• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 bundle sends Horizon Forbidden West back to No.1 | UK Boxed Charts

GHG

Gold Member
There is no possibility to discuss this subject especially in this environment without me or you assuming the other fanboy or toxic..

So I will leave it here.

Jim Carrey What GIF

My original comment wasn't even aimed at you.

Bundles are temporary and limited. They don't even account for much of the lifetime sales of a game anyway. Its weak trolling from those who just can't help themselves. Don't stop though. The saltiness is entertaining. Some of ya'll gonna be mad as fuck at the legs of gow ragnarok later this year too.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
GTA V beat it… so did WWE. Hell even Stranger of Paradise beat it.
Yeah, but go ahead and ignore the fact that those games were released in March (GTAV being new for PS5) while Horizon Forbidden West was released in February. If the game was bundled then that means the digital sales were going to take a hit.

The desperation from you guys is just insane.

Three

Last WeekCurrent WeekNameRatingPublisher
31HORIZON FORBIDDEN WESTPEGI 16+SONY COMPUTER ENT.
12NINTENDO SWITCH SPORTSPEGI 7+NINTENDO
23LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGAPEGI 7+WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
44MARIO KART 8 DELUXEPEGI 3+NINTENDO
65POKEMON LEGENDS: ARCEUSPEGI 7+NINTENDO
76MINECRAFTPEGI 7+NINTENDO
87GRAND THEFT AUTO VPEGI 18+ROCKSTAR
108FIFA 22PEGI 3+EA SPORTS
99ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONSPEGI 3+NINTENDO
1310GRAN TURISMO 7PEGI 3+SONY COMPUTER ENT.
1111ELDEN RINGPEGI 16+BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
512EVIL DEAD: THE GAMEPEGI 18+BOSS TEAM GAMES
1213MARIO PARTY SUPERSTARSPEGI 3+NINTENDO
1614RING FIT ADVENTUREPEGI 7+NINTENDO
15RATCHET & CLANK: RIFT APARTPEGI 7+SONY COMPUTER ENT.
2016SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURYPEGI 7+NINTENDO
1717SONIC MANIA PLUSPEGI 3+SEGA
1518LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTIONPEGI 7+WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
2319SUPER MARIO ODYSSEYPEGI 7+NINTENDO
20VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE - SWANSONGPEGI 18+NACON
2421NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXEPEGI 3+NINTENDO
1922JUST DANCE 2022PEGI 3+UBISOFT
2823GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE TRILOGY - THE DEFINITIVE EDITIONPEGI 18+ROCKSTAR
1824THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILDPEGI 12+NINTENDO
2925LUIGI'S MANSION 3PEGI 7+NINTENDO
3326LEGO THE INCREDIBLESPEGI 7+WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
3727RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2PEGI 18+ROCKSTAR
2728CALL OF DUTY: VANGUARDPEGI 18+ACTIVISION
2629POKEMON BRILLIANT DIAMONDPEGI 7+NINTENDO
4030SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATEPEGI 12+NINTENDO
3631SONIC FORCESPEGI 7+SEGA
2132SONIC COLOURS ULTIMATEPEGI 7+SEGA
33IMMORTALS FENYX RISINGPEGI 12+UBISOFT
3134TINY TINA'S WONDERLANDSPEGI 16+2K
35DYING LIGHT 2 STAY HUMANPEGI 18+TECHLAND
36MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLEPEGI 7+NINTENDO
3837LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROESPEGI 7+WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
1438WWE 2K22PEGI 16+2K
3539FAR CRY 6PEGI 18+UBISOFT
40MARVEL'S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXYPEGI 16+SQUARE ENIX

No Miles resurgence, guess it might have been more digital. Interesting to see what increases with a PS5 drop.
Miles Morales is a confirmed game for PS+ Premium/Extra coming in a month.

Oh shit... do we really have ppl in here who believe some bundles are different than others? Like somehow this bundle's "objective" is to move units, but the others were not 🤔

EDIT: ppl don't bundle shitty games, they bundle good ones. aren't most of the top selling games of all time at some point part of a bundle?

Last edited:

Jaybe

. Interesting to see what increases with a PS5 drop.
Same here. It’s an early indication of what titles may become evergreen with the system, purchased by a large portion of new entrants. I suspect GT7 may be one of the likeliest, especially in the UK. Seems like a solid enough title, especially if added content keeps it relevant for years.

Swift_Star

Banned
Yes but let’s face it. Every single ps5 is selling out right now. Sony knew this and used it to increase the price of each ps5 by 50 pounds. Kinda lame to do that to people who don’t want to buy this game but now have no choice but to pay 50 pounds for it.

