• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic 30th Anniversary details leaked by credible Nintendo leaker Zippo

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Quite. But I love the irony from those who say they don't like Sonic 3D games or have outgrown Sonic are always the ones with the most to say in the Sonic threads.

Maybe because that what Sonic has become, a generic game yet you're still out of touch. If you think those comments aren't coming from genuine fans of the series then you really are taking it too far here. Anyway, I'm done here so you may enjoy the thread.

Last edited:
Maybe because that what Sonic has become, a generic game yet you're still out of touch. If you think those comments aren't coming from genuine fans of the series then you really are taking it too far here. Anyway, I'm done here so you may enjoy the thread.
About as generic as posting in a thread about a game IP one says they no longer likes?.

You're assuming that now? Maybe you didn't see the success of the movie as people love Sonic. Anyway this is turning into an awkward debate.
The movie? (looking over I don't see what's that got to do with a game) I remember that I was one of the few on here, willing to give the movie a chance when everyone was in full flight of their Sonic bashing.
Only when you watched the film for yourself could you learn it wasn't as bad as some loved to make out. If only more people did the same for the Sonic 3D games. They might learn they're not all terrible...

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The movie? (looking over I don't see what's that got to do with a game) I remember that I was one of the few on here, willing to give the movie a chance when everyone was in full flight of their Sonic bashing.
Only when you watched the film for yourself could you learn it wasn't as bad as some loved to make out. If only more people did the same for the Sonic 3D games. They might learn they're not all terrible...

I played the ones on PS3+ and all of them didn't click. I have no say on other Sonic games released on other platforms like Nintendo. Also I don't like Souls games and these are incredibly successful and loved games. Each one has his own preference, so what matters here that you're enjoying them and I'm happy for you.

I played the ones on PS3+ and all of them didn't click. I have no say on other Sonic games released on other platforms like Nintendo. Also I don't like Souls games and these are incredibly successful and loved games. Each one has his own preference, so what matters here that you're enjoying them and I'm happy for you.
I don't enjoy all the Sonic 3D games Just they're not as bad as some love to make out and Sonic games aren't all about running through a level at breakneck speed either. I enjoyed Sonic Forces but thought it was a step backwards from Generation, other than the boss battles, where Sonic Forces had some of the best boss battles in the franchise

It just seems common to jump on the bandwagon and bash Sonic, Call Of Duty or any EA games, when in a lot of cases (not always mind) The ones with the most to say haven't actually bought the game in question. Sadly one also see it with console hardware too, not that's a new thing mind.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I don't enjoy all the Sonic 3D games Just they're not as bad as some love to make out and Sonic games aren't all about running through a level at breakneck speed either. I enjoyed Sonic Forces but thought it was a step backwards from Generation, other than the boss battles, where Sonic Forces had some of the best boss battles in the franchise

It just seems common to jump on the bandwagon and bash Sonic, Call Of Duty or any EA games, when in a lot of cases (not always mind) The ones with the most to say haven't actually bought the game in question. Sadly one also see it with console hardware too, not that's a new thing mind.

The ones shown on Dreamcast and Nintendo consoles seemed more interesting to me than the ones published on PS. Also didn't get the Satrun (was priced at $1800+ here) nor any Nintendo consoles since Sega MegaDrive (and Game Gear) + Family Computer (AKA NES).

Something like the Sonic movie in terms of narrative and how Sonic is doing or in the cartoons would be my perfect Sonic game.

Last edited:
The ones shown on Dreamcast and Nintendo consoles seemed more interesting to me than the ones published on PS. Also didn't get the Satrun (was priced at $1800+ here) nor any Nintendo consoles since Sega MegaDrive (and Game Gear) + Family Computer (AKA NES).

Something like the Sonic movie in terms of narrative and how Sonic is doing or in the cartoons would be my perfect Sonic game.
Sonic Adv was brilliant. Sonic Adv II for me was a massive step backwards, other than the great Sonic and Shadow sections. We didn't get a real Sonic game for the Saturn, sadly Sonic Adv was moved from the Saturn to DC development.
I've played most of the 3D Sonic games other than the BlackKnight and Secret of the Ring or the DS range of Sonic games. Sonic 06 was terrible and I wasn't the biggest fan of Heroes (though the game did have its moments) and Lost World started off ace, but fell flat towards the end.

The rest of the 3D games I've really enjoyed especially Colors and Generations.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Sonic Adv was brilliant. Sonic Adv II for me was a massive step backwards, other than the great Sonic and Shadow sections. We didn't get a real Sonic game for the Saturn, sadly Sonic Adv was moved from the Saturn to DC development.
I've played most of the 3D Sonic games other than the BlackKnight and Secret of the Ring or the DS range of Sonic games. Sonic 06 was terrible and I wasn't the biggest fan of Heroes (though the game did have its moments) and Lost World started off ace, but fell flat towards the end.

