• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel's Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Trailer

Urban

So every Superhero that we know will get replaced by the female counter part of it?
Season 5 Premiere GIF by Ex On The Beach

Trailer looked good till the last seconds lol

Last edited:

Vestal

Gold Member
Looking forward to it. I know it will pull at the heart strings though with the imagery of Chadwick. :/

Hopefully they took care in doing a proper tribute to T'Challa/Boseman, while at the same time not over doing it.

clarky

Gold Member
So every Superhero that we know will get replaced by the female counter part of it?
Season 5 Premiere GIF by Ex On The Beach

Trailer looked good till the last seconds lol
These characters existed in the comics years ago to try and get teenage girls to read them to expand the audience, they are just doing the same here, and it will fail, again. I couldn't give less fucks about a non tony stark iron man regardless of gender.

Iron heart 💖 who remembers that classic character?

Little Mac

Trailer looks great. Liked the first trailer more but I'm excited to see the movie nonetheless. Still wish Killmonger somehow redeems himself by protecting Wakanda from Namor (and becomes BP) but I know that's not going to happen.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I still don't agree with Shuri being the new BP... Not THIS version of her. When did she learn to fight? During the 5 years she was blipped? It should be Nakia or The general of the Dora Milaje (can't remember her name right now)

These characters existed in the comics years ago to try and get teenage girls to read them to expand the audience, they are just doing the same here, and it will fail, again. I couldn't give less fucks about a non tony stark iron man regardless of gender.

Umm... So you're saying female heroes only existed in comics in the last few years? So it was all male superheroes until a few years ago? So T'Challa in the comics isn't STILL the Black Panther and has always been even while Shuri was Queen AND a Black Panther? So what you're saying is that female heroes are not sellers in the comics? They should be killed off and it only being male heroes?

Multiverse is the only possibility to explain why Blade was a gangster during the first season of Luke Cage and why his mom showed a picture of her deseased son to Tony Stark in Civil War, though.

She was his cousin, not his mom.

Urban

Isnt Ironheart( the character) only about 5 years old? I mean she is pretty new right?

clarky

Gold Member
Umm... So you're saying female heroes only existed in comics in the last few years? So it was all male superheroes until a few years ago? So T'Challa in the comics isn't STILL the Black Panther and has always been even while Shuri was Queen AND a Black Panther? So what you're saying is that female heroes are not sellers in the comics? They should be killed off and it only being male heroes?
No?

When did i say female heroes only existed in comics in the last few years?

Vestal

Gold Member

I would say that both my daughters (13 and 9), love all the content that the MCU has put out with female leads. Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch etc....

So really its not failing..

clarky

Gold Member
I would say that both my daughters (13 and 9), love all the content that the MCU has put out with female leads. Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch etc....

So really its not failing..
Glad your daughters are enjoying it.

But its a massive fail for me. She Hulk is fucking terrible. So was Captain Marvel. And ms Marvel? lol.

Sacrlet witch was just ok.

Its Not just the female characters, most of their output lately has been mediocre at best

The version of spiderman is the wort one yet by far.(yes im aware its sony)

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
please tell me they at least give BP a good on screen death saving everyone or something in the first 15 minutes. I truely hope they don't just go the off screen route. That way seems almost disrespectful to Chadwik

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Still feel it's pretty shitty to base your next big budget, money making superhero epic on someone's real and actual death, but I guess Disney would probably puppet Walt's corpse across the screen if they thought it would make them enough money.

They should have recast... Even Chadwick's family and widow said as much! They recast Spartacus... The main character in the show... But not Chadwick. I get it... Dude was AWESOME as a person and an actor... But he would have wanted T'Challa to live on. I think he said that in an interview once. The character is bigger than any one actor.

FunkMiller

They should have recast... Even Chadwick's family and widow said as much! They recast Spartacus... The main character in the show... But not Chadwick. I get it... Dude was AWESOME as a person and an actor... But he would have wanted T'Challa to live on. I think he said that in an interview once. The character is bigger than any one actor.

Yes, but then you have to actually sit down and think of a decent story... instead of just selling your movie on all of the Chadwick sobby sobs.

It's incredibly cynical and exploitative, and the fact so many idiots are sat there crying over the trailer and thinking it's been made as a glorious tribute to Boseman, is a great example of how fucking moronic modern movie going audiences can truly be.

You either recast, or don't make another one. But the first option is difficult, and the second doesn't make any money.

clarky

Gold Member
please tell me they at least give BP a good on screen death saving everyone or something in the first 15 minutes. I truely hope they don't just go the off screen route. That way seems almost disrespectful to Chadwik
No way they are killing him on screen, id argue thats a lot more disrespectful to the family.

My monies on a funeral as the opener, but no real way of doing it apart from not making a sequel...........

I didnt care for the movie much but he owed that role.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I still don't agree with Shuri being the new BP... Not THIS version of her. When did she learn to fight? During the 5 years she was blipped? It should be Nakia or The general of the Dora Milaje (can't remember her name right now)

She was his cousin, not his mom.
Yeah, one of the 2 warriors should be the new bp, not the nerdy one with stick as arms.

The bald chick was my favourite character in the first movie.

clarky

Gold Member
Still feel it's pretty shitty to base your next big budget, money making superhero epic on someone's real and actual death, but I guess Disney would probably puppet Walt's corpse across the screen if they thought it would make them enough money.
Pretty much my thoughts.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Having a scene where they kill off a voiceless masked stunt double or CGI ghost would be infinitely more disrespectful, that's so bad. It'll open on his funeral, everyone and their grandmother knows the context, they don't need to overdo it.

Billbofet

I liked the first trailer a lot more, but this looks okay. It does seem to focus more on the bad guy than Wakanda - which I think was the best part about the first movie as well.

Spaceman292

Banned

Does the audience need expanding? The other movies already had a billion women watching them.

clarky

Gold Member
Does the audience need expanding? The other movies already had a billion women watching them.
If they did these characters well then they would be a success, but Disney have handled most of them really poorly. They'll be successful anyways as people eat this trash up.

Like another poster said the casting for the new BP is awful, they might pull it off but i doubt it with their track record recently.

The bald warrior makes more more sense plus shes super hot as well.

Little Mac

I heard a rumor that may be a spoiler so I'll hide it ...

Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) trains her on the astral plane.

Last edited:

The Skull

First black panther was average at best and can't say I'm excited for this. As many have said, post end game (that was pretty bad as well) has been mainly misses.

Hoping they can turn it around and start producing quality movies again.

Top Bottom