• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord screenshots + info

Do we have any release time frame for this. I have been waiting forever. Warband is easily in my top 10 all time favorite games.

I think they said something about maybe going into beta/early access at to some point this year....but i also remember them saying at some point they didn't want to do beta/early access.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Once this game comes out with an Imperial Rome mod I will forsake all other pleasures

One of the factions in the game is called the Empire and is reminiscent of the WRE, so you may not have to end up waiting all that long for a decent mod.

Dargor

The only thing I need to know is when this game is coming out.

Still remember when they said something about doing a beta or something for the end of 2016... :(

Some new info from a French article, which I'm going to use Google Translate for, and rely on a user on the Taleworlds forum to translate since I don't know shit about French:

Google Translate
Google Translate said:
The new engine displays a lot of people on the screen. Developers do not yet know if they will limit the number of men to 500 story to spare the frame rate or s' There will be bastons at 1000. Graphically the game is very pretty and uses modern lighting techniques based on PBR. There is also physical issue of hair and mane calculated on the GPU without using proprietary solution history to turn on both AMD and NVIDIA. However, the game is not too greedy for the GPU and should run even on an Intel Iris Graphics 550. For now, the engine uses DX11.

It is especially the CPU which takes pride: everything is managed by a physical engine (displacements, blows carried ...) and by a complex artificial intelligence. It has three levels of depth: there is a faction AI that manages at high level what it does, There is an AI per army during the battles that decides the strategy and there is an AI per man to control what they do individually. The whole thing is multi-threaded and the game will pull massively part of multi-core CPU. The lead engine promised me that the game will use at least 6 hearts and will get even better with 8. The aim is to propose a motor that will last over time and that will still be current in a few years when one Will all have a thousand hearts.

The solo should be centered around a civil war between the three factions of the Empire: North, South and West. Other factions will be of the party like Vlandia, Khuzait, Aserai, Sturgia and Battania. Quests will have to be made for the various factions in order to make friends and rally them to his cause.

Taleworlds forum
dodido said:
sorry but i'm french so my english is not so good:

-They don't know yet if they want to limit the battle to 500 or 1000.
-The physics are not "prioritize" (I don't know the term in english but in other words, the game will run the same on nvidia and amd).
-The game will be CPU heavy (6 cores recommended but 8 cores would be the best).
-The game is not GPU heavy
-They are trying to integrate the coop but for the moment nothing is certain.
- 7 people are working on the engine and there are 70 people working on the game.
There are 3 levels of AI:
.....a) one for the faction
.....b) a second one for the army
.....c) a third one for every NPC but the journalist has seen the AI doing weird things (no reacting,....)
-For now, they are not planning gamepad or console port.

Steel

Banned
Some new info from a French article, which I'm going to use Google Translate for, and rely on a user on the Taleworlds forum to translate since I don't know shit about French:

Google Translate

Taleworlds forum

Good to hear it'll push my 1700. Considering I'll probably spend a couple hundred hours on this game alone, that'll be great.

It's never coming out :(

B-but... It's on steam and on my wishlist!

Still, I feel like they're pretty far along from what we saw at E3.

cripterion

Good to hear it'll push my 1700. Considering I'll probably spend a couple hundred hours on this game alone, that'll be great.

B-but... It's on steam and on my wishlist!

Still, I feel like they're pretty far along from what we saw at E3.

Need them files in my pc to believe the game exists lol

rainz

Awesome info, i just hope by the time this game is released it doesn't already look really dated... Not that graphics were ever M&B's strong suit but still would be nice to have them looking modern for a while... Wont really bother me though i still play the original as rough as it looks in all its glory.

Top Bottom