The rest of the 3D games I've really enjoyed especially Colors and Generations.

Generations looks very good as well, seems like I missed that one. The latest one on PS4 made feel bad about it even while forcing myself through many levels, so hope to see something I would like from Sonic in the future.

Generations looks very good as well, seems like I missed that one. The latest one on PS4 made feel bad about it even while forcing myself through many levels, so hope to see something I would like from Sonic in the future.
I quite enjoyed Sonic Forces (I played it on the One X at the time) I just found the levels too short and felt the switching to the Avtar sections broke the flow and it was a step backwards for Gen
Still a good game with some great boss battles and some nice music too.

Animagic

Banned
Every now and then I get a Sonic game and for the most part they are a fun time even if I hate all of his friends and the constant talking. Colors remake will definitely be a fun time for me as I enjoyed that one back in the day.

I recently got Sonic Forces for like $15 and I’m about halfway through and it’s a surprisingly decent game.
After the reviews I saw and fan chatter I read online I was expecting Sonic 06 levels.
I’m not sure what is wrong with the vocal Sonic fanbase, but eventually Sega will stop catering to you because of the toxicity and damaging their brand.

Prepare for sweeping changes in the Sonic games down the road that no longer cater to you.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
A new Sonic collection is rumored to come out in June. Will include a majority of classic games and also games that haven't been in circulation for years. Won't include Sonic 3.

Fuck sake! If this is an issue with the Michael Jackson music then just get somebody to create a new soundtrack.

Fake

Sonic is one of those series that people who like it and hate it both have loud, passionate things to say. Strangely universal series like that.

IMO hating a Sonic games don't means you hate Sonic.

Its a problem with every fanbase. They got too much touch. Pokemon Shield/Sword is a shit game, but people call me hater even after I like the X/Y and mix bag Moon/Sun have his charm.

In the Sonic franchise particular case is SEGA faulty to make so much types of Sonic game.
Every type of Sonic game have their own fanbase, and they fight each other in hope to tell you what Sonic is the best.
As you can see here in the thread, they try to kick at you sales.

I waiting Sonic Colors Ultimate with open hands.

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
A new Sonic collection is rumored to come out in June. Will include a majority of classic games and also games that haven't been in circulation for years. Won't include Sonic 3.

Fuck sake! If this is an issue with the Michael Jackson music then just get somebody to create a new soundtrack.
The problem is that SEGA did not credit MJ for his involvement, and if they change the music, that would render SEGA culpable and inadvertently prove his involvement. Jackson's estate would be on that ass so quick if that happened.

I can think of a few ways that SEGA could sidestep this without much fanfare, but then it wouldn't really be the original game anymore. Just play Sonic 3 AIR - it's probably better than what SEGA would subsequently put out anyway.

It's all fake. There's already a soundtrack for Sonic 3 without those songs on PC. There won't be any collection.

You know what would be great? Dreams Come True creating new musics for Sonic 3.

MrS

Banned
But will it reference the greatest moment in the franchise?

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

LRKD

The Sonic 3 & Knuckles PC collection from the 90s already had a separate soundtrack, the original soundtrack from before MJ and his team were brought on. And I'm sure there are plenty of artists at Sega who would love to make new music for S3&K.

It's not as easy as flipping a switch and changing the music or Sega would've already done that. Back in 2011 was the last time Sega released S3&K. A year later in 2012 Cirocco Jones, and Bobby Brooks seemed to confirm some sort of plausible lawsuit going on behind scenes. It seems Sega owes unpaid royalties for the music. I'd bet that is the reason we don't see any new ports, not so much the MJ issue unless his estate is also owed money.

X6qdMX6.png

Sega has likely been dodging the issue of owed royalties, and lawsuits by not releasing the game again. If they changed the tracks that would likely be seen as further evidence of the artists not being payed properly, and just digging their hole deeper. That's my theory from those old comments and how we have never seen the game since then, even though they already have a complete in house soundtrack for the game.

cireza

Banned
I knew that talking to you was a waste of time since its not your first time twisting and fit your context behaviour.
Anyway, I feel likes its only a matter of time before they announce their next main game. I'm all for Generations and Colors, like some other leaks suggested(August I think).
What a coincidence, SEGA happen to have published their results for fiscal year 2021.

You can't get better information than there.

As you can see, Sonic as a whole is still the series that drives the most sales. Sonic Team Racing was a huge part of the first quarter of 2020 and you can be sure it contributed strongly to the repeated sales. And this is the same for Mania and Forces.

Top Bottom