• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Pass Games for Mid May 2022 : Jurassic World Evolution 2, Sniper Elite 5, Farming Simulator 22 and More

reksveks

No snark, but I just don't get games like Danganronpa. I think I'm open to any kind of game, but I totally zoned out at least 5 times during the seemingly neverending introduction.
It's the weirdness that I enjoy as well as the cut scenes. The twists aren't too crazy but still enjoyable.

I can see it being too slow though.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Putting games on Game Pass doesn't need the acquisition to be finalized.
Like leasing the car you are currently trying to buy while negotiating. I'm not familiar with the financials here, but it would be silly to burn money like that wouldn't it?

tommib

In for Sniper Elite 5 day 1 Baybee !
Sniper Elite 4 is a masterpiece for what it’s doing. Amazing maps, dozens of ways to solve them, and the slow-motion carnage never gets old. It made me think how last of us could benefit from really big maps. I’m sure Elite 5 is going to kick ass.

Also, all gameplay and no bullshit cutscenes. Just sandboxes to have fun in. Finishing any mission is always exhilarating.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
In The Nuts Baseball GIF
i have a scary feeling you probably have done that :messenger_sad_relieved:

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Like leasing the car you are currently trying to buy while negotiating. I'm not familiar with the financials here, but it would be silly to burn money like that wouldn't it?

Not necessarily, Activision are all in for the acquisition. It could be a simple gesture of "here you go fuckers, some games" owing to them suddenly losing two big first party titles.

Ew, not so great after reading that PS+ list yesterday

I cry about Microsoft. A lot.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Not necessarily, Activision are all in for the acquisition. It could be a simple gesture of "here you go fuckers, some games" owing to them suddenly losing two big first party titles.
I understand the motivation. That's not the problem. There is a financial implication and it doesn't matter if the deal is 5 seconds away from closing, MS will have to pay to get those games and they won't necessarily recoup that cost immediately.

adamsapple

I understand the motivation. That's not the problem. There is a financial implication and it doesn't matter if the deal is 5 seconds away from closing, MS will have to pay to get those games and they won't necessarily recoup that cost immediately.

The deal doesn't seem like it's going to close any time soon either, so there's nothing to lose on MS's part.

But that's just one idea. Potentially anything can be announced, maybe Ubi+ becomes a part of game pass like EA Play.

sircaw

Banned
The worst Baseball hit I ever received was throwing batting practice to Cecil Fielder and he hit a rocket into my side that broke a couple of ribs, and yes I thought I was going to die right there on the field :)
i remember as a teenager playing a senior school cricket game, there was this bowler who used to represent his province, he was like age 17, he was like 6 foot six ffs. The chap was bowling like 80 miles an hour. i remember having about half a dozen red marks all over my chest and sides from his opening barrage.

I had bruising for months.

Now, if i am not mistaken, baseball guys can throw a ball like 100 miles plus, that is terrifying haha.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Havent renewed gamepass, and honestly don't see anything yet that makes me want to. I might be switching subs between PSnow and Gamepass depending on offerings. JP2 looks good...

What happened to the best deal in gaming? The updates have been so meager lately.

Almost nothing of value month after month.
I just beat Citizen Sleeper and it's the top 5 for me for GOTY. Saved $20 on just that alone. Not to mention it's an unusual game, and not necessarily a genre I would have tried immediately. If you don't like it, don't sub. But there's lots of stuff of value. Day one on Sniper Elite - just that one game, is $60 saved, or the equivalent of full price GP for 4 months. Trek to Yomi is $20, and I would have for sure gotten that. I can keep going really. That's $100 saved from just 3 games out of the month.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Ew, not so great after reading that PS+ list yesterday
Looks at tag..

yeah that list for Sonys new service was pretty great.... For new people to playstation. But what about those that have played all of those games already?

Listen, I'm not saying that this month for gamepass is great though. Because for me it ain't. Just a bit tiring seeing the same sony warriors poppig up in every xbox thread.

Here I was thinking the PS gamers had too much to play.

AllBizness

Banned
Looks at tag..

yeah that list for Sonys new service was pretty great.... For new people to playstation. But what about those that have played all of those games already?

Listen, I'm not saying that this month for gamepass is great though. Because for me it ain't. Just a bit tiring seeing the same sony warriors poppig up in every xbox thread.

Here I was thinking the PS gamers had too much to play.
This will work out well for Sony as many dont have a PS5 yet and will save a ton of cash subscribing to the service when they finally get a PS5

j0hnnix

My hypocrisy has no