• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher Game in the works

Draugoth

Gold Member

CDPR confirms that a new Witcher game is in development. It'll use UE5 instead of REDengine This new Witcher game will kick off "a new saga" for the franchise .

As for their switch to UE5, it appears that CD Projekt RED is working very closely with Epic

This is an exciting moment as we’re moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games. It covers not only licensing, but technical development of Unreal Engine 5, as well as potential future versions of Unreal Engine, where relevant. We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences.

At this point, no further details regarding the game — such as a development time frame or release date — are available.

REDengine, the technology which powers Cyberpunk 2077, is still being used for the development of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.

Update on Unreal Engine 5, game wont be an EGS exclusive:

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Last edited:

moniker

The Witcher website said:
This is an exciting moment as we’re moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games.

So most likely Epic exclusive on PC. That's a bummer.

EDIT: On second thought, it'd be weird if it didn't come to GOG as well.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Just REALLY hope that they go all in in this being a clean break from everything else. Outside of a carachter or two, I want everyone to be new, and to have no relation whatsoever to what happened in the previous games, outside of using those events as part of the lore and worldbuilding and not directly to the main story.

Markio128

Yes please. Witcher 3 was one of my fave games last gen. Still looking forward to the PS5 update, so that I can finally complete the DLC.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
awesome! itll be a long wait but whatever.

surprised about them ditching redengine but i suppose it does make sense. as much as i loved the witcher games and cyberpunk there were problems with the engine. ue5 is a good choice.

now tell us about more cyberpunk patches and expansion!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
makes sense. thats what you do after a disaster such as CP, you go back to what people remember loving you for
there were always going back to witcher lol. its official now but you would need to be an idiot to think they were not going back to witcher for their next game. the cyberpunk sequel will come after “witcher 4”

Pagusas

Elden Member
please please please please make it a complete "build your own Witcher" game, with charecter creation and all that. Maybe make it during the age when Watchers were larger in number.

I love the world and idea of being able to make your own way in it, more free style with less of a main plot and more about living and surviving in the world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom