• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel's Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Trailer

pramod

Banned
Of the phase IV movies Ive only seen Thor and Shang-Chi. I hated Thor, Shang-Chi was funny and alright I liked it but Wakanda Forever is way better than those 2. I haven't watched Dr Strange yet.
I just remembered I watched Spider-Man also that was pretty good but I liked Wakanda Forever better.

Forgot about Dr. Strange. I love the cast but that doesnt rescue the movie from being absolute dumpster fire that just gets dumber with repeat viewings.

Doom85

I have no response to logic and reason and therefore can only resort to cheap accusations.

Fixed THAT for you.

Imagine writing all that cringe about some lame ass capeshit movie.
Besides, calling others "colonizers" when you're in charge of an isolationist ethnostate ruled by a trial by combat monarchy is the pinnacle of stupid.

Because I have an actual argument unlike Trazyn who can only double down on ONE argument without countering a single one of my points. Seriously, not even one, Trazyn? Now THAT’S cringe.

Also, I’d rather a country that minds its own business than one that invades or essentially takes over other countries. Also, yes, trial of combat, again not something that ever caused problems for other nations.

You have an actual argument here, or are you just throwing random shit at the wall and praying something sticks?

Also, funny how it’s obnoxious according to you for us to stand up for films we like, but when people obnoxiously continuously enter all these threads with nothing but biased bashing somehow we’re not supposed to see THAT as obnoxious. We get it, you don’t like the thing. No, sweetie, WE GET IT. Now move on with your life, the Internet won’t explode if you don’t enter every MCU thread to announce, “I still don’t like thing!”

Is it worse than Thor?
Not sure if this will help put it into perspective, but here's my ranking of phase 4 from most liked to least liked:

What If...?
Loki
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Black Panther: WF
Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Shang Chi
Spiderman: NWH
Dr. Strange: MoM
Wandavision
Black Widow
Eternals
She Hulk
Thor: Love and Thunder
Ms. Marvel

A few of my placements will probably be called into question and if so I'll be glad to answer them.

Bragr

Banned
the Internet won’t explode if you don’t enter every MCU thread to announce, “I still don’t like thing!”
I don't know about that. I think it's important that normal people resist when something gets to the level we are at now.

Movies have never been as bad as it currently is, and it's because of hype movies oversaturating everything and fans that enjoy anything with a trailer.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Appealing to authority when facing a concise rebutal is the first recourse of the weak minded. Usually progressives like to capture authority to further agendas they cannot justify with logic or reason. I don't care at all about the director's opinion, because the product is for the audience, I'm entitled to an opinion on mass market products, and a flabby lazy man is subpar for the role.

Now, I'd like you to justify how this opinion makes me a racist and a traitor to the country. Justify those serious accusations.

Namor was not flabby. Where are you getting that? He has a swimmer's build which usually isn't 0% body fat and you can see all the individual muscles. He looked like a wrestler or boxer with his build. And he has muscles! As strong as the Hulk in water and Thor on land.

Namor is a BEAST! He's my new favorite Marvel MCU character tied with Shang-Chi!

jason10mm

Gold Member
If we remove children and people with abnormal levels of gullibility and poor taste, the movie would open at 15 million globally.
Yeah, can't wait for the totally original and adult centered Avatar 2 opens next month.

:p

Anything else opening between BP2 and A2? I've totally lost track of film releases these days.

Fixed THAT for you.

Because I have an actual argument unlike Trazyn who can only double down on ONE argument without countering a single one of my points. Seriously, not even one, Trazyn? Now THAT’S cringe.

Also, I’d rather a country that minds its own business than one that invades or essentially takes over other countries. Also, yes, trial of combat, again not something that ever caused problems for other nations.

You have an actual argument here, or are you just throwing random shit at the wall and praying something sticks?

Also, funny how it’s obnoxious according to you for us to stand up for films we like, but when people obnoxiously continuously enter all these threads with nothing but biased bashing somehow we’re not supposed to see THAT as obnoxious. We get it, you don’t like the thing. No, sweetie, WE GET IT. Now move on with your life, the Internet won’t explode if you don’t enter every MCU thread to announce, “I still don’t like thing!”

Nah, but continue to support racism, mate! Surely that isn’t a “bad look”. But really, take a look at how you conduct yourself in this thread. I made a simple observation of blatant racism being in the movie - you seem to go out of your way to create walls of text and whining about how that is “wrong” and crying that people are criticizing this movie. Seek help.

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
To be honest it's always the same few people.

Its also rhe same few people who claim to have zero interest in these movies trolling the threads about it lol.

Capeshit fans here are wild. You got people talking about crying seeing a movie about sea mexicans flying with little wings on there feet fighting a PS2 character.

