• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo blog post addresses graphics

I imagine people aren't giving you the benefit of the doubt because you practically ran from thread to thread defending TLOU2, which is whatever I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But then you started downplaying the negative opinions people had of the game as "confirmation bias". So you should probably look in the mirror and reflect a bit before wanting people to jump off a cliff because they said your opinion is meaningless.

As it stands, these posts make you look like quite the hypocrite.

Didn't know angry Joe posted here. His opinions were terrible not because he disagreed with me but because they were bad opinions with bad reasoning behind them. I'm not doing anything hypocritical here and this tenuous link you're creating is pretty interesting but also par for the course when it comes to console warriors you can't be happy with the new last of us and disappointed with the new Halo at the same time without being a console warrior in the eyes of people who spend more time projecting than looking in a mirror.

like I'm starting to slowly realize what your problem is here you think I'm saying that people's opinions are some form of confirmation bias when actually what I'm arguing is that people's opinions of last of us should stand on their own without the need of a charlatan like angry Joe and his terrible arguments to back them up.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Didn't know angry Joe posted here. His opinions were terrible not because he disagreed with me but because they were bad opinions with bad reasoning behind them. I'm not doing anything hypocritical here and this tenuous link you're creating is pretty interesting but also par for the course when it comes to console warriors you can't be happy with the new last of us and disappointed with the new Halo at the same time without being a console warrior in the eyes of people who spend more time projecting than looking in a mirror.
I liked TLOU2 you fool 😂

I don't have a horse in this stupid console war you're engaged in, but thanks for proving my point. You're such a massive, delusional hypocrite that you can't even take a step back and realize you're telling people to jump off cliffs for doing the EXACT same shit you've been guilty of.

Last edited:
I liked TLOU2 you fool 😂
Yeah you aren't engaging the argument. It doesn't really matter what you thought of the game what matter is is your absolutely abysmal reading comprehension. The only person's opinion I was discounting was angry Joe's, and my posts were a plea for even people who agree with him to not use him to prop up their own arguments because it would hurt them more than help them.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah you aren't engaging the argument. It doesn't really matter what you thought of the game what matter is is your absolutely abysmal reading comprehension. The only person's opinion I was discounting was angry Joe's, and my posts were a plea for even people who agree with him to not use him to prop up their own arguments because it would hurt them more than help them.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a fucking autist, but in the very thread I linked you specifically labeled the opinions of anyone agreeing with Joe as confirmation bias. But sure keep feigning ignorance. I'm done dude, talking to you is like arguing with a brick wall.

Have an A1 day

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a fucking autist, but in the very thread I linked you specifically labeled the opinions of anyone agreeing with Joe as confirmation bias. But sure keep feigning ignorance. I'm done dude, talking to you is like arguing with a brick wall.
Yeah you don't know what confirmation bias means. Confirmation bias means that you're using Joe as proof your theories are correct when really all you need are your opinions because that's all they are are opinions. confirmation bias has no bearing on whether or not you are correct to feel the way you do it has to do with you searching for other sources of validity beyond your own voice. you probably should be done talking to me though I'm apparently much more well versed in the English language than you and things would probably just keep spiraling like this.

I appreciate the transparency about it all, and the humor. Honestly, seems like they handled the criticism well.

The bottom line is they're going to be working on this game for years after release, so I expect lots of patches and updates. It'll probably get better over time. Hopefully the gameplay is good, and the technical issues can be touched up later.

GreenAlien

In fact at this stage in development you would expect the presentational elements to need more polish.
If other AAA games and what we are shown pre release are anything to go by, this should be the stage were they downgrade the graphics to make it run on the target system..

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
I think that Ray Tracing will fix most of the issues people have been complaining about. Very excited to have such an offering for a launch, you don't this often.

MilkyJoe

I thought it looked OK, the biggest take away I had was that the aliens looked like they had had substance today them, like they are actually there, if that makes sense

FireFly

If other AAA games and what we are shown pre release are anything to go by, this should be the stage were they downgrade the graphics to make it run on the target system..
I'm not sure that applies in the case where a game is developed for a previous generation system and then transferred over to a next generation system. In theory there should be a lot of unexploited potential in the RDNA architecture since it is so new.

