• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Image Upload Feature

kingwingin

wVixrcN.jpg

MetalAlien

Banned
Just an fyi, no big deal really but in the assault weapons thread if I try to upload an image it doubles it. It only appears to happen in that thread. Just a weird glitch I guess.

Kadayi

Banned
Palliasso Palliasso

I was thinking that maybe it would be cool if there was some sort of IFTTT protocol in place for auto-resizing image uploads to a reasonable dimension if they exceed a certain size? (display H 1000 or W 1000 px dependent on which is the greater dimension) I actively use the resize image feature quite a lot but apparently, I'm the exception rather than the rule in that regard (as can be witnessed by a few posts above this).

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Palliasso Palliasso

I was thinking that maybe it would be cool if there was some sort of IFTTT protocol in place for auto-resizing image uploads to a reasonable dimension if they exceed a certain size? (display H 1000 or W 1000 px dependent on which is the greater dimension) I actively use the resize image feature quite a lot but apparently, I'm the exception rather than the rule in that regard (as can be witnessed by a few posts above this).
I second this until today, despite uploading 1000 images I never even clicked on the images or resized them. I'm thinking we can educate THE ENTIRE BOARD or somehow implement your idea.

Kadayi

Banned
I second this until today, despite uploading 1000 images I never even clicked on the images or resized them. I'm thinking we can educate THE ENTIRE BOARD or somehow implement your idea.

In one of the NSFW threads, I explained about image rescaling and horizontal positioning a while back and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. An IFTTT protocol would resolve the problem wholesale.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
In one of the NSFW threads, I explained about image rescaling and horizontal positioning a while back and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. An IFTTT protocol would resolve the problem wholesale.
Tit or ass thread?

Weilthain

Banned
Works great for me but I compress the images I take with my phone with an app or else they are too big to upload
PcmIpV8.jpg

Just had to pull a huge long piece of string out of her butt.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I haven't been able to upload in a week or so. Is this a temporary issue or has the feature been disabled?
It's always been spotty for me, I have to download to my phone and then edit it in Google photos and upload the edited version. That has also stopped working now.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I haven't been able to use image upload for a little while, and also pasting an image link seems really spotty.

If it helps, I always post from an Android phone (LG Velvet currently).

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Another feature that's here by popular request, you can now upload images directly from NeoGAF when creating or replying to threads and conversations. The images will be transferred to Imgur and can then be easily inserted into posts. Let's take a look.

At the bottom of the post composition window you will now see a new option: Upload Images.

WJ939xl.png

You can press "Select Files" to select one or more images from your computer or phone to be uploaded.

ESnhGnn.png

When you're done selecting images, you can press the "Upload All" button, and those images will be uploaded to Imgur. Now, you will see an "Insert" button that will insert the image into the post.

0TlU1SY.png

0jsy0wz.png

The image can then be manipulated the same way as if it were inserted by link.

fu9Jsmf.png

As always, we welcome your feedback on this new feature.

Why do some uploads fail?

Even jpegs under 500kb have failed for me.

GHG

Gold Member
Noticed this myself as well today.

EviLore EviLore this is the error that appears in the console when attempting to upload to pass on to the dev team:

chrome-no-IIPz-CWCk.png

Top Bottom