• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Plus Expo, brand new digital showcase (featuring Sega, Koei Tecmo, and more) to broadcast on Twitch in June

5ZgF3XoMM8veTa5eGUxDPA-650-80.jpg.webp

New Game Plus Expo, a brand new digital showcase of upcoming games from publishers such as Sega, Koei Tecmo, and more, has been announced today.

The show will be broadcast live on Twitch on June 23 at 8AM PT / 11AM ET / 4PM BST, with a live broadcast then running from 9AM PT to 4PM PT / 12PM to 7PM ET / 5PM to 12AM BST, promising game reveals, first look gameplay demos, developer interviews, and more. That's a lot of gaming news, so naturally, you'll want to pencil the date in your diary.

The publishers who will be showcasing their upcoming games in New Game Plus Expo include:

• Acttil
  • Aksys Games
  • Arc System Works America
  • GungHo America
  • Idea Factory International
  • Inti Creates
  • Koei Tecmo America
  • Natsume Inc.
  • NIS America, Inc.
  • Playsim
  • Sega of America
  • SNK Corporation
  • Spike Chunsoft, Inc.
  • WayForward

Adam Johnson, producer of NGPX said in a press release: "New Game+ Expo is a grassroots coalition of publishers and developers. Organizing together for the first time, we hope fans have fun as we take a look at the combined upcoming lineup of games for 2020 and beyond!"

Ian Curran, Sega of America president and COO, also said: “COVID-19 has brought with it many challenges, but also an opportunity to come together as a bold collective of publishers.

———————————-

update June 16

New Game+ Expo released a teaser

New Game+ Expo trailer teases ‘upcoming releases, exciting announcements, and plenty of surprises’

New Game+ Expo has released a trailer teasing what to expect when the showcase airs via Twitch on June 23 at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET.

The presentation will feature the following:

• Upcoming Releases from GungHo Online Entertainment America, Idea Factory International, Koei Tecmo America, and Sega / Atlus.
  • Exciting Announcements from Inti Creates, Aksys Games, Natsume, NIS America, and Playism.
  • Plenty of Surprises from Acttil, Arc System Works America, SNK Corporation, Spike Chunsoft, and WayForward.

Last edited:

Manji Uzuki

I wouldn't expect anything too crazy to be announced there but hopefully we can get some few nice surprises.

I love Persona but If Atlus show us Persona 6 before give us some god damn info on SMTV, I actually going get really angry!

I think they forgot about what's SMT to be honest :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Moogle11

Banned
I think they forgot about what's SMT to be honest :messenger_grinning_sweat:

My guess is that the SMT team is just struggling with the move from 280p 3DS games to HD Switch games.

That was always going to be an issue with these former handheld game studios as they were smaller and making lower budget games that sold for $40 and many renchosws just don’t sell enough copies to ramp up team size as much as needed to get HD games out on a similar development timeline.

NahaNago

My guess is that the SMT team is just struggling with the move from 280p 3DS games to HD Switch games.

That was always going to be an issue with these former handheld game studios as they were smaller and making lower budget games that sold for $40 and many renchosws just don’t sell enough copies to ramp up team size as much as needed to get HD games out on a similar development timeline.

But they have also released that weird jpop idol persona game and persona so they should have some decent experience with hd-ish development.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
maybe they are struggling to work with UE, since Atlus never made a game using that UE. If thats the case then Sega should let them use Hedgehog Engine 2, Sakura Wars looked really good.
But they have also released that weird jpop idol persona game and persona so they should have some decent experience with hd-ish development.
You mean Tokyo Mirage Session!? By the way, really good game.

Manji Uzuki

It could be that but I imagine that they are reusing lot of stuff done for Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Persona 5 for this game. Maybe they are even sharing part of the team with the one that developed those games. That should speed-up things a bit

NahaNago

maybe they are struggling to work with UE, since Atlus never made a game using that UE. If thats the case then Sega should let them use Hedgehog Engine 2, Sakura Wars looked really good.

You mean Tokyo Mirage Session!? By the way, really good game.

It's weird, I've bought that game twice by accident for the wii u and still haven't played it.

Danjin44

It could be that but I imagine that they are reusing lot of stuff done for Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Persona 5 for this game. Maybe they are even sharing part of the team with the one that developed those games. That should speed-up things a bit
But using what exactly? TMS didn't have demons like Persona 5 did and its entire visual designs is very different than both SMT and Persona, also SMT will be using UE while Persona 5 was developed in their custom made engine.

It's weird, I've bought that game twice by accident for the wii u and still haven't played it.
Give a try, you might not like the "idol" part but the game has very fun combat system and progression.

Manji Uzuki

But using what exactly? TMS didn't have demons like Persona 5 did and its entire visual designs is very different than both SMT and Persona, also SMT will be using UE while Persona 5 was developed in their custom made engine

Yeah that's a good question that makes me wonder why changing engine so often. Still from Persona they should be able to reuse assets at least for the demons. From TMS i'm not so sure as I haven't played it yet (I probably should!) but it should have been useful to get some experiencie with HD games. I mean Encore is even in the same system

Danjin44

Yeah that's a good question that makes me wonder why changing engine so often. Still from Persona they should be able to reuse assets at least for the demons. From TMS i'm not so sure as I haven't played it yet (I probably should!) but it should have been useful to get some experiencie with HD games. I mean Encore is even in the same system
I think their struggle isn't just about HD but also working with UE engine, back in 360/PS3 era lot of Japanese developers struggled with UE engine and Atlus one of the few developers who came very late making games for HD consoles.

New Game+ Expo released a teaser

New Game+ Expo trailer teases ‘upcoming releases, exciting announcements, and plenty of surprises’

New Game+ Expo has released a trailer teasing what to expect when the showcase airs via Twitch on June 23 at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET.

The presentation will feature the following:

• Upcoming Releases from GungHo Online Entertainment America, Idea Factory International, Koei Tecmo America, and Sega / Atlus.
  • Exciting Announcements from Inti Creates, Aksys Games, Natsume, NIS America, and Playism.
  • Plenty of Surprises from Acttil, Arc System Works America, SNK Corporation, Spike Chunsoft, and WayForward.

Last edited:
Top Bottom