....yeah people cried because the film is emotional and some people are emotional too? Like I can say "lol people cried about a movie that had a bunch of old people drown in a boat crash" and thatd still be true lol..

This new thing of "LOL look at those lovers having emotions" is so cringe. And the to claim you're the one being attacked? Lmfao

Toons

Banned
Nah, but continue to support racism, mate! Surely that isn’t a “bad look”. But really, take a look at how you conduct yourself in this thread. I made a simple observation of blatant racism being in the movie

Theres no racism in this movie lol

Simply calling things racist doesn't actually make it so. No white people are demeaned or mistreated in any way for being white in this movie.

Theres no racism in this movie lol

Simply calling things racist doesn't actually make it so. No white people are demeaned or mistreated in any way for being white in this movie.

200.gif

Its also rhe same few people who claim to have zero interest in these movies trolling the threads about it lol.
There’s always hope that the Disney movies turn out good. Spider-Man: NWH was good, for example. It’s rare but it can happen from time to time.

Hoppa

Haven’t watched it yet but can anyone confirm if Storm is in it?? My interest in the MCU is slowly waning but something suggesting X-Men are coming would bring me back!

Edit: this thread lol shocker

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Haven’t watched it yet but can anyone confirm if Storm is in it?? My interest in the MCU is slowly waning but something suggesting X-Men are coming would bring me back!

Storm isn't in it but Namor is confirmed to be a mutant

Doom85

Nah, but continue to support racism, mate! Surely that isn’t a “bad look”. But really, take a look at how you conduct yourself in this thread. I made a simple observation of blatant racism being in the movie - you seem to go out of your way to create walls of text and whining about how that is “wrong” and crying that people are criticizing this movie. Seek help.

I’m sorry that you expect any “observation” you make to be 100% supported and not refuted. The real world must be pretty scary for you…

And yeah, LMAO at walls of text. Yeah, and you never were able to come up with any arguments against any of them. I gave you so many options to argue against, and you couldn’t even manage to counter a single one. In other words:

You lose willy wonka GIF
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

Fixed THAT for you.

Lay off the sugar, franchise warrior.

If you think you need to "stand up" for a mass produced mindless design-by-committee superhero popcorn movie, you've lost the plot and need to check your priorities.

Also defending oligarchic ethnic isolationism to prop up your argument really isn't the way to go.

I’m sorry that you expect any “observation” you make to be 100% supported and not refuted. The real world must be pretty scary for you…

And yeah, LMAO at walls of text. Yeah, and you never were able to come up with any arguments against any of them. I gave you so many options to argue against, and you couldn’t even manage to counter a single one. In other words:

You lose willy wonka GIF
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Also a therapist. You clearly need it.

Not a single showing, mention, nor hint.

What a thread lol

It's unfortunate. I think there's other aspects to discuss about the movie and it's potential effect on the MCU going forward, but a single word spoken briefly during two scenes ended up being a trigger for both arguing parties. There are more paragraphs written here than there were thoughts behind the scenes on the word's usage.

Last edited:

Doom85

Lay off the sugar, franchise warrior.

If you think you need to "stand up" for a mass produced mindless design-by-committee superhero popcorn movie, you've lost the plot and need to check your priorities.

Also defending oligarchic ethnic isolationism to prop up your argument really isn't the way to go.

You got to love you and Trazyn constantly telling me to “seek help” and “check my priorities”. Oh, and “franchise warrior”, ironic coming from someone with an avatar of a franchise itself.

You two not only have to resort to personal attacks (oh, and looking through your thesaurus to make yourself look smart to anyone who doesn’t see through that bullshit. “Oligarchic”, yeah I’m sure you use that in your daily conversation, LMAO) but you can’t even think of some variety in them.

And you now what, I’m not even really making that much effort in standing up for the film. Why would I need to, you two give one sentence arguments and attacks that apparently were so flimsy that when I gave plenty of reasoning as to why you’re wrong, you two just double down on that one sentence without countering a single point I made.

Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

This thread is hilarious. I don't know what's worse between this and The Batman thread. Peak fragility on display here.

I thought the movie was decent. I didn't even notice that line. It's a shame that this thread got dominated with discussions about that.

I thought it was the best phase 4 movie. Which isn't saying much. A solid 7/10.

You two not only have to resort to personal attacks (oh, and looking through your thesaurus to make yourself look smart to anyone who doesn’t see through that bullshit. “Oligarchic”, yeah I’m sure you use that in your daily conversation, LMAO) but you can’t even think of some variety in them.

a04Y5XB_460swp.webp

Yeah, that's about the average intelligence of the Marvel movie audience, people who consider "oligarchic" a fancy word.

And you now what, I’m not even really making that much effort in standing up for the film.

