• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SMTIII Nocturne HD Remaster screenshots

Looks good but it looks like a bog standard up-res'd PCSX2 emulated version rather than an actual remastering to be completely honest.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Son of a fucking bitch dude.

They're gonna make me buy a PS4 arent they?

FUck you Sony

giphy.gif

Paltheos

Little nervous on the last trailer. The music quality used hits both ends of the spectrum. The Cathedral of Shadows at the start sounds great, but Fierce Battle after it sounds like the LQ, super-compressed PS2 stuff. There are no highs and lows to it.

Hopefully I'm worrying for nothing. Replacing music files is the easiest thing out of all the other things they're doing to bring Nocturne to HD.

Ivory Blood

The music in this game is freaking awesome, Shoji Meguro gave it all of his best. I hope it sounds like this in the actual game, instead of the low quality they have in PS2 version.

edit: Also, we are getting Raidou instead of Dante? Not that I don't like the detective guy, but Dante was in his best DMC2 incarnation... and despite not having Pierce in his arsenal, I took him with me to the last battle with Lucifer

Last edited:

autoduelist

SMT is probably my favorite franchise. Nocturne is probably my favorite, though I like many as long as they aren't Persona.

This is amazing. I hope they remaster more. The only ones i never seem to get around to are on 3ds, and thats only because i really dislike playing on 3ds [i literally bought a 3ds and the smt games just for smt... but never never pick it up].

EDMIX

I wonder if digital devil saga could come to switch/ps4 if this does okay

Likely.

I think SEGA is porting that whole series over. Look at Yakuza...

So I'm expecting them to do the same with those other PS2 titles and SMTIV, SMTV etc.

G Graciaus lol, beat me to it. So I expect most of the series on PC, Switch, PS4, PS5 etc. When SEGA ports...THEY GOT HAM!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
My only concern right now is the battle music. It wasn't all that bad on the original release, but nice sound qulity would be greatly appreciated.
Looks good but it looks like a bog standard up-res'd PCSX2 emulated version rather than an actual remastering to be completely honest.
I played this game on PCSX2 a few months back and believe me, even upscaled to 4k the remaster looks much better, mainly because the textures are a lot less blurry.

What will this be? Gameplay?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It's so beautiful. I'm so excited for this and it's great that more people will get a chance to play it. I'm wondering if Raidou will be the wall that Dante is on hard mode. Can't wait to find out!
Is hard mode that hard? Only played on normal, and wouldn't mind a bigger challenge this time.

laynelane

Is hard mode that hard? Only played on normal, and wouldn't mind a bigger challenge this time.

I found it quite difficult. It puts your knowledge of the battle system and enemy weakness/strengths to the test. Then there's encounters like Dante which are just straight-up hard as hell. I never had to grind on Normal but your supplies run out quick with fewer drops and some battles can deplete all your resources in an instant. Despite all that, it's fun and an exceptional challenge if that's what you're looking for.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It seems Dante will be on the HD remaster as well but as a DLC.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

It seems Dante will be on the HD remaster as well but as a DLC.
Ngh, typical Atlus wanting to milk your wallet as much as possible. Guess I'll play with Raidou, maybe eave this DLC for a replay.

Top Bottom