The game has been out off for three months and they still haven’t released any figures for it. Not a good look. However, any ps5 they sell now will be an automatic sale for horizon which will undoubtedly inflate the sales numbers just in time for them to announce them.
Why is it lame to offer a console with a game? Bundles are actually a good thing. Was it lame to offer snes with smw and n64 with Mario 64?
Not releasing numbers as of now doesn’t make anything “not a good look” to anyone but fanatic fanboys. That’s not how this works.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

With PS5 still being hard to acquire, I wonder how many people bought the bundle with the intent of playing Forbidden West to completion.

I feel like it'd probably somewhere in the middle of sales, people definitely wanted the game, but people also want PS5s, haha.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why is it lame to offer a console with a game? Bundles are actually a good thing. Was it lame to offer snes with smw and n64 with Mario 64?
Not releasing numbers as of now doesn’t make anything “not a good look” to anyone but fanatic fanboys. That’s not how this works.
Because they have increased the price of the console by 50 pounds.

there is nothing wrong with offering the console with a game as long as the game is free. by forcing a bundle on you, you are no better than gamestop which has been forcing bundles since launch.

sncvsrtoip

there is nothing wrong with offering the console with a game as long as the game is free. by forcing a bundle on you, you are no better than gamestop which has been forcing bundles since launch.
they should bundle it from the beginning to discourage scalpers a little bit at least, imagine bundles with destruction all stars, godfall or even deathloop ;d

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned

So? Should they offer the game for free? You wish. Nobody gives games away, get real. Do you think smw and Mario 64 were free? Lmao

Last edited:

its near impossible to get a PS5 on its own anyway. it almost instantly sells out. most people have to buy it with an extra controller or 12 months ps plus. so might aswell make a limited official bundle. whats the problem?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

So? Should they offer the game for free? You wish. Nobody gives games away, get real. Do you think smw and Mario 64 were free? Lmao
When did i say that? whats wrong with you? you asked me why its lame. I said its because they are adding a 50 pound tax on the game, and pointed out a scenario where it would not be wrong to bundle it. I am not saying they SHOULD bundle it for free, i am literally answering your question.

SlimySnake

its near impossible to get a PS5 on its own anyway. it almost instantly sells out. most people have to buy it with an extra controller or 12 months ps plus anyway. so might aswell make a limited official bundle. whats the problem?
horizon sold 20 million units during the ps4 generation which saw the console sales top 120 million. that means only 1 in 6 PS4 owners were interested in the franchise. The problem is pretty simple. You are forcing a game and a 50 pound or $60 surcharge to 5 out of the 6 potential buyers. You are taking advantage of the high PS5 demand to make a quick buck. We shit on gamestop for doing this, but when Sony does it, we defend it. Thats worse than what Sony is doing. At least they are making a good business decision, i dont know what you all gain from defending this shady practice.

Swift_Star

Banned
When did i say that? whats wrong with you? you asked me why its lame. I said its because they are adding a 50 pound tax on the game, and pointed out a scenario where it would not be wrong to bundle it. I am not saying they SHOULD bundle it for free, i am literally answering your question.
Nothing wrong with me, you’re the one making asinine comments. Maybe look at the mirror and think before writing?

Dream-Knife

Banned
If wii sports doesn't count because it's a pack-in title, then this doesn't either.
Mario World was a pack-in. M64 wasn't. But, yeah, both affected the console price.
Mario All-Stars was a pack in for the same price. It later included a new Mario All-Stars that included World on the same cart.

Only N64 pack in that I remember was the DK64 bundle, which did increase the cost, but was also the first time we got a funtastic console, and that consoles eventual price ($100), as the pack costs $170 including DK64 and an expansion pak. The funtastic series didn't come out until March 31 2000, and the DK64 bundle came out Nov 1999.

SlimySnake

Nothing wrong with me, you’re the one making asinine comments. Maybe look at the mirror and think before writing?
You asked me a question. I answered it. You choose not to respond and insult me. I replied and clarified my original comments. You chose to ignore those comments again and insulted me a second time. Why?

horizon sold 20 million units during the ps4 generation which saw the console sales top 120 million. that means only 1 in 6 PS4 owners were interested in the franchise. The problem is pretty simple. You are forcing a game and a 50 pound or $60 surcharge to 5 out of the 6 potential buyers. You are taking advantage of the high PS5 demand to make a quick buck. We shit on gamestop for doing this, but when Sony does it, we defend it. Thats worse than what Sony is doing. At least they are making a good business decision, i dont know what you all gain from defending this shady practice.

It's not that serious! Take a breather man. Why you sound so agitated and stressed all the time? The bundle will be gone in no time anyway. Its not like a permanent bundle or something. Theres alot more things to be annoyed at sony than this.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

It's not that serious! Take a breather man. Why you sound so agitated and stressed all the time? The bundle will be gone in no time anyway. Its not like a permanent bundle or something.
lol It's funny to see people ask me a question which I answer without any expletives, emojis or gifs, melodrama or overreaction only to have the original poster completely ignore the substance of the post and manufacture reasons to dismiss it without a rebuttal.

The fact that it's happened back to back on this same page is hilarious.

lol It's funny to see people ask me a question which I answer without any expletives, emojis or gifs, melodrama or overreaction only to have the original poster completely ignore the substance of the post and manufacture reasons to dismiss it without a rebuttal.

The fact that it's happened back to back on this same page is hilarious.

Well you know how it is with some people. Say something bad about their favourite company, they flip out and take it personal. This really isn't a big deal though. Like I said, it's just a temporary bundle that will be gone in no time. If It was a long term bundle, then i could see your point.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony not only have the entirety of this year alone to themselves but first half of next year. Alongside the increease in ps5 stock they can capitalize on that, they will also probably have Spiderman 2 bombshell next hoiiday.
🔥 They can really dominate the news and conversation this year and I agree Spider-man 2 is a full house

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony not only have the entirety of this year alone to themselves but first half of next year. Alongside the increease in ps5 stock they can capitalize on that, they will also probably have Spiderman 2 bombshell next hoiiday.
And let's be honest...Sony is holding so many cards close to their chest that we don't know what else is coming. Still, for 2022 and 2023 from AAA games we got TLOU Remake, TLOU2 Remaster, Factions, God of War Ragnarok, Final Fantasy XVI and Forspoken from Square-Enix, Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine from Insomniac...and this is only what we know it's coming. Notice how i only mentioned 3 Sony studios here, lmao. We may get a few months with no games (like a quarter) but in the end these breaks won't be that big...

Swift_Star

Banned
And let's be honest...Sony is holding so many cards close to their chest that we don't know what else is coming. Still, for 2022 and 2023 from AAA games we got TLOU Remake, TLOU2 Remaster, Factions, God of War Ragnarok, Final Fantasy XVI and Forspoken from Square-Enix, Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine from Insomniac...and this is only what we know it's coming. Notice how i only mentioned 3 Sony studios here, lmao. We may get a few months with no games (like a quarter) but in the end these breaks won't be that big...
It’s really amusing how forums can cloud your judgment over this. If we went by here and era, PlayStation was done. Turns out this has no bearing in reality.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
"This game wouldn't sell well without bundles."

This game would've sold better if stock storages weren't an issue.

Why didn't people have this issue with Spider-Man?

Spider-Man PS4 launched on September 7th, 2018.

81G1PnB4+pL._SL1500_.jpg
nnssbyE.jpg

The Spider-Man PS4 bundled launched at $199.99 in November, and people were scalping this console left and right.
Checking the NPD results and PlayStation Store Downloads, you're going to see where this game charted.

September
NPD
| 1. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | 1. Marvel's Spider-Man

October
NPD
| 8. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | 6. Marvel's Spider-Man

November
NPD
| 13. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | 9. Marvel's Spider-Man

December
NPD
| 10. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | 8. Marvel's Spider-Man

January
NPD
| 18. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | Spider-Man did not appear in the top 10

The game received a permanent price drop of $39.99 in February.

Spider-Man remains the best-selling PS exclusive of all time and having a game bundled with a console doesn't prove that the game was unsuccessful.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
"This game wouldn't sell well without bundles."

This game would've sold better if stock storages weren't an issue.

Why didn't people have this issue with Spider-Man?

Spider-Man PS4 launched on September 7th, 2018.

81G1PnB4+pL._SL1500_.jpg
nnssbyE.jpg

The Spider-Man PS4 bundled launched at $199.99 in November, and people were scalping this console left and right.
Checking the NPD results and PlayStation Store Downloads, you're going to see where this game charted.

September
NPD
| 1. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | 1. Marvel's Spider-Man

October
NPD
| 8. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | 6. Marvel's Spider-Man

November
NPD
| 13. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | 9. Marvel's Spider-Man

December
NPD
| 10. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | 8. Marvel's Spider-Man

January
NPD
| 18. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS Store | Spider-Man did not appear in the top 10

The game received a permanent price drop of $39.99 in February.

Spider-Man remains the best-selling PS exclusive of all time and having a game bundled with a console doesn't prove that the game was unsuccessful.
I dont know what's happened lately....but some folks are acting really weird.

All those bundles some of yall posted, especially this one....they dont count for reasons.

Top Bottom