• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "Ratchet and Clank" give me vibes I haven't felt since mid 90s

TrueLegend

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News
Says the guy who took time and made effort to reply twice with gifs nonetheless.
Ci3yjgH.gif

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I think this game is the best looking game for me currently.

However, they need to do more on the gameplay for the next sequel, its way too similar to older games, the gameplay itself its still the only thing stuck in the past, there is no point playing challenge mode as well.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I like PlayStation, I love PlayStation but I don't worship PlayStation unlike some of you. I own my PlayStation but seems like with many of you your PlayStation owns you. Also, you really should watch Palptatine's entire arc against the backdrop of his story from this meme, he too died like a bitch. This game is good but stop acting like it's Metal Gear Solid 2. And anybody comparing this to crybercrash777 is just an absolute idiot.
This place is like a PS cult at this point.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I can't recall a single bug my entire platinum run. I don’t think I believe you're being honest .
I'd say 99% of the stuff I ran into was on Cordelion where when hitting the crystal the world doesn't load in the geometry (the background skybox changes though) and Ratchet is walking on an invisible floor. Also stuff popping in when going through the corridors into the rooms on the same planet.

Imtjnotu

Yea encountering more bugs as I'm finishing up the Platinum. More stuff not loading correctly, etc.
In the other thread i put my own videos where I just die randomly lol jumped on a ledge and it made it seem like I fell. I've fallen through the map no clip style a dozen times.

Don't get me wrong tho thr game is fun as hell lol. Just bugs everywhere

teezzy

Banned
First of all wtf is this overhype. Second, which game are you really playing? The technical state of this game is great. The best-looking game, have you seen RDR2 on PC in ultra.
Zo3UR2g.jpg

Some of the ground texture in this game particularly vegetation is average. Are you a bot.

Save some pussy for the rest of us

It was pretty, but it's far from my favorite PS5 game. Demon's Souls and Returnal were much more memorable games to me.
As big of a Souls fans as I am. While I really did appericiate the technical achievement and look of Demons Souls on PS5, sadly, the games ancient mechanics, level design and just design in general really hurts it for me :/ I look at that game more as a visual spectacle more than anything.

As for Returnal, I only played 2 or so hours of it and I think the game is in my top 3 games of 2021 so far. Don't have a lot of time these days :/

The game is very pretty and is really fun to play but I completed it in about 8 hours and have zero urge to go back and play it again
I’m actually enjoying going back through GOT

RGB'D

I've had to restart from checkpoint 8-10 times playing through it because I was stuck in a wall, or falling through the floor, or nothing loaded correctly (The pirates amusement park) and wouldn't queue. And that's only the times that i couldn't get myself out or progress. There have been plenty of NPC's that are bugging out, i rode a elevator and the floor never loaded and my ship was across a canyon of invisible platforms. It is a great game, but a bloody buggy mess.

I've had to restart from checkpoint 8-10 times playing through it because I was stuck in a wall, or falling through the floor, or nothing loaded correctly (The pirates amusement park) and wouldn't queue. And that's only the times that i couldn't get myself out or progress. There have been plenty of NPC's that are bugging out, i rode a elevator and the floor never loaded and my ship was across a canyon of invisible platforms. It is a great game, but a bloody buggy mess.
Was there a patch that happened after launch that broke the game? Because, I never saw anything like any of that.

RGB'D

Was there a patch that happened after launch that broke the game? Because, I never saw anything like any of that.
Not sure. When the floor didn't load, i actually thought it was part of the level initially and was looking for the switches that made the platforms visible... but it was just a bug. Restarting the checkpoint fixed it but this game was rife with bugs during my playthrough.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
maxresdefault.jpg

Long respected franchise hopefully PS5 gets another like the ps2, and 3. Those generations loved Ratchet lol

Top Bottom