In any case, the main improvements I was talking about are presentational – tweaking the particles, shader effects, hit animations and sounds, LOD fadeouts, and so on. It would be strange to deny that 343 are looking at these kinds of elements when the linked blog post all but confirms that they are.

The Unforeseen

Neo Member
Timdog, Dealer, and Colteastwood.

In fairness, while they have been damage controlling the whole event for the most part (which in some aspects is fair enough as its subjective to a degree), from what I have heard them say, they seem to be quite negative on Halo and admitting its poor showing graphically.

Thaedolus

I think that Ray Tracing will fix most of the issues people have been complaining about. Very excited to have such an offering for a launch, you don't this often.

Ray tracing can’t fix some of the bullshit models and textures. I think this looks like a fun take on Halo and I’m excited to play it, but they really whiffed on the graphical side of things, and no lighting engine is going to fix the models’ issues

cireza

Banned
Ray tracing can’t fix some of the bullshit models and textures. I think this looks like a fun take on Halo and I’m excited to play it, but they really whiffed on the graphical side of things, and no lighting engine is going to fix the models’ issues
Rather than pretending I know it all right now, I am going to wait and see the final result instead.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm a little disheartened to see they didn't reference the scope of the game as part of the reason why the graphics looked unimpressive. If they said something like "The size and scale of our battles forced us to make choices that effected visually fidelity..." Though, because the game has to run on a 2013 XBox, I guess I should have known better...

Sushen

Ray tracing won't turn static foliage into animating. The demo had no trees nor grass animating at all.

We will see. People can wait for the ray tracing patch if they want as well, I don't see a problem here.

vx8FjLr.jpg

magaman

Banned
It sure does, especially being so invested in seeing a game get a “low” score that you want to try betting people to close their accounts lol.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Metacritic needs to die.

It sure doesn't, especially with you being so blindly invested in your "point" that you want to close down an entire review aggregation website lol.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Bar81

I'm not the only one noticing lots of discrepancies where it's actually looking less feature-rich than prior entries. He gets into the explosions, the enemy reactions to explosions, the muzzle flash reflections, etc. All this stuff matters for how good a game can feel, for immersion, otherwise it wouldn't have been featured in... every other Halo.

It's a good video; he knows what he's talking about. The art direction is shit - like someone said above, who are the idiots who didn't like the amazing Halo 4/5 art style - but the real problem is that even if you like the cheesy ass OG Xbox art style the game still looks like shit (I'm replaying Halo 4 on the XB1X in 4K atm and it looks miles better than the garbage that we saw in the HI reveal video). It was really helpful in the video that he focused in on all those "little" things that bring a game to life as well as big things like who the fuck has a grenade stuck on them and just keeps on truckin like nothing new today... Apparently, dudes in Halo Infinite.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I am a big halo fan and didn’t mind the changes in the artistic department for 4 and 5.
The hardcore halo community despised the changes.
They wanted halo to come back to the origins.
I hope they are happy because the rest of the world isn’t.
I’ll play it because I love Halo but that’s it.

Im with you, I love Halo, probably my best game series. I didnt mind so much Halo 4 and 5 art direction, theres other issues of corse but I accepted the game had to evolve. Now they gone for the classic looks but dun goofed so far. Im trying to keep positive about the final release but not getting my hopes up. I have no doubt that when they are told to cut off the original xbox one there will be a graphics update of some kind, the game we want is a few years away still.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I am a big halo fan and didn’t mind the changes in the artistic department for 4 and 5.
The hardcore halo community despised the changes.
They wanted halo to come back to the origins.
I hope they are happy because the rest of the world isn’t.
I’ll play it because I love Halo but that’s it.

The original teasers show how you can go back to the classic style and still be a cutting edge game. This isn't the fault of the fans or the art-style. It's a sub-par implementation.

Top Bottom