• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Jurassic World Video Game Seemingly Teased

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It looks as though a new video game associated with the Jurassic World film franchise is going to be revealed in the near future. A pair of new teases have emerged today indicating that such an announcement is likely going to take place within the coming week. And while we have yet to know what this game could be specifically, it will in all likelihood be associated with the Jurassic World Evolution title which first launched back in 2018.

The first of these teasers for a new Jurassic World game comes directly from the property's official Twitter account. The tweet in question that teased this reveal contained a lone image of what looks to be video game-style graphics showing a dinosaur hiding behind some foliage. No caption outside of a few emojis were shared by the account, which naturally led to many fans asking questions about what this could be in relation to.

What makes this tease so likely to be a video game comes with another announcement that happened to be made this afternoon. Jeff Goldblum, who is one of the most notable actors associated with the Jurassic Park film franchise, was announced to be involved with next week's Summer Game Fest kick-off stream. Although Goldblum could be showing up for another reason, it makes sense for him to be the one to reveal this project since so many fans associate him with Jurassic World.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Trespasser remake?!

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I'd be more excited to hear Goldblum announce a "The Fly" have adaptation or maybe something based on "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou".

I love the first Jurassic Park movie, but haven't enjoyed any of the sequels or spin offs.

Codes 208

Lego JW and Evolution was pretty good (though evolution was a bit too complicated for my taste) I’m curious what other direction they could go with.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Loved evolution. I still with Creative Assembly got to make a Jurassic Park: Isolation.

Could have been an amazing evolution and expansion of Alien: Isolation's concepts, and they showed mastery at bringing a films atmosphere to a game.

Inviusx

JW Evolution 2 was mentioned in the Frontier leak last year.

I really hope this is what they're ready to announce.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
yAZINqf.gif

Edit---

Fuck, it's basically nothing.

The first of these teasers for a new Jurassic World game comes directly from the property's official Twitter account. The tweet in question that teased this reveal contained a lone image of what looks to be video game-style graphics showing a dinosaur hiding behind some foliage. No caption outside of a few emojis were shared by the account, which naturally led to many fans asking questions about what this could be in relation to.

This is just a frame from Jurassic World.
The movie. Released in 2015.

What makes this tease so likely to be a video game comes with another announcement that happened to be made this afternoon. Jeff Goldblum, who is one of the most notable actors associated with the Jurassic Park film franchise, was announced to be involved with next week's Summer Game Fest kick-off stream. Although Goldblum could be showing up for another reason, it makes sense for him to be the one to reveal this project since so many fans associate him with Jurassic World.

So Goldblum appearance is all we got?

But Evolution 2 should be announced soon, so it's possible.

Trespasser remake?!

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football
Never going to happen. Never.

Lego JW and Evolution was pretty good (though evolution was a bit too complicated for my taste) I’m curious what other direction they could go with.
Lego JW is one of my favorite games of all time. No joke, it's a masterpiece.

Loved evolution. I still with Creative Assembly got to make a Jurassic Park: Isolation.

Could have been an amazing evolution and expansion of Alien: Isolation's concepts, and they showed mastery at bringing a films atmosphere to a game.
That is my dream game.

Only had one before, a western game made by the guys behind GTAIV, free-roam and super immersive. Like GUN but much deeper and better.

Then Rockstar announced Red Dead Redemption, scheduled to be released the exact same day as my birthday (later delayed).

maybe it is evolution 2, I'm still playing evolution, love it.
Me too, love Evolution.
And can look absolutely stunning.

Edit---

Just found on Twitter:

E2_02TbX0AAqwsj

So they are either lying or..

IpDAgCi.gif

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Please be another park sim!
As much I enjoyed Jurassic World Evolution I think they've fully explored the topic and it would be nice to get a game from a different genre. I wouldn't mind an action RPG tbh if it revolved around roaming the island, doing some quests and avoiding killer dinos.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The Evolution DLC with the B and C Tier dinosaurs was fucking great. I 100% Lego JW on Wii-U back in the day. Can we get a new action JP title please.

gamer82

How hard is it to make a first or third person game please !

sims games are not for me and I’d love a good dinosaur game adventure game.

Allforce

My 9 year old who has put literally 700 HUNDRED hours into JW Evolution confirms it is JW Evolution 2. This kid is locked into every fan site and rumor video and is all LETS GOOOOO.

Little dude mods the shit out of JWE right now to the point I have to reinstall it after awhile because it gets so gummed up with weirdness. I'm the only one in the house who actually played the game proper and went through all the scenarios and built actual functional and successful parks...

Coincidentally, I have been giving this game a second chance. At launch, I thought it was the equivalent of a phone game. I never reviewed the game, which is a weird choice for me, but I feel like I would have given it a 5-6.5 at the time. I think Frontier is an amazing company, and I think this game was hindered by things out of their control.

