• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New single player Aliens game announced, will use Unreal Engine 5

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
More information at San Diego Comic Con, which kicks off on July 21

WCCFalienssurvios1.jpg

The game will be developed by Survios, a studio that has mostly focused well-received VR games like Creed: Rise to Glory and Westworld Awakening previously.
That said, the new Aliens game will be coming to PC, console, and VR. Need to know more? Here’s a basic official description…

Survios is embarking on a new collaboration with 20th Century Games to develop an intense single-player, action horror game set in the iconic Alien universe.

This new Aliens game will feature an original storyline, set between the first two films, where a battle hardened veteran has a vendetta against the Xenomorphs.
The game will take full advantage of Survios’ expertise in creating immersive and authentic gaming experiences, and is being developed for the PC, Console, and VR. Created using Unreal Engine 5.

Last edited:

Comandr

As soon as I saw the letter "s" attached to the word "Alien", my expectations went down the drain.
This. It’s been many years since we’ve had a worthwhile ALIENS game. I’m ready to be wrong but the synopsis of this game doesn’t sound promising. Sounds like another bug hunt game and I’m getting colonial marines flashbacks

Matsuchezz

Aliens movie is superb so much great scenes and fun stuff. I rather see a follow up to Prometheus/Alien Covenant story where the engineers are fully tackled in depth. With Ridley Scott Collaboration expanding the story and outside of the movies, with some State of the art CGI aliens and between gameplay. A story based game.

We now know how the xenomorphs came to exist. Let's move the story further not live in the past. That is the kind of cool collaborations I want to see from movie houses with Development houses.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Yeah, I never liked the second movie either. Miss me with that action trash in my horror franchsie.

No Isolation 2, no care.
You shut you whore mouth! Aliens is a classic sci-fi movie in every sense of the word!

To be clear, you can knock the games based off Aliens all you like, but I'd watch Aliens 100 times to 0 over James Cameron's "classic", Avatar.

Last edited:

pqueue

This new Aliens game will feature an original storyline, set between the first two films, where a battle hardened veteran has a vendetta against the Xenomorphs.

ah yes. That mysterious battle hardened veteran who somehow came across the xenomorph, when only Weyland-Yutani knew about it (kept it secret internally), and even THEY (specifically their colonists on the planet) did not encounter it until just a few weeks before the events of Aliens.

Fucking retards over at Disney allowing this basic lore-breaking bullshit to occur.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
As soon as I saw the letter "s" attached to the word "Alien", my expectations went down the drain.
Yeah, I never liked the second movie either. Miss me with that action trash in my horror franchsie.

No Isolation 2, no care.
These match my stance. The only Alien entries I care for are the first movie, and its long-awaited worthwhile sequel, Alien: Isolation. I don't want to see xenomorphs shot to bits, they're not bugs to be stomped, each one should be a terror. I'm not interested in these Aliens games.

Well count me as interested because it's a single-payer game.

Also might as well be Alien Isolation 2. The original Alien Isolation also took place in between Alien and Aliens.

I just bought that alien firestrike game..
i kinda like it 🤠✌️🤠

I mean, it's an OK game to get your Alien(s)® fix but...it gets super boring after a couple of hours since it's very, very repetitive with not much to see and do after you finish the few levels/scenarios included - it's still better than Alien colonial marines though (not that it says much).

The 1st AVP game on PC and Alien Isolation still remain the best games in the Alien universe IMO

Skifi28

I like how Unreal Engine 5 is always mentioned if being used, like it's some sort of game quality assurance.

I can’t believe so many people want Isolation 2. It was good but fucking hell it was almost 15 hours too long! I finished it, but wow did I have to slog it out.

We definitely don’t need another one of those in my opinion.

Matt_Fox

Aliens movie is superb so much great scenes and fun stuff. I rather see a follow up to Prometheus/Alien Covenant story where the engineers are fully tackled in depth. With Ridley Scott Collaboration expanding the story and outside of the movies, with some State of the art CGI aliens and between gameplay. A story based game.

We now know how the xenomorphs came to exist. Let's move the story further not live in the past. That is the kind of cool collaborations I want to see from movie houses with Development houses.

I'm one of the few who loved Prometheus, but Covenant... this scene was the equivalent of Alien3 killing Newt and Hicks offscreen.

They set up such a potentially incredible scenario with the engineers, that mixed ancient civilisations, evolution, anthropology, galactic colonisation... only to kill it quick and snuff all that promise out in the next movie. Such a disappointment.

ps. this new game sounds silly from a lore pov but will probably be terrifying in VR!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Single player Aliens game in VR done in Unreal 5. Count me in.

