Let's go Bloober, I believe in you
this explains the bad graphics. It will be vr gameMarch 2022.
After the unfortunate lapsing of the Silent Hill domain, Konami once again has a bit of a black eye with fans. However, in spite of the website fiasco, Konami has once again given fans faint hope that the iconic franchise will return. Potentially, this time with Silent Hill in VR. As reported by...bloody-disgusting.com
Wasn’t he ripped apart here(and Reeeeee)for saying there was issues with RE village production or something akin to that.He's 50/50. He had some duds and some genuine news over the years. His Capcom leaks are more accurate as far as I know but he isn't immune from going wrong either.
He did and for the right reasons. Basically RE8 reveal got released on a Playstation event. It was fine but the performance leaves a lot to be desired which was attributed to being still at the stage where a game gets optimized. Fast forward a month and Halo Infinite reveal got mocked with craig and all. Lots of negative stuff thrown at Xbox. Then came DG with some news that apparently PS5 has problems running RE8 while XSX was doing pretty good.Wasn’t he ripped apart here(and Reeeeee)for saying there was issues with RE village production or something akin to that.
The photos got DMCA'd by Konami. It's definitely connected to them. Whether that's SH is up in the air but it's the most likely one especially if it's horror.Might be real, might be shots from an old concept that never went anywhere. Might not even be Silent Hill related. It's just 4 screenshots of something, the Konami/SH link to these hasn't been established.
Altought this looks legit, i would wait for the official announcement. Some stuff pointed out in another thread:
- this is a « joint production » that seems to involve several studios
- Sony is reportedly involved, but from Dusk's past tweets it may only be marketing rights
- screenshots are from a 2020 build
- supposedly Masahiro Ito is attached to the project
- Ito confirmed on Twitter back in Jan 2020 that he's working on a project that he hopes « won't get canceled this time »
- in 2021 Ito confirmed that project was still in development
- Dusk seemed to imply that it's a possibility that this game has already been canned/or will be and is not sure (red flag)
- Dusk supposedly has thirty screenshots and some artwork from Ito
- the hallway screenshot apparently heavily suggests a certain game mechanic that Dusk thinks is spoilery
- the player being sent SMS messages was originally a planned feature in Silent Hills per Alanah Pearce, and Dusk seems to reference it
- the Japanese text in the last screenshot was translated by various Twitter users, and it apparently has to do with a mother neglecting her children
Im just saying that there is nothing there making the franchise a series to guarantee wanting more of it just because, there are not threads or a story developed over time or anything like that despite them managing to keep some loose ties between the games lore wise.
I mean, what would make you think that a new Silent Hill would be a good game compared to any other horror game out there without the name attached to it? every game departed enough from the previous one to the point that we have no protagonist or characters attached to it nor some game mechanics, a new Silent Hill game would be just a random horror game with the name stamped on it and some callbacks thrown in there for good measure.
Even Kojima's PT had not much "Silent HIll" on it, the franchise part of it had nothing to do with what made it interesting, Kojipro could be developing a horror game without the Konami franchise and it would be just as interesting.
He does have his sources, but he took egg on his face when he admitted that he made up the story about RE8 struggling to reach a stable 30fps on the PS5, let alone 60, because Sony was getting "so much praise at the time," that he wanted to "level the playing field" by spreading FUD.BUH ... BUH BUH ... BUH DUSKGOLEM'S A FRAUD ATTENTION WHORE BUH BUH BUH!!!
KONAMI, one of the world’s largest game publisher, and Bloober Team, have signed a strategic cooperation agreement. It will include jointly developing selected contents and exchanging know-how.
– It is a historic day for me and the culmination of several years of our work. The fact that such a renowned company as KONAMI has decided to strategically cooperate with the Bloober Team means that we also joined the world leaders in gaming and became an equal partner for the leading players in this market. – comments Piotr Babieno, president of the Bloober Team.
As part of the agreement, the partners declared cooperation in the development of contents and the exchange of know-how.
– We have been providing unique entertainment content and ways to enjoy it through the use of information technology. In the digital entertainment industry, significant changes in the business environment are expected in the future. We look forward to combining Bloober Team’s and our respective characteristics and strengths to create high-quality contents. KONAMI – comments Hideki Hayakawa Representative Director, President Konami Digital Entertainment
Konami Digital Entertainment, which is the core company of Konami Group, develops entertaining content for mobile, console and card games. The company is known for global franchises such as eFootball PES, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, and Contra, as well as the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game series.
It's all about the atmosphere and tension. The psychological mind-fuck of a story in SH2 as well.Everyone thinks they want a new Silent Hill until they realize the gameplay is walking around tight corridors hitting thing with a pipe.
Love the first game but just sayin.