• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Moderation Transparency - Ban History Page

brap

Banned
Holy shit I missed Deplorable's posts

Straight outta 4chan
He was based and epiclly redpilling all these libtard soyboy cucks. May he rip in peace in the kekistani klouds. #MAGA4lyfe my fellow pede.
this is a joke please dont ban me

kevm3

The best solution is to treat the position of a moderator is essentially something akin to a digital garbageman that cleans up the obvious trash, but is otherwise invisible... which has been the prevailing attitude as of late, which is why this board is much easier to enjoy.

I really hope we don't get more 'active' moderation once a few people start screaming

kevm3

@EvilLore and the awesome mod team this is an outstanding feature on a discussion forum that just keeps getting better.

I'm not a former member and I only ever visited this site a couple of times prior to 3 or 4 months ago due to all the horrible things I heard about it being a den of insane SJWs and crazed Sony fanatics along with horribly biased mods.

When I first starting lurking a few months ago I found it to be nothing like what I'd heard. In fact I would say this is by far the best discussion forum I've seen and iit just keeps getting better.

Thank you for all the hard work the team is putting into this site.

It's not like what you heard because this forum split and that crowd largely went over to resetera. Go lurk over there for a little while if you want to see what people were talking about.

McCheese

This is great, especially considering other forums have taken down ban listing sites with legal threats lately..

Says it all really.

Neogaf mods stay winning

brap

Banned
I care that the creepy multi coloured avatar you had has been changed. I don't know what it was but something about that just made my skin crawl.
Sorry :)
ioLxhAX.jpg

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
brap you need to pick a theme and stick with it. You've changed your avatar too many times for me to keep track. I'll be innocently reading a thread and then wham I see a shitpost. "Oh, it was brap all along. I just didn't recognize his avatar pic".

brap

Banned
brap you need to pick a theme and stick with it. You've changed your avatar too many times for me to keep track. I'll be innocently reading a thread and then wham I see a shitpost. "Oh, it was brap all along. I just didn't recognize his avatar pic".
le sigh. after halloween i'll be more consistent.

brap dont listen to the haters i like your new avatar. i like it better that the one you had previous which was the guy from green day with lizard eyes holding a gun or something

brap

Banned
Do you guys like these rappers ironically or what? I’m getting shades of Lil B here.
Lil Pump has some really catchy shit even though he's not a good lyricist. 6ix9ine gets me hyped from his yelling even if he's also not a good lyricist. It's mainly about the feel of the song instead of the lyrics.

Kagey K

Banned
I can’t believe lastword finally got a time out, damn that shit was annoying. He was like the militant Sony fan and couldn’t give an inch whenever Nintendo or MS did something right.

I hope he comes back with a better attitude, because some of what he posted was ridiculous.

Last edited:

God Enel

educate yourself sweaty and don't say that about a strong POC

Isn't he white? I thought you had a problem with it ha white guys saying Nigga?

Be it white or black he looks like dogshit. I would be ashamed to look like that's. Curious what his parents think about him.

Though I have to admit the music isn't that bad. I wouldn't listen to it personally but I see the appeal.

Curious what his parents think about him.

hahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Lil Pump has some really catchy shit even though he's not a good lyricist. 6ix9ine gets me hyped from his yelling even if he's also not a good lyricist. It's mainly about the feel of the song instead of the lyrics.

ahahahaahaahahahah

rap is shit music and generally you can point out people who just are clueless when it comes to music but b-wrap i wont hold it against you

Last edited:

Andyliini

Omg... the ban reason for Luke Fon Fabre is cracking me up.

Thanks for noting that, would have missed it otherwise. Then again, it would have been interesting to see if said user would actually began arguing with us, or just left after throwing insults. I never saw any of his posts, so I don't know what the user actually said.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Do you guys like these rappers ironically or what? I’m getting shades of Lil B here.
Soundcloud Rap is very much a real thing. I do find it funny from an observant POV that a lot of the rappers falling under this look evidently the same:
  • Mostly young
  • Rainbow colours
  • Full of tattoos
  • Usually have some kind criminal record (Likely is ''cred'' i suppose?)
  • Usually love drugs in various quantities
Some write rather depressive texts like the goths a decade ago. So its a little bit of both, with the black replaced by rainbow unicorns.
Its not my kind of thing though despite loving all genres of music. To me it reads like the ultimate social manifestation of social media attention mixed with geniune issues like depression and these artists having dillemma's because of it.

Omg... the ban reason for Luke Fon Fabre is cracking me up.
People just look for Gotcha moments and stop responding when actual points of discussion are brought up. It has happened before with former members, it has happened before with current members, and it happens with these new folks effectively coming back just to look for dirty laundry.

And i mean, i get it that you want to find something so you can proclaim GAF is still equally terrible. I get it that people are sceptical. But if you are coming here with that frame of mind, then it means you turn one eye blind for all the improvements that have been done since. As always, people are ought to attack the argument, not the user in most cases.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
"You actually signed up to GAF to ask people to stop saying mean things about era? Era doesnt need a defence force, it needs a culture change. Now go! Get your accolades comrade for your daring infiltration!. "

Savage

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Isn't he white? I thought you had a problem with it ha white guys saying Nigga?

Be it white or black he looks like dogshit. I would be ashamed to look like that's. Curious what his parents think about him.

Though I have to admit the music isn't that bad. I wouldn't listen to it personally but I see the appeal.

He's Latino (Mexican mom, PR dad)

I will never understand these new kids using the N-word ... Even fat joe

Well done guys. This is amazing. I honestly can't explain how much I appreciate moderators putting thought into making things better and trying to put in safeguards that help everyone.

This is a sneak peak of how things could change online for everyone. Transparency could turn into a selling point, an attractive aspect of your site that gets people interested in using your product. That's where online moderation needs to keep going.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Luke Fon Fabre | Sep 7, 2018 | Permanent | You actually signed up to GAF to ask people to stop saying mean things about era? Era doesnt need a defence force, it needs a culture change. Now go! Get your accolades comrade for your daring infiltration!.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
You actually signed up to GAF to ask people to stop saying mean things about era? Era doesnt need a defence force, it needs a culture change. Now go! Get your accolades comrade for your daring infiltration!.

I feel moderation was channelling Deadpool when writing that

deadpool-youre-still-here.jpg

manfestival

So I am curious, I got a 1 day ban for calling someone a retard... despite not calling anyone a retard. I used a meme that made use of the term and clearly the mod misunderstood not only what was being said(in the meme) but the point entirely(the person making a ruse but absolving themselves when called out). Now yeah it's a one day ban but that's kinda like the cops pulling a gun on you because you said the word bomb when saying "that's the bomb" in a conversation with someone else.

Just had to vent somewhere and I figured this was a good place. Also lol@some of the mod comments on those bans.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So I am curious, I got a 1 day ban for calling someone a retard... despite not calling anyone a retard. I used a meme that made use of the term and clearly the mod misunderstood not only what was being said(in the meme) but the point entirely(the person making a ruse but absolving themselves when called out). Now yeah it's a one day ban but that's kinda like the cops pulling a gun on you because you said the word bomb when saying "that's the bomb" in a conversation with someone else.

Just had to vent somewhere and I figured this was a good place. Also lol@some of the mod comments on those bans.
Retard = Exceptional Individual

Top Bottom