• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for September 2022: Gods Will Fall, Double Kick Heroes, Thrillville, and Portal

Draugoth

Gold Member
FbauBdTWQAQwYMV

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/08/30/new-games-with-gold-for-september-2022/

It's time to announce the September Games with Gold lineup! On the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, take up the battle to find out if Gods Will Fall and rock the post-apocalyptic freeway in Double Kick Heroes. And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, design your own amusement park in Thrillville and twist the laws of physics in the mind-bending classic, Portal 2.

Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to over 100 high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

Last edited:
I'm actually into all 4 slightly. That's just bizarre for GwG ....

DKH is fine. I wasn't crazy about it on GP but might as well get it for free.
Thrillville is on my wishlist.
Portal 2 on my wishlist.
The other game is an action RPG so I'll try it for 5 minutes.

Nothing crazy, but not the usual steaming pile of toxic waste I've come to expect.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Games with Gold is still a thing?

harry potter GIF

Shame. First person game running at 30fps is even more unbearable than 3rd person game running at 30fps.

It's a prime candidate for FPS boost.

Hell, there are so many 360 games that will do awesome with FPS boost even without resolution boosts. The 360/PS3 gen was the worst in terms of performance in games.

Last edited:

SomeGit

Portal collection, free Portal 2, portal updates for deck and a new free portal theme tech demo, this means there a new Portal around the corner, right?

R-right?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I thought they said they were no longer going to have 360 games as part of the monthly Gold. Still, Portal 2 is amazing and I don't have it for the Xbox so I'll at least pick that one up.

Banned
Portal 2 has One X enhancements so it runs at 4K but at 30 FPS.

and to this day I'm stunned it never got a 60fps patch or FPS boost...

in the case of Portal 2 it literally couldn't be easier to unlock the framerate to any arbitrary number. Source Engine is very good at that.

I bet, without looking it up, there's a fan made mod for jailbroken 360s out there to unlock the framerate

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Which is fkin typical as it's never been on a proper sale and I bought it last week..

Every fkin time this happens!!

If you haven't put in a lot of time in it, you can ask it to be refunded.

They are extremely lenient about refunding digital stuff even if you've downloaded and put in a little bit of time in it.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
If you haven't put in a lot of time in it, you can ask it to be refunded.

They are extremely lenient about refunding digital stuff even if you've downloaded and put in a little bit of time in it.
I've probably had around fives hours so they'll no doubt decline, it doesnt matter though I'll just take it on the chin, as always :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Buy Portal 1 next month please 🙌👏
I would, just for you! But I seemed to already have it in my library for some reason. Must have been a game with gold ages ago..

..Or my dementias got worse, I think 👀

Orbital2060

Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79 yeah it was

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not the worst selection, but it's sad to see the Xbox 360 / BC games dropping off the program after next month.

Top Bottom