Oh that must be why you keep writing multi-paragraph triggered screeches in this thread.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Namor was not flabby. Where are you getting that? He has a swimmer's build which usually isn't 0% body fat and you can see all the individual muscles. He looked like a wrestler or boxer with his build. And he has muscles! As strong as the Hulk in water and Thor on land.

Namor is a BEAST! He's my new favorite Marvel MCU character tied with Shang-Chi!
bOva9Te.png

This man is fat. That is the physique of someone that goes to the gym but eats and drinks like crap. I had this physique when I didn't care about my diet and just lifted weights. I have a better physique than this man, and I'm not paid for it, nor do I take PEDs.

You said that's a swimmer's build, which is BS. This is a mexican swimmer:

vgvNjYk.png

This is a lean body.

You can't accept reality not even for one second, can you? This Tenoch dude was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for a role, and couldn't even bother to stop drinking beer and stuffing his face for a bit to look good for the role. And people defend this because of racism of low expectations.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Nah, but continue to support racism, mate!

This movie isn't racist, just like the fact that She Hulk isn't anti-men.

But here's what both things absolutely, 100%, definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, are: not made for you.

Or me for that matter.

So I choose to not waste my time and money watching them.

Why are you? You obviously hate this film. Otherwise you wouldn't be in this thread, dragging it so much. Don't you think it's a bit of a waste of your time? Plenty of other shit out there. Why watch crap you know you're not going to like?

This film's problem isn't race relations, it's the fact it's deliberately making money off the propped up corpse of a dead actor. And people are actually celebrating Disney for doing it.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I don't care about this movie, but I'm going to watch it just so I can wade into this shit storm informed. If I'm quick enough I'll be in before Sol _Bad tells us how much his wife loves the movie and 100% agrees with his opinion.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
- The movie really tried my suspended disbelief with 5'0 100lbs Letitia Wright whupping 6'1 200lbs Huerta or beating 6'3 240lb Duke in arm wrestling. Duke's arm is bigger than Wright's leg
That's your problem in movie with guy flying using 20cm wings on his feet and tribe that in 100 years went from bronze age (at best) to technology advanced enough to make breathing masks?

Doom85

a04Y5XB_460swp.webp

Yeah, that's about the average intelligence of the Marvel movie audience, people who consider "oligarchic" a fancy word.

Oh that must be why you keep writing multi-paragraph triggered screeches in this thread.

Wow, the insults are just getting some severe. Anyone who knows the forum rules pretty well know at what point personal attacks warrant a report? Asking for a friend. :messenger_winking:

And you keep responding to each one. And I’d rather be “triggered” (that’s hilarious coming from the person whining that Shuri and Okoye risked everything to save someone but DARED to call him something he took no offense towards) than a broken record who can’t think of anything new to say after multiple posts. You just keep spamming that repeat button praying for a different outcome. It’s cute really.

Happy Jeremy Renner GIF

Toons

Banned
bOva9Te.png

This man is fat. That is the physique of someone that goes to the gym but eats and drinks like crap. I had this physique when I didn't care about my diet and just lifted weights. I have a better physique than this man, and I'm not paid for it, nor do I take PEDs.

You said that's a swimmer's build, which is BS. This is a mexican swimmer:

vgvNjYk.png

This is a lean body.

You can't accept reality not even for one second, can you? This Tenoch dude was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for a role, and couldn't even bother to stop drinking beer and stuffing his face for a bit to look good for the role. And people defend this because of racism of low expectations.

You're full of crap.

Hes not fat at all. He doesn't even look that much different than the guy you posted in teems of distribution. Hes obviously got a bigger build structure though. Much more filled out and larger chest.

Absolutely looks convincing as a swimmer build.

eY7N3DB.jpg

You saying this is fat is just insecurity. You used a low res pic from when hes in motion and hunched over to try and make it seem like you had a legit stance, when there are plenty th of clear images of his physique. Honestly kinda pathetic.

This "racism of low expectations" is complete nonsense to try and "blame" audiences for his casting or for not rioting over it like you are.... or something, honestly your whole angle doesn't make much sense. Regardless he went above and beyond in his performance and is one of the best parts of the movie.

They casted an actor before a bodybuilder. He doesn't look like MBJ, but he got the job done.

You got to love you and Trazyn constantly telling me to “seek help” and “check my priorities”. Oh, and “franchise warrior”, ironic coming from someone with an avatar of a franchise itself.

And you now what, I’m not even really making that much effort in standing up for the film. Why would I need to, you two give one sentence arguments and attacks that apparently were so flimsy that when I gave plenty of reasoning as to why you’re wrong, you two just double down on that one sentence without countering a single point I made.

Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen

I reiterate:

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Also a therapist. You clearly need it.

