its saying unavailable.

Thurible

I hope they are doing kore regional variants than just the slowpoke line. Also speaking of regional variants, do the new bird trio confirm in canon that there are more than just one legendary like Zapdos in universe? I always thought there was always just one in existence.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I approve of all Galarian forms, don't give a fuck about Gigantamax. Trash mechanic for children. Still doesn't justify all the problems the game has nor the price.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I hope they are doing kore regional variants than just the slowpoke line. Also speaking of regional variants, do the new bird trio confirm in canon that there are more than just one legendary like Zapdos in universe? I always thought there was always just one in existence.
Most of the Trios are not unique.
Only few Legendaries are.

Thurible

Most of the Trios are not unique.
Only few Legendaries are.
But that seems rather odd to me. Legendaries are only found once in a game and sometimes are treated as gods who control the very fabric of reality or are avatars of a certain element/idea. The Regis for example are ancient elemental golems created by Regigigas. It would be strange if there are multiple regigigas who independently created multiple regis (certainly possible, but too coincidental). It is also said in the pokedex that Regigigas pulled the continents, suggesting a singular being. Another example is the dog trio. They were pokemon that died in the fire that took the brass tower and ressurected by Ho-oh. I cannot think of those circumstances happening repeatedly in pokemon's canon. Dialga, Palkia, and Girantina, have to be single pokemon, right? They master time, space, distortion world/antimatter respectively. Arceus is also supposed to be the creator of the pokemon universe.

Either way, I think regional variants of legendaries is a cool idea.

So just big empty maps that looks like crap with nothing to do. Jesus this looks really bad.

The first videos they released I didn't think they would roll with it. They actually went with it. This doesn't look good at all or had I expected more to this than others did?

Kamina

Golden Boy
But that seems rather odd to me. Legendaries are only found once in a game and sometimes are treated as gods who control the very fabric of reality or are avatars of a certain element/idea. The Regis for example are ancient elemental golems created by Regigigas. It would be strange if there are multiple regigigas who independently created multiple regis (certainly possible, but too coincidental). It is also said in the pokedex that Regigigas pulled the continents, suggesting a singular being. Another example is the dog trio. They were pokemon that died in the fire that took the brass tower and ressurected by Ho-oh. I cannot think of those circumstances happening repeatedly in pokemon's canon. Dialga, Palkia, and Girantina, have to be single pokemon, right? They master time, space, distortion world/antimatter respectively. Arceus is also supposed to be the creator of the pokemon universe.

Either way, I think regional variants of legendaries is a cool idea.
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus and the Elf Trio are unique.
Darkrai and Cresselia are not.
I agree with you that the games set up the stories in a way that it makes you think they are unique, and i agree that its stupid.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Very much looking forward to it. Will be one of my summer games. Need to get the last 2 Pokemon of the base dex before that.

Thurible

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus and the Elf Trio are unique.
Darkrai and Cresselia are not.
I agree with you that the games set up the stories in a way that it makes you think they are unique, and i agree that its stupid.
So there is more than one kyogre? The weather trio are the masters of sky, land, and sea and could easibly be used to destroy the earth with monsoons or droughts, all the while making new land and new sea as evidenced by team aqua and magma. Also, these legendaries have been hibernating in caves and need mystical orbs to awaken. So how could there be more than one out and about? It doesn't make sense.

Kamina

Golden Boy
So there is more than one kyogre? The weather trio are the masters of sky, land, and sea and could easibly be used to destroy the earth with monsoons or droughts, all the while making new land and new sea as evidenced by team aqua and magma. Also, these legendaries have been hibernating in caves and need mystical orbs to awaken. So how could there be more than one out and about? It doesn't make sense.
Those might be unique (and should).
Jirachi is unique. Mew isn’t unique. Mewtwo should be unique but shows up in two different movies and several games. It’s a mess really.

Lets be honest they have absolutely ruined pokemon. They have zapped any sense of challenge from it and the whole gigantamax thing is fucking atrocious . And now theyre releasing more of the pokedex in dlc ? Awful.

Thurible

We need to stop blaming this indie company.
I know you jest, but don't they have only ~143 employees? Not that it excuses poor quality, the pokemon company rakes in billions of dollars worth of revenue. They certainly could afford more staff and place more effort into their games, but it feels like they have beome somewhat complacent in their success. They keep adding new mechanics that might really improve the series overtime and getting rid of them the next game (overworld realtime weather and it's effects on pokemon like sawsbuck, mega evolution which brought in alternate forms that gave new stat changes and improvements to old pokemon that may have been forgotten which really changed the competitive scene, z-moves were rather mediocre in my book but they added something to competitive again, and pokemon following you in yellow and HG/SS as that gave alot of personality and connection to pokemon in your team.) It's feeling like one step forward and two steps back sometimes. One of the only good things the recent generations have added and kept is regional variants, they give old pokemon new typing and change their designs and motifs a bit. It's creative and probably isn't as time consuming and difficult as creating a completely new pokemon. But that is basically one of the only improvements in recent games I can think og that was kept. I'm a fan of the series and I'm a little peeved at gamefreak for the direction of the series, I hope they bring more to the table after Sw/Sh and use this dlc as an opportunity to improve.

Top Bottom