• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo Infinite Images reveal Enemies & Craig's new look

ManaByte

Gold Member
haloinfinite_brutecloseup-4k-ddc79b7e0aa246f6860393aaf69f5e78.png

Draugoth

Gold Member
From the lastest Halo Infinite Community Update:

Welcome to our latest installment of Inside Infinite – our monthly blog series devoted to celebrating some of the tremendous work happening to bring Halo Infinite to life. So much has happened since we kicked this off back in December and we’re so grateful to have you with us on this journey. We’ve covered a lot of ground together over the past 9 months digging into Halo Infinite’s development and getting to know some of the talented people across the team. We’re super eager to be in the final stretch now, with our December 8 launch quickly approaching, but there are still stories to be told.

This month we’re excited to welcome members of the UXUI and Character Teams to share insights about their work on Halo Infinite. But, before we jump into that, if you haven’t yet seen the recently released Campaign Overview video, you should stop what you’re doing and give it a watch!
haloinfinite_marines-sm-14f937f03a734218a8c48383c99f686b.jpg
haloinfinite_tovarus-sm-ce5584935c1841c7865fe34ad8dbfc08.jpg

haloinfinite_elite-sm-67a4dd1a4b7d4884a5439fc81f616779.jpg
haloinfinite_brute-sm-1f1a5000416e41508ee6014346ddf521.jpg

haloinfinite_brutecloseup-sm-7584cbfaf0a746218e52e100967e5bba.jpg
haloinfinite_pilot-sm-2ebe02a057144f70a0a96af61eacf372.jpg

haloinfinite_jackals-sm-262dafdc519841d38910746856bb8487.jpg
haloinfinite_gruntmule-sm-01ef5a91217f4b9f9715fd7f6b062a50.jpg

haloinfinite_jega-sm-c58c0e8673f14b04a4e0e8b699427d75.jpg
haloinfinite_skimmer-sm-018b33ea2d7046419a8480d706cd2107.jpg

haloinfinite_grunts-sm-6993e0c016be458d80c6e6293345ba0e.jpg
haloinfinitegameplay10_sm-9f5749fe5e5647ee9e0dd2394c3c3f53.jpg

And speaking of Brutes, we have to ask – how’s Craig doing? Up until this week's Campaign Overview video, it’s been a long time since we’ve seen or heard from him. We see he’s received quite the glow-up since last July. What are some of the key areas the team has been working on since last year’s demo?

SD
: Haha, the team has sort of a love-hate relationship with Craig. While it was fun to see the community gravitate towards Craig, he unfortunately represented some content and systems that were not ready for prime time in that demo. The positive outcome of Craig was that he was one of the factors in gaining some more time to finish work and get Brutes to a place where the team is happy with them. This is one of the many positive examples of 343 working with and aligning with the Halo community around expectations. Players who look hard enough will still be able to find some evidence of Craig in Halo Infinite, his spirit lives on!

BR: Craig is in good hands, trust me! He has gone through some changes, but I am here to say that he has glammed up. He is feeling very good about himself and has fit back in well with the rest of his Brute friends. He has also picked up a new hobby and has done well for himself. Long live Craig!

Kacho

And speaking of Brutes, we have to ask – how’s Craig doing? Up until this week's Campaign Overview video, it’s been a long time since we’ve seen or heard from him. We see he’s received quite the glow-up since last July. What are some of the key areas the team has been working on since last year’s demo?

SD
: Haha, the team has sort of a love-hate relationship with Craig. While it was fun to see the community gravitate towards Craig, he unfortunately represented some content and systems that were not ready for prime time in that demo. The positive outcome of Craig was that he was one of the factors in gaining some more time to finish work and get Brutes to a place where the team is happy with them. This is one of the many positive examples of 343 working with and aligning with the Halo community around expectations. Players who look hard enough will still be able to find some evidence of Craig in Halo Infinite, his spirit lives on!

BR: Craig is in good hands, trust me! He has gone through some changes, but I am here to say that he has glammed up. He is feeling very good about himself and has fit back in well with the rest of his Brute friends. He has also picked up a new hobby and has done well for himself. Long live Craig!

😂

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Man I just now realized they released a new campaign video.

WTF? I missed that.

Looks great to me.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Noo, they fucking ruined it. Should have kept him untouched.

Fuck now I am sad, it was such a good time.

:messenger_pensive:

clarky

Gold Member
I don’t get why they’re saying Craig was not ready for prime time. The game was not far from release at that point. Were they gonna finish him in post or something
What don't you get the whole game was clearly not ready for release.

They say in the blog, it was partially the Craig meme that bought them more time with MS to finish up.

Varteras

Gold Member
I'm glad they can laugh at themselves for the whole "Craig" situation. That said, it still blows my mind that the powers that be thought that game was not only good enough to show in that state but they were wanting to release it that year. That it took that much backlash from the gaming community to realize it all. Still, the year delay clearly did a fair amount of good for the game and it will be much better off now than trying to force it out for the sake of having a launch title from a big franchise. I liked what I saw from the multiplayer. At least on the bigger outdoor maps. I might pick up a Series X sometime next year if Infinite is really good. I could play it on PC but I've never been a fan of competitive multiplayer shooters on PC. Plus, it just doesn't feel right to me playing Halo on anything other than an Xbox. I have TMCC on Steam but it just feels off to me.

I'm glad they can laugh at themselves for the whole "Craig" situation. That said, it still blows my mind that the powers that be thought that game was not only good enough to show in that state but they were wanting to release it that year. That it took that much backlash from the gaming community to realize it all. Still, the year delay clearly did a fair amount of good for the game and it will be much better off now than trying to force it out for the sake of having a launch title from a big franchise. I liked what I saw from the multiplayer. At least on the bigger outdoor maps. I might pick up a Series X sometime next year if Infinite is really good. I could play it on PC but I've never been a fan of competitive multiplayer shooters on PC. Plus, it just doesn't feel right to me playing Halo on anything other than an Xbox. I have TMCC on Steam but it just feels off to me.

Yeah, honestly last year's showing of Halo was one of the worst I've ever seen for a project of such importance, and it boggles the mind that someone like Phil Spencer could give the green light on not only revealing it in such a way, but also announcing a release date in just a few short months.

Luckily the extra year appears to have done a lot of good - I was quite happy with how the latest presentation looked. Gameplay still seems fairly old-school and nothing too groundbreaking, but it does seem to bring back the sandboxy nature that made Halo 1 very fun back in the day. Cautiously optimistic it will at least turn out to be a competent entry in the series even if it's not really the re-imagining the series truly deserves at this point.

Jack Uzi

Banned
What don't you get the whole game was clearly not ready for release.

They say in the blog, it was partially the Craig meme that bought them more time with MS to finish up.
Bruh they had a release date for it before the meme kicked them into delay town. They were going to launch the game as you saw it. It not being ready for release is something people would have said with or without Craig. It looked dookie and still doesn’t look super great. Just a bit better than before.

Stuart360

Bruh they had a release date for it before the meme kicked them into delay town. They were going to launch the game as you saw it. It not being ready for release is something people would have said with or without Craig. It looked dookie and still doesn’t look super great. Just a bit better than before.
It was always getting delayed imo, Craig was just the final nail.

It was obvious when that dev went on Twitter and basically said it took them 2 weeks to cobble together the reveal trailer, and that was like 3 months from launch or something lol.

clarky

Gold Member
Erm Thats what I said? well apart from just a bit better than before, it looks far far better than before.

Ironically the Sony fan boys meme'ing the shit out of Craig and ragging on that demo singlehandedly saved Halo.

Top Bottom