• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New teaser for Squadron 42 | Star Citizen alpha 3.11 "High Impact" trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
LbyLvWl.jpg

The teaser trailer for Squadron 42 is a brief fly through of the Aciedo Space Station. Set in the Odin system, the Aciedo Space Station is one of the first major locations players will visit.

The Star Citizen — Alpha 3.11: High Impact update packs three new Origin 100 series starter ships. Additionally, pilots can expect a new element of danger with the removal of Armistice Zones around a selection of existing locations.
“Expect more combat near space stations. Pilots may now be attacked by other players when entering or leaving a variety of space stations. The update also adds security forces and turret systems to maintain law and order in these heavily trafficked hubs as a result.”
In addition to Armistice Zone changes and the new 100 Series of ships, Alpha 3.11: High Impact also introduces new force reactions and high-powered weapons, as well as improvements to planetary art, expanded prison gameplay, and a new inventory UI.

Tschumi

Okay... At the moment this just looks like a kind of hollow eve online.

Last edited by a moderator:

CamHostage

If they had just gotten Squadron 42 out as planned, I think that would have taken a lot of heat off of the Star Citizen potboiler. I know some people (self-corrected) who actually enjoy Star Citizen a lot, but this whole saga has been tough to watch from afar and there's still no security to cling to.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If they had just gotten Squadron 42 out as planned, I think that would have taken a lot of heat off of the Star Citizen potboiler. I know a lot of people who actually enjoy Star Citizen a lot, but this whole saga has been tough to watch from afar and there's still no security to cling to.
A weird and money pot development.

In everything in life, you build and release a core game, product, store, lease out an office building etc..... Then you add extra content like DLC, a coffee shop or optician in that big store, a dry cleaner leasing out space at the bottom of the office etc...

Even when you buy a brand new house, you get it when the core home is up and running. Grass, paved driveway, the street gets repaved when all the houses are done later on.

With SC, they got a million ideas letting people walk through the store or building, but won't release it until it's 100% done in the year 2030?

lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom