• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New poster for REVIII found in steam, Chris Redfield is a... ?!?!!

SuperGooey

Werewolf Chris Redfield?

This game is closer to Bloodborne than Resident Evil now

Whats a werewolf doing in a zombie game
Resident Evil has never been exclusively a zombie game. And these aren't werewolves in the sense that it's supernatural or based on the moon cycle; these are beast creatures that are likely the result of a new virus. Keep in mind, the T-virus alone resulted in zombies, mutant insects, mutant reptile beast men, giant snakes and scorpions, etc.
I really don’t like these games as Resident Evil games.

If this had been a new IP, or spin-off, like it was introduced as, I’d be fine with them. On their own merits, they’re really cool.

As RE games, though, everything thematical about them seems to miss the point of the series so far.
Explain. Not saying you don't have a good point; I just wanna understand what you mean in more detail.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I'm still busy vomiting from that recent gameplay video to care about the details of the game.

I hope this game isn't out until Fall 2021 and gets some serious TLC on the textures.

DinoD

Seriously guys. Its just a metaphor. Saying that there's a wolf (something dark) in all of us.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Do people really think this is just Chris's character now and that we won't be finding a cure during the game..?

MiguelItUp

If it's not a metaphor of some form, I'll just take it with a grain of salt regardless and not be quick to judge.

Besides, Resident Evil did start with huge spiders, killer birds, a giant snake, a giant killer plant, sharks, etc.

Please no, Chris is a good guy.

sorry, but his inner wolf finally came out of the closet

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Btw, Capcom and Ubisoft really did get rid of Umbrella and Abstergo, didn't they?

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Knowing that it's Capcom, they'll probably do the whole 'werewolf' thing right. They add their special charm to horror. It's interesting how they picked the best location in the world to talk about werewolves. Harry Potter did that type of thing. I'm even more excited for this game.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Even the first game had lickers and hunters and tyrants, giant spiders and snakes etc.
The games were always about the "BOW" factor, the zombies were just low level ones.
And RE BOW roster went the Pokemon route: the early ones were the better ones.

Mephisto40

Interesting, whats the betting Chris gets a spin off game like DMC where he's a werewolf, considering DMC started out as a new resident evil game it's not that far from the realms of possibility

cireza

Banned
Reading the title of the topic, you had me worried for a sec. I thought that Chris was a woman.

We still haven't reached that level of wokeness, that's a relief.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Why stop there? Imagine the possibilities

Chris facing a boulder as a werewolf... what a dream

...I think you may be on to something here

Normal Chris, Roid Chris, altered beast Chris..
V6b3O9z.jpg

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Capcom can do whatever they want because resident evil is so good and other developers are afraid to take risks

Chris went from:
RE1 = Chad Chris
Code Veronica = Still Chad Chris
RE5 Roid rage Chris
RE6 Off cycle depressed and alcoholic Chris
RE7 TRT = Happy again Chris
RE8 Puts weight on because no TRT so turns Dark and depressed Warewolf Chris

Ok you got me at TRT Chris

Outside of the shit posting this is the best thing they could have done with Resident Evil Charizard. Such an over used and boring character gets given new life with some left field CRAZY shit.

He really was the worst of the main characters, tbh. I endorse this move.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Outside of the shit posting this is the best thing they could have done with Resident Evil Charizard. Such an over used and boring character gets given new life with some left field CRAZY shit.

Carna

Banned
Why are they doing this to the franchise? From the good horror/action to X-files shit.
When the series adds additional elements from other types of horror, it seems to work well. though I can't understand regenerating limbs in re7, when you destroy the brain or heart of a living being, it's pretty much dead.

Believe it or not, the series was going to have ghosts that can be taken down with bullets :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

SuperGooey

And RE BOW roster went the Pokemon route: the early ones were the better ones.
RE1, CV and Zero have pretty lame rosters that mostly consist of giant bugs or animals (giant scorpion, giant spider, giant snake, giant frog, giant bat, etc.).

RE8's bestiary already looks more exciting based on the trailers.

Roni

Gold Member
RE1, CV and Zero have pretty lame rosters that mostly consist of giant bugs or animals (giant scorpion, giant spider, giant snake, giant frog, giant bat, etc.).

RE8's bestiary already looks more exciting based on the trailers.
CV had pretty awful enemies outside the pre established ones. 1 and Zero are awesome in my book

Jada_Li

Banned
Interesting. Can't wait to find out how the story plays out and how Ethan and Chris are interwined in all of this. I'm still surprised that Chris was or maybe still is temporarily working with the Umbrella Co. They specifically asked for Chris from the BSAA to help them so I wonder if they aren't up to something behind the scenes or if he just got himself infected somehow and Ethan has to figure out a cure or something. Similar to him rescuing Mia.

Hmm...he's not going to pull a Piers move is he...? In any case, I hope to see a really good plot twist but time will tell. I mean they made it obvious in RE7 for those paying attention and I thought it was interesting. I liked the whole full circle thing too.

What new virus/parasite will it be this time? It does give me vibes from Van Helsing although I doubt werewolves or vampires but I would guess this B.O.W. has research into wolves DNA mixed with human to gain certain animalistic abilities that may be good use for that perfect super soldier or human being they're after. Albert Wesker was the closest they got.

SuperGooey

CV had pretty awful enemies outside the pre established ones. 1 and Zero are awesome in my book
But I think it's hard to argue that the enemies in 1 or Zero are creative. 2, 3, 4 and even 6 had a far more interesting bestiary of enemies. 7 was kinda meh, but I think 8's enemies are pretty interesting so far.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I was totally thinking something, reading the title only. Like... Christina Redfield.

Top Bottom