• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese-developed Silent Hill game leaked through a handful of images from a 2020 build (Sony said to be involved)

bitbydeath

That picture looks like ass what are you talking about talented lol
Bloober are a small budget studio.
Yes, far worse than this.

images

ParaSeoul

Bloober team trying to pull a Hasan us?

I'll believe it's Kojima when it's official.
One of the games is already confirmed Bloober,the rumors going back to 2020 always said there were multiple games in development. Going by that character model I can say this is the Bloober one. The other is some prominent Japanese developer that we haven't seen yet.

Nickolaidas

Banned
What happened..?
Dusk tweeted that re8 ran like shit on the ps5 (because it was unoptimized), and people wanted his head on a pike. Then he said he leaked that to even the playing field between ps5 and xsx 'bad news stories' and everyone thought he was an ms fanboy.

Then the re8 reveal trailer came and ran at 5 fps at some points, but people somehow missed that.

DuskGolem explaining WHY he posted what he did made people (sony fans mainly) hate his guts, to the point not realizing that the info AT THAT TIME was correct.

It was a problem he himself created, but still remained legitimate in my eyes because I don't give a rat's ass about console wars.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
Dusk tweeted that re8 ran like shit on the ps5 (because it was unoptimized), and people wanted his head on a pike. Then he said he leaked that to even the playing field between ps5 and xsx 'bad news stories' and everyone thought he was an ms fanboy.

Then the re8 reveal trailer came and ran at 5 fps at some points, but people somehow missed that.

DuskGolem explaining WHY he posted what he did made people (sony fans mainly) hate his guts, to the point not realizing that the info AT THAT TIME was correct.

It was a problem he himself created, but still remained legitimate in my eyes because I don't give a rat's ass about console wars.
You got the order wrong on the first one. The reveal came first before his take on the performance.

begotten

The thing is demand and outcry for Silent Hill has been rampant for awhile now and it was always going to be one of those things that gets leaked.

Surprised it was Dusk Golem to do it given his history, but there you go.

Nickolaidas

Banned
You got the order wrong on the first one. The reveal came first before his take on the performance.
Hmm ... you may be right on that one.

Still, he leaked insect witches, zombies with weapons, castles and werewolves and the Village title before any reveal, though.

begotten

Also if he said Sony was involved then this is definitely the Japanese / Kojima game. Bloober doesn't need to go through Sony to develop their (most likely 3rd party) game.

I assume Sony is working with KojiPro diligently because it's infact a PSVR2 game and they are the ones who are going to know how to maximize those capabilities.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
Hmm ... you may be right on that one.

Still, he leaked insect witches, zombies with weapons, castles and werewolves and the Village title before any reveal, though.
Yeah. He’s a good leaker but not infallible. He got a lot of stuff wrong on his RE3 leaks for instance.

Nickolaidas

Banned
You know, for a Friday the 13th, we sure got a lot of good news, horror-wise ...

All we need is leaked Callisto Protocol gameplay and we're good to go.

SJRB

Gold Member
That close-up shot of the face is a dead giveaway that this isn't a Kojima game. Compare it to Death Stranding and tell me they're the same level of fidelity.

Could be Bloober and that's making me nervous.

Borowski_1

That close-up shot of the face is a dead giveaway that this isn't a Kojima game. Compare it to Death Stranding and tell me they're the same level of fidelity.

Could be Bloober and that's making me nervous.
Death Stranding used Decima

He could be using a diff engine here

SSfox

Finally some real gaming news that matters, even tho it's leak but sounds legit, very excited for this for sure!!

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
People were a bit too harsh on it back then and from trying it out recently it's a good game. Before anyone goes on a rant, I'm not saying it matches the quality of 2, 3, or 4. It did it's own thing and did it well enough to the point where I enjoyed the ride.
people should more focus on Homecoming being the nostalgia driven, combat heavy, creatively bankrupt, poorly written pos it is...

Top Bottom