• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nier Remaster info - Platinum Games involved, combat rework, new ending and more

9971510386.jpg

GOTY whenever it comes out and I don't even care it's a remaster/remake lol.
Not referring to you but I'm sure the crowd that hates the concept of rereleases changes their mind when it's something they enjoy.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If you're changing too many things, and adding new characters that misses the point of a remaster.

Zambatoh

I can only hope they retain all the magic spells the original game had. It was easily one of my favorite things about the combat system which Automata stripped away in favor of a machine gun robot.

Manji Uzuki

Ok they got my attention now. I wasn't really interested on a simple remaster of the original but all those improvements, specially the gameplay ones may be worth a replay. Would be cool if we can choose between Replicant and Gestalt main characters.

zeorhymer

New ending? No thanks. The ending for the game is very very good. Unless people want a happily ever after ending, pfft.

Not referring to you but I'm sure the crowd that hates the concept of rereleases changes their mind when it's something they enjoy.

Oh yeah, there's always that one game that a guy would like to see rereleased, it's inevitable. For me it's always about the validity of the project. Nier had some things that needed to be fixed, so this is the second chance to make it the wholesome package it was always meant to be. And it deserves that second chance.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I only played Nier after really getting into Automata and it absolutely fucked me up (in a good way).

A remake with Automata quality combat is real wish list territory.

Last edited:

Dark Oni

When the game originally came out there was two version, one is Gestalt and another Replicant there is not much different between the two other than you play as father to Yonah in gestalt and as brother in replicant.

Another thing is don't worry about you need to play other to understand first game or Automata. Each game's world are connected but each game take place decade after, I'm pretty sure most people didn't know original NieR takes place after one of the ending in original Drakengard but that didn't stop them from enjoying the overall story.
i played the gestalt version and really enjoyed it i didn't know there were 2 versions i'm definitely looking forward to this.

celsowmbr

Banned
I hope they, at least, give us a chance to play
Emil's war
against
the Aliens.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Thank god they are changing combat. I remember it was so shitty I just set it to easy to not have to bother with it.

Last edited:

Donwel

Neo Member
When the game originally came out there was two version, one is Gestalt and another Replicant there is not much different between the two other than you play as father to Yonah in gestalt and as brother in replicant.

Another thing is don't worry about you need to play other to understand first game or Automata. Each game's world are connected but each game take place decade after, I'm pretty sure most people didn't know original NieR takes place after one of the ending in original Drakengard but that didn't stop them from enjoying the overall story.
The Nier story is so damn convoluted that I'm on the fence about whether I should consider Yoko Taro a genius or a madman.
I can't think of another developer who looks at one possible ending of a game and says "right, let's make a franchise out of that".
Absolute madness.

Top Bottom