• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Platform New Modern Warfare & Warzone Texture Pack Released on Next-Gen, PS4 Pro & Xbox One X, Supports “Most Detailed Textures”

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

If you want the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & Warzone textures to look better and you have a next-gen console (or a PS4), then you’re in luck! Activision has rolled out a new Modern Warfare & Warzone Texture Pack (called Texture Pack 3) for next-gen and on the PS4 Pro (and Xbox One X)!

It’s (naturally) a free download available on each platform’s digital storefront, and on PlayStation platforms, it clocks in at 8.36GB and 7.9GB on Xbox. In the add-on’s description it states that “This pack supports the most detailed textures for weapons and Operators in Modern Warfare and Warzone.”

It’s also only recommended for PS4 Pro and PS5 players with “high-resolution displays.”

Reactions: Riky and isoRhythm

CuNi

Sep 4, 2014
Germany
Activision chasing weird milestones.

- Make your full game to big for base-consoles
- Claim all available storage to keep playerbase from even trying to play other games
- See how far you can go with shitty compression technology

RPSleon

Apr 3, 2015
Installed again last night to see this. But deleted the game because moving around feels like being stuck in glue compared to cold war. So frustratingly slow.

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
No need to panic, surely it replaces prior lower rez textures - not simply adds.

I appreciate devs rolling out higher quality assets despite the size criticism. It’s last gen so sits happily on usb.

oxman2k

Neo Member
Jan 5, 2020
the game is a laggy mess in multiplayer if you play it on ps5 since the last update.it was bad enough before with packs not downloading installs deleteing etc.but now you get lag every game online and have next to no chance of winning a game

Derktron

Dec 27, 2019
Yeah, I played Warzone on my Series S and it's complete garbage in performance. This is why I hope EA can deliver with Battlefield. I want to drop Call of Duty for good this time.