• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for July 2022

Draugoth

Gold Member
34tBhqNI

It’s time to announce the July Games with Gold lineup! On the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, capture photos of the wondrous Beasts of Maravilla Island, and survive being stranded on a desolate moon base in Relicta. And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, build and ride rollercoasters in Thrillville: Off the Rails, and roam dangerous dungeons in Torchlight.

Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to over 100 high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

• Beasts of Maravilla Island ($9.99 ERP): Available July 1 to 31
  • Relicta ($19.99 ERP): Available July 16 to August 15
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails ($9.99 ERP): Available July 1 to 15
  • Torchlight ($14.99 ERP): Available July 16 to 31

• Thrillville has been on my wishlist for a while, so that's better than nothing I guess.
  • Torchlight is decent but I already have it.
  • Relectica, not even lying - it's on my wishlist. I have zero expectation that it'll be good, but it looked decent enough to try at a steep discount. Guess I can try it now.
  • Beasts of Marvalla is indie Pokemon Snap? I guess I'll try it.

I've honestly seen worse months than this. I give it a D+.

Banjo64

cumsessed

It’s time to announce the July Games with Gold lineup! On the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, capture photos of the wondrous Beasts of Maravilla Island, and survive being stranded on a desolate moon base in Relicta. And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, build and ride rollercoasters in Thrillville: Off the Rails, and roam dangerous dungeons in Torchlight.

CeeJay

Just discontinue GWG, you can avoid the hassle you get each month on social media.

On the plus side, maybe I should finally play through torchlight, does it hold up?
Games with Gold is something required to justify the monthly cost. It may also be that they would be in breach of contract by removing a feature that people have paid upfront for, fine if they are adding value, different story if they take it away. It probably costs them next to nothing to include the shovelware and ancient games that they do, at this point it feels like GwG is getting Gamepasses rejects which in itself is (incorrectly) seen as a shovelware platform.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Torchlight is nice, but as always the games for gold play second fiddle to game pass.

These are the games coming in July and they haven't even announced a full lineup yet

graywolf323

Gold Member
Xbox's Games with Gold now looks even worse in comparison since PS+ has been updated yet we're still getting pretty good quality from PS+ Essentials

Yeah, we all know that Game Pass is good but this is a separate thread to discuss the dismal Gold offerings. Thanks for sharing though.
it makes more sense if you view adamsapple as a GamePass evangelist :messenger_winking_tongue:

"have you heard the good word of GamePass from our Lord and Savior Phil Spencer?"

I mean I like GamePass but some people take it to a level approaching religious fanaticism

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Torchlight is nice but MS just oughta close this program and add these games to the game pass announcements since that's what people look forward to anyway.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Xbox's Games with Gold now looks even worse in comparison since PS+ has been updated yet we're still getting pretty good quality from PS+ Essentials

it makes more sense if you view adamsapple as a GamePass evangelist :messenger_winking_tongue:

"have you heard the good word of GamePass from our Lord and Savior Phil Spencer?"

I mean I like GamePass but some people take it to a level approaching religious fanaticism
Someone raising the Xbox ambassador programme thing has really made me open my eyes.

It just reeks of distain , recycling previous offerings in particular which has happened before and now with Torchlight.

I fully get the Gamepass appeal, the contempt for regular Xbox Live members tho is blatant. It won’t change unless there is a substantial decrease in subs and so many on social media think the sun shines out of their arse anyway it’s a waste of time saying in response to their tweets.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It just reeks of distain , recycling previous offerings in particular which has happened before and now with Torchlight.

I fully get the Gamepass appeal, the contempt for regular Xbox Live members tho is blatant. It won’t change unless there is a substantial decrease in subs and so many on social media think the sun shines out of their arse anyway it’s a waste of time saying in response to their tweets.
They could just scrap Gold in its current incarnation and instead give Gold subscribers access to a smaller library of games (similar to the PS Plus Collection).

If they simply gave you access to all of their first party games from the Xbox, 360 and Xbox One that’d probably be worth the £40 odd a year.

They could just scrap Gold in its current incarnation and instead give Gold subscribers access to a smaller library of games (similar to the PS Plus Collection).

If they simply gave you access to all of their first party games from the Xbox, 360 and Xbox One that’d probably be worth the £40 odd a year.

I like your thinking 👍

jorgejjvr

Gold Member

yep, they need to kill gold, and get more creative with something else

I like this idea

graywolf323

Gold Member

not a bad idea but they'll never do that since Xbox obviously wants people to switch to Game Pass Ultimate so anything they do to make Gold more appealing by itself actually goes against that

Ezekiel_

Banned
You'd think that with all the different 1$ deals going on, MS would just convert every Gold sub to GPU automatically and call it a day. MS wanted to double the price of Gold anyway.

They could boast about having 35 million subscribers and if someone doesn't want to pay extra for the 'regular' price once their sub expires, they can move their business elsewhere or wait for more deals.

S0ULZB0URNE

Just discontinue GWG, you can avoid the hassle you get each month on social media.

On the plus side, maybe I should finally play through torchlight, does it hold up?
I don't want GP and us Gold subscribers greatly outnumber the GP subscribers.

So what about us?

Top Bottom