• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Remedy Entertainment Job Listing Apparently Points To Control 2

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Remedy Entertainment is looking for a Senior Producer to join the Control team within the studio. The listing points to the game as “Control franchise”, which might mean that Control 2 is on the table as we speak.

The listing vaguely refers to the franchise and doesn’t make and direct link to Control 2. However, calling it a franchise means that there is more than one games associated with it. Or, at least, there will be. The job description reads:

Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Producer for a key role working on Remedy’s Control franchise.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Producer to come and help our Executive Producer to work on Control. We require a team player with excellent project management and communication skills, someone who is passionate to support a group of experts at Remedy in the creation of our next projects.

Right now, Remedy must be focused on bringing more DLC to Control rather than making a sequel. The listing could be related to that as well. The studio is working on CrossfireX right now as well as two next-gen projects. One of those could be Control 2. However, it will take time to know whether or not it’s true.

Kikorin

I hope so. Remedy is responsible for some of my favourite games ever (Max Payne, Alan Wake, Control) and to me Control is the absolute peak of their career as now, but there so much more they could do with this world they created, so I'd be super happy to play more of it.

Anyway, I'd love a new IP or Alan Wake 2 too, so I guess I'll be happy in every case (I'm just not a big fan of Quantum Break, but I've enjoyed it too, just less than others).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Control was great and I need to get back and play the DLC.

I was kinda worried if it sold enough to warrant a sequel since I think it went on sale almost as fast as an Ubisoft game?

I will gripe endlessly about the final 1/3 of Control and how the narrative doesn’t quite keep it together, but I was enthralled for that first 2/3. I’d be down to see them switch the main character out (make her the villain TBH) in favor of someone else (the blonde girl in the first rest area, for example). Just didn’t find her compelling.

Mister Wolf

Control is great. Remedy always push the limits of gaming visuals with their Northlight engine. Control had a suite of raytracing implementation and more environmental destruction than Ive seen in any game this generation.

Last edited:

Rikkori

The more I played this game the less I liked it, even though initially I loved it. I think what it is is that it was a very confused game, between the more combat-focused parts with the elite spawns on a timer and grindy quest, and then the more linear story-driven part. It just felt like two different games, and then the combat itself ended up being quite boring especially further on as you got more limited in how offensive you could play. Plus, even though it has RTX, if you play it without it looks horrible with how noisy the image is to the point that I ended up disabling the reflections all together so I'd have a stable image - but then it looks kinda flat. At least their TAA this time is better than in QB where it was ghost city.

Still, a step up from QB in terms of gameplay, even though I kinda liked the latter's world more, so I hope with the 2nd one they have more resources to further refine the game. I also hope they add HDR this time, it was a BIG omission for the title especially in the areas like the furnace where HDR would've made it truly jaw-dropping rather than just nice.

timmyp53

I like Control way more than Alan wake. Alan wake mechanically was pretty bad. The only thing it had going for it was the story. Happy to see them continue on this path if true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom