• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PSVR 2 Video

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just say the price and date so I can throw a deposit down with Gamestop.

Still believe it releases same day as REmake 4
Kind of doubt they'd have RE8 and RE4 both VR at the same time. Seems like RE8 will get promoted for a bit before they added anything else to RE4, but who knows.

Nankatsu

harry potter my body is ready GIF

But my wallet isn't.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Sony needs to make this compatible with PC. Or maybe modders will find a way to achieve that, since now it's only one usb cable.
That's the thing -- everyone is shrugging at the idea of a price that equals or even greatly exceeds the Quest 2 price, but that headset comes with easy, full compatibility with your PC.

It also has absolutely simple options (Sidequest) to run all kinds of homebrew games or send your own code to the headset freely. That's how I have a great full-VR port of Minecraft running entirely in the headset--thanks to modders.

To pay that kind of price and only be able to play games on Sony's highly walled, tiny, censored garden is absolute nonsense. It's simply not worth that price.

Elios83

Probably it will be my first VR headset, looking forward to see more games and launch details announced.
I guess price will be range between 399$/450€ and 499$/549€.
The fact that it hasn't an external processing box, it's wired and no batteries are included should help with the price.

Jinzo Prime

Imagine this scenario...

$599, Works on PS5 and PC,

PSVR2 games release day and date on console and PC,

Playstation PC games release on thier own launcher first, Steam 6 - 12 months later (at first, lol)

Playstation launcher has cross-play, cross-progression, shared friends list, PSN, etc,

...How does that sound for a master plan for console and PC success?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Does anyone know what the first game was in the opening?

It did not have a game label, so I assume maybe a new tech demo packed in?

Romulus

That trailer is hype but they need to show alot more games. I don't like that Horizon is the frontrunner here and it's somewhat on rails, limited in combat arenas.

Alyx, GT7, Full ace combat/armored core game, and an exclusive Rockstar port would seal the deal.

Btw, the ace combat devs talked alot of shit about psvr not having enough power for a full game, as did gt7 devs

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Am I the only one rewatching this trailer, recent hands on videos, podcasts etc regarding PSVR2? Oh my god Iam so excited for PSVR2 I feel like a kid again.
You are the only one.
My launch games will be
The walking dead(I'm glad I skip the first one)
Firewall
Horizon
No man's sky ( this one will be good)
Resident evil 8 ( I bought on sale and a week later was announced as psvr launch title)

So good

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
RDR2 would be awesome too.
Don't play!

Sadly, R* is shit now and all their focus is on GTA5: Redux GTA6.

Fuck that over 50 million copy seller with one of the most original and immersivity lively open worlds till this day, that's peanuts, pfft.

skit_data

I was hoping for a price announcement. Oh well. The upside is that that makes it more plausible they’ll have an actual PS Showcase where they announce the price and some more upcoming titles for PS5 and PSVR2.

Baki

They forgot to add: shitty wire required.
Wireless would elevate this from shit add-on to God tier add-on.

If it is coming out, as suspected, during the first quarter of 2023, then, surely, a proper showcase to introduce the first wave of games, and reveal the price, must be expected shortly...Which begs the question: Is that showcase going to be dedicated solely to the PS VR 2, or will Sony use it as a platform to display the entirety of the yearly future line-up (PS4, PS5, PC, PS VR 2) instead?

Crayon

They are not going to officially support PC use. Just take that to the bank. Best case scenario is that they don't go too crazy trying to block it. If it only takes 2 months for the PC community to get it working, and Sony only says "we do not officially support its use", then probably Sony is just put in the minimum trying to dissuade it and is turning a blind eye. Again, that's the best case scenario.

$400 or more sounds insane to me.

You realize the Oculus is a standalone console with everything (the cpu, gpu, the storage, the shop) fully inside the headset? To sell just a VR headset that uses the console for all its heavy lifting--even if it's a very nice headset--is crazy at that price. I already have a PS5, but I still can't take it seriously to spend the same price as the console all over again just for a headset.

I'd say $299 or under is where they can be taken seriously with this. Otherwise the console+headset price is just too high for this to have any impact at all on the broader market exposure of virtual reality.
I think the psvr has a much better screen, and does foveated rendering, physical feedback and whatnot more. I would say they should probably be around the same price (different feature set) and maybe the psvr a little bit more since it uses more advanced tech.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Yeah that promo vid was great. Can’t wait to try it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Latency a non issue. Wireless VR works great. Ultimately the game library for PSVR 2 is going to be thin because the install base will be low as Wired VR is niche.
I've tried wireless VR. The image is nowhere near as crisp when wired and a tad on the washed out side.

IQ is extremely important when it comes to VR.

PSVR (wired), Vive (wired), Index (wired), not really niche. Wireless will be better a gen or two down the line, IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom