• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rammstein Single "Zeit" New Album 4/29

Droxcy

Rammstein - Zeit (Time)
Video is NSFW (Vaginal Nudity, Birth)

[Intro]
Some things should be, some shouldn't
We see, but we are blind
We throw shadows without light

[Verse 1]
After us there will be a "prior"
Youth will turn into hardship
We keep dying until we live
We die alive to death
We are drifting towards the end
No rest, only striving forward
Infinity waves on the shore
Caught in the flow of time

[Chorus]
Please stand still, stand still
Time
It should always go on like this

[Verse 2]
Warm body will soon turn cold
Future can't be conjured
Do not tolerate any stay
Create and immeaditely destroy
I'm lying here in your arms
Oh, could it just be forever!
But time knows no mercy
Already, the moment is over

[Chorus]
Time
Time
Time
It's so nice, so nice
Everybody knows
The perfect moment

[Instrumental Break]

[Verse 3]
When our time has come, it's time to go
Stop when it's most beautiful, the clocks stand still
The moment is so perfect, but time keeps ticking
Moment, please stay, I'm not ready yet

[Chorus]
Time
Time
Time
It's so nice, so nice
Everybody knows
The perfect moment

eafa363d0f14397bd18c721cb97ebd1dfc219187.gifv

903b2004fe7935f73d13c6e9fbe920676c575fae.gifv

19a55e6f8bd8f87ecebb4847a4f976ab6be06946.gifv

32bb447f78ee03329d7b1fdc3b0af6e15d5e7230.gifv

81c82d22fafc069d0730d0998cfc7d0ef0108aa7.gifv

9a205a777cbc8ae8d9bc4ed7a82a7d77ba5f2ff7.gifv

Album is titled Zeit is due out 4/29 - 11 Tracks

20220309-111831_zeitvinyl2.jpg.webp

20220309-145217_zeitvinyl3.jpg.webp

Droxcy

A very strong ballad and insanely poignant video paired with the video about the concept of time and life.​

Last edited:

Hoddi

I wasn't sure about this song at first but I've grown to like it a lot. Great video as well.

I also think it's funny how people often say that childbirth is the most beautiful thing in the world. But when it's actually shown then it needs to be marked NSFW.

Forsythia

Really didn't expect a new album so soon, as there was quite some time between Liebe ist für alle da and the selftitled album. But I am happy and this new song sounds great, fantastic video as well! Can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

Rockondevil

Gold Member
Great song. Thanks OP.
I don't really follow artists and just usually hear a song I like and get it. Always loved Rammstein though and now I'm marking this on the calendar.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Yep, this was epic. Very cinematic even for Rammstein's taste.

Going to watch them first time this July, one of my long time bucketlist things (usually don't go to concerts).

Useless Trivia: There is a Rammstein cover band called Volkerball/HeldMaschine (named after one of their albums) that sounds just like Rammstein. For if you wanted even more.

I donno, I miss the Rammstein that was more rocking and had less ballads. Since Rosenrot they always had more softer songs than harder ones. Im all for a more epic soundscape but why does it have to be so soft adn at least to me, they never sounded emotional. Last album I can barely remember any other song besides the 2 singles, thats how forgettable it was.

SJRB

Gold Member
New album is pretty okay!

Favourite could be "Lügen" if it wasn't for that abhorrent auto tune. So bizarre they did that.

Hoddi

I liked it. Maybe a bit too on the nose but the video was pretty cool.

On the other hand, Zeit has grown on me in a big way. Fantastic song.

Last edited:

Teslerum

I wasn't sure about this song at first but I've grown to like it a lot. Great video as well.

I also think it's funny how people often say that childbirth is the most beautiful thing in the world. But when it's actually shown then it needs to be marked NSFW.
The RESULT of childbirth, the moment its happened is the most beautiful thing in the world.

Childbirth itself is living through a horror movie. And not just for the mom.

Last edited:

Ryuji Goda

The RESULT of childbirth is the most beautiful thing in the world.

Childbirth itself is living through a horror movie. And not just for the mom.
I was at the birth of my son two weeks ago and this is nonsense, for me at least ;)

Last edited:

Monokrom

Yeah, this does not click with me. Rammstein have been in a steady decline for a long time now, last album was an exception though. I would go as far as Mutter was the last really good album. Been listening to them since Herzeleid. Just my opinion, don't crucify me. ;)

Yeah, this does not click with me. Rammstein have been in a steady decline for a long time now, last album was an exception though. I would go as far as Mutter was the last really good album. Been listening to them since Herzeleid. Just my opinion, don't crucify me. ;)
Yep, Rammstein haven't dropped a good album in at least a decade. And the lyrics have been regularly cringe inducing for a while now. They need to retire.

Doomtrain

I agree with the above commenters that Mutter was their peak. I gave this new album a listen, and I think it's solid enough, but nothing made me want to come back for a repeat listen. I think Rammstein stopped being creative a long time ago. On Mutter, every song is its own unique idea. Most of their work since then blends together for me, and I always feel like it's "fine" but nothing great.

I still really, really want to see them live, though!

Ryuji Goda

I agree with the above commenters that Mutter was their peak. I gave this new album a listen, and I think it's solid enough, but nothing made me want to come back for a repeat listen. I think Rammstein stopped being creative a long time ago. On Mutter, every song is its own unique idea. Most of their work since then blends together for me, and I always feel like it's "fine" but nothing great.

I still really, really want to see them live, though!
I saw them live in 2004, the Reise Reise tour. It was an incredible experience.

Top Bottom