I really don't know why I booted it up after playing Planet Zoo once, possibly because of Pokémon Snap, but I've been appreciating it in different ways than I originally did, and I'm taking care to design enclosures and the park rather than just wanting to watch my dinosaurs do things. I have none of the DLC, but if there is an announcement maybe I will pick up some of it in a sale. The dinosaurs are unfortunately not the star of this game in my opinion, but they're obviously what you take pictures of. Right now, if I gave the game a review, it would be between a 7-8, but I'm just playing it in a way that feels like the right way for me.

This is the enclosure I am most happy with. I wanted something that had both large Brachiosaurs and small predators, in this case the Dilophosaurus. I don't know if it serves any functional purpose in the game, but I put up lots of different observation stations. I like the shape, the valley involved with it, and the trees for the dilophosaurus to hide in, just like in the movies. I wanted the monorail to go around it, as I tried in this case to keep the animals unimpeded.

gAyMCGg.jpg

cPzL8Fc.jpg

H2oH2wr.jpg

More pictures tomorrow!

Maximusz

This should have a 1v4 multiplayer mode, with option to select your Dinosaur species.

P.S. there is no singular form for the word species. Specie means money into the form of coins.

Kazza

My 9 year old who has put literally 700 HUNDRED hours into JW Evolution confirms it is JW Evolution 2. This kid is locked into every fan site and rumor video and is all LETS GOOOOO.

Little dude mods the shit out of JWE right now to the point I have to reinstall it after awhile because it gets so gummed up with weirdness. I'm the only one in the house who actually played the game proper and went through all the scenarios and built actual functional and successful parks...

It's not often that I'm jealous of kids growing up nowadays, but I have to say, lucky kid! I would have been around hat age (maybe a little younger) when the first Jurassic Park movie came out, and I think I would have spent a similarly ridiculous amount of time modding and designing my own park, if the game had been around then. I loved the likes of Theme Park etc back then - add in dinosaurs and that would have been the perfect game for 9 year old me.

SJRB

Gold Member
As much I enjoyed Jurassic World Evolution I think they've fully explored the topic and it would be nice to get a game from a different genre. I wouldn't mind an action RPG tbh if it revolved around roaming the island, doing some quests and avoiding killer dinos.

Super hard disagree. JWE is such an incredibly bare-bones experience, it delivers the absolute minimum of what a management game is supposed to be.

The options are extremely limited all across the board. It looks great and a lot of time and effort went into creating the dinosaurs. But basically everything else is half-baked, especially compared to games like Planet Zoo and Planet Coaster [which probably tip the scale way too much in the other direction, I'd argue].

The only reason this game never got any QOL updates is astonishing and I always thought the lack of support was because they'd be working on a sequel.

The left side of this is the park for the velociraptors and the Spinosaurus. I thought Spinosaurus would want more forest cover with water, but it had a really high grassland requirement, so this environment looks nothing like what I had envisioned. I gave it a concrete fence with electricity because I wanted it to convey the danger of a carnivore enclosure. A criticism I have of the game is that all of the shops are essentially the same size, and they have issues being built around other buildings. This ends up looking very tacky, and pretty generic. From the top, can you tell which building is the fast-food restaurant, the clothing store, or the arcade?
JPduBMH.jpg

S8NdOxJ.jpg

NbQVUIx.jpg

Let’s not forget there was Jurassic World Aftermath VR for Oculus

With this and JWE (plus the recent Switch port) I think we are close to seeing our dream Jurassic game soon.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can't it just be a [teaser] trailer for the next movie? I mean, there's movies being plugged during videogame events all the fucking time.

[for the record, Goldblum is actually in the next movie]

skit_data

The left side of this is the park for the velociraptors and the Spinosaurus. I thought Spinosaurus would want more forest cover with water, but it had a really high grassland requirement, so this environment looks nothing like what I had envisioned. I gave it a concrete fence with electricity because I wanted it to convey the danger of a carnivore enclosure. A criticism I have of the game is that all of the shops are essentially the same size, and they have issues being built around other buildings. This ends up looking very tacky, and pretty generic. From the top, can you tell which building is the fast-food restaurant, the clothing store, or the arcade?
JPduBMH.jpg

S8NdOxJ.jpg

NbQVUIx.jpg
The worst part about Evolution is that it has possible the worst terrain shaping tools I’ve ever come across in a game

Edit: Accidentaly came across as a hater of the game. I’m not, I own all expansions and the Platinum trophy on PS4!

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The worst part about Evolution is that it has possible the worst terrain shaping tools I’ve ever come across in a game

Edit: Accidentaly came across as a hater of the game. I’m not, I own all expansions and the Platinum trophy on PS4!

It's okay to criticize a game, come on now. You're right, their terrain tools are sub-par at best.

SCB3

I liked Evo, my son has really got into it this week as well,

Hell I liked the Tell tale game as well

Top Bottom