RAIDEN1

Alien Isolation was as good as a new entry in the movie franchise, and was a hell of a lot better than Covenant.....I'd say it is too early to dismiss this, but the bar has been set by Sega's game and we'll see if it is half as good as that....

Same as most here. Aliens is a good action flick however I've only seen it once or twice while the first one I watch it once per year. It's a masterpiece in horror/atmosphere. I want Isolation 2 not another shootyshootybang gang shit like that coop game that came out recently.

Spaceman292

Banned
All these people slagging off Aliens the movie need to leave.

Although it's true that there's never been a good AlienS game.

VR has me interested. I'll wait and see before dismissing it outright.

I'm one of the few who loved Prometheus, but Covenant... this scene was the equivalent of Alien3 killing Newt and Hicks offscreen.

They set up such a potentially incredible scenario with the engineers, that mixed ancient civilisations, evolution, anthropology, galactic colonisation... only to kill it quick and snuff all that promise out in the next movie. Such a disappointment.

ps. this new game sounds silly from a lore pov but will probably be terrifying in VR!

Big proponent of Prometheus myself, but Covenant was a strange one. Almost seems as if there was supposed to be another movie in between, or the movie was supposed to be different, given the scripts I'd come across having much more detail on Shaw & David's journey to the planet and how she dies, plus more background on the actual Engineers colony the film is set on. Ends up feeling like a Joss Whedon's Justice League

VN1X

Banned
Neat!

As an Alien(s) fan we've been getting so much new content lately, with plenty more to come. Books, games, an upcoming series... I am a happy chappy.

Matt_Fox

VR has me interested. I'll wait and see before dismissing it outright.

Big proponent of Prometheus myself, but Covenant was a strange one. Almost seems as if there was supposed to be another movie in between, or the movie was supposed to be different, given the scripts I'd come across having much more detail on Shaw & David's journey to the planet and how she dies, plus more background on the actual Engineers colony the film is set on. Ends up feeling like a Joss Whedon's Justice League

Yep Covenant turned into a standard 'crew get picked off one-by-one' retread (and lets be honest the crew were all pretty forgettable). I'd have much rather seen more of David and Shaw exploring the Engineers and trying to make sense of things beyond their understanding.

Westworld: Awakening, another game by this studio, was actually really similar to Alien: Isolation. It was atmospheric, tense, and about avoiding rather than attacking the threat.

I could see this being an unofficial Alien: Isolation 2. We'll know more in a week or so.

Hugare

Creative Assembly or bust for a singleplayer Alien movie

But since this developer have developed VR games in the past, It's probably going to be some on rails VR game or some shit like that and not something with a meaty campaign

MiguelItUp

As a huge fan, I understand people having preferences between Alien and Aliens, I mean, the vibes of the film ARE different. But they're also dealing with different species, and a hive. But I think it's wild to think one is great and one is ass. Why not both?! Maybe one just less than the other? Lol.

As someone that adores Xenos of all forms, just give me more Aliens damnit, and I feel like we're getting more Alien/s related games now than we have in YEARS. Probably ever. Because between Aliens Fireteam Elite, Dark Descent, and this. There's not a lot of gaps. My hope is that this continues to be decent or great, same with Dark Descent.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I mean, it's an OK game to get your Alien(s)® fix but...it gets super boring after a couple of hours since it's very, very repetitive with not much to see and do after you finish the few levels/scenarios included - it's still better than Alien colonial marines though (not that it says much).

The 1st AVP game on PC and Alien Isolation still remain the best games in the Alien universe IMO
The 2013 remake was also ok.

Maybe im still in the honeymoon fase but so far guns sound dope and loot🤓

Lethal01

Lots of UE5 games in the Pipeline, we will go from people saying that they are taking to long to people complaining about to many UE5 games in a very short period of time.

timmyp53

Lots of UE5 games in the Pipeline, we will go from people saying that they are taking to long to people complaining about to many UE5 games in a very short period of time.
I mean we are already seeing exhaustion when it comes to unreal 5 tech demos. This isnt unlikely.

Laptop1991

I hope the game lives up to expectation's, it sounds good, it's been a long time since we've had a good Alien's action game, Isolation was good but it was a survival horror not a shooter in reality.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Hopefully this won't be a VR focused game but fun to play without VR as well. I needed good news after that Hyenas announcement.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

<sigh> could we at least get an Alien Isolation remaster for current gen consoles? 4k and some nice AA to get rid of the jaggies, 60fps, HDR to get rid of the color banding, and maybe some ray tracing. Kinda messed up that the Switch version looks less jaggy than the ps4/xb1 versions.

Apocryphon

I didn't like their previous VR games so I'm not holding out much hope for this game. With any luck it'll be excellent.

Top Bottom