This movie isn't racist, just like the fact that She Hulk isn't anti-men.
Never said the movie was racist. Just that the character was and what she said was. If you are going to argue, at least learn to read what the other person writes.

But here's what both things absolutely, 100%, definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, are: not made for you.

Or me for that matter.

So I choose to not waste my time and money watching them.
I like the Marvel movies and, given how connected they are, it is generally good idea to watch them all.

Why are you? You obviously hate this film. Otherwise you wouldn't be in this thread, dragging it so much. Don't you think it's a bit of a waste of your time? Plenty of other shit out there. Why watch crap you know you're not going to like?
Yes, I do hate this film - but I thought it was going to be good, if not better than the first. People can watch something expecting to like it and then criticize the flaws within the film. Or do you want an echo chamber where you only hear like minded opinions? I suggest you go elsewhere for that.

This film's problem isn't race relations, it's the fact it's deliberately making money off the propped up corpse of a dead actor. And people are actually celebrating Disney for doing it.
A film can have multiple issues.

That's your problem in movie with guy flying using 20cm wings on his feet and tribe that in 100 years went from bronze age (at best) to technology advanced enough to make breathing masks?
I am tired of hearing shit defenses like this. It’s been addressed so many times why some elements are not believable while other more fantastical ones are. Same shit happened in the rings of power thread. “That’s your problem with a show with wizards and orcs and elves”.

Doom85

I reiterate:

Yeah, no shit you reiterate. All you’re apparently capable of is repeating the same drivel over and over again without just growing the fuck up and admitting you don’t have an argument against any of the points I made.

If you are going to argue, at least learn to read what the other person writes.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Oh, this is some next level clown shit. Dude can’t even address all the points I made against his original argument (because all debates end after the two initial arguments in Trazyn’s warped reality) and has the audacity to tell people how to argue. You can’t make this shit up.

Hey, Trazyn, here’s how a few tips on how an actual debate works:

1) when someone makes a counter with multiple points, it is expected for you to have a counter argument against at least some of those points. You have failed to do so after well over 24 hours.
2) attacking the other person with “you need professional help” is an ad hominem and any judge above an elementary school education level will call you out on that
3) repeating the exact same thing over and over when it has already been countered and you simply repeat what you originally said with nothing new to add would get noticed again by any judge worth their salt.

Trazyn: Tim is a great guy.
Other guy: Here’s a video of Tim actively murdering his whole family.
Trazyn: …Tim is a great guy.
Other guy: Oh, and here‘s a Facebook photo of Tim holding a flamethrower with him commenting, ‘can’t wait to burn down an orphanage with this!’
Trazyn: …..Tim is a great guy.
Judge: All right, Trazyn, we need you to actually produce counter evidence or a new argument against this evidence because you are tasting my patience right now.
Trazyn: …….Tim is-
(judge throws his hammer right in Trazyn’s face)

DKehoe

Gold Member
So the thing that kicks off the plot is that the US government discovers and starts mining vibraniun underwater which threatens the secrecy of Namor’s people and makes them go public right? But then it just seems like nothing actually happens with that? Am I missing something or was that not resolved in the film?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

The only thing I'm addressing is that the tribe didn't advance in only 100 years. Namor lead the tribe since the 16th century. They've had over 400 years to advance thanks to their own deposit of vibranium.

Yeah, no shit you reiterate. All you’re apparently capable of is repeating the same drivel over and over again without just growing the fuck up and admitting you don’t have an argument against any of the points I made.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Oh, this is some next level clown shit. Dude can’t even address all the points I made against his original argument (because all debates end after the two initial arguments in Trazyn’s warped reality) and has the audacity to tell people how to argue. You can’t make this shit up.

Hey, Trazyn, here’s how a few tips on how an actual debate works:

1) when someone makes a counter with multiple points, it is expected for you to have a counter argument against at least some of those points. You have failed to do so after well over 24 hours.
2) attacking the other person with “you need professional help” is an ad hominem and any judge above an elementary school education level will call you out on that
3) repeating the exact same thing over and over when it has already been countered and you simply repeat what you originally said with nothing new to add would get noticed again by any judge worth their salt.

Trazyn: Tim is a great guy.
Other guy: Here’s a video of Tim actively murdering his whole family.
Trazyn: …Tim is a great guy.
Other guy: Oh, and here‘s a Facebook photo of Tim holding a flamethrower with him commenting, ‘can’t wait to burn down an orphanage with this!’
Trazyn: …..Tim is a great guy.
Judge: All right, Trazyn, we need you to actually produce counter evidence or a new argument against this evidence because you are tasting my patience right now.
Trazyn: …….Tim is-
(judge throws his hammer right in Trazyn’s face)

Here, I have a link for you:
https://googlethatforyou.com/?q=Therapists near me

Use it. You clearly need it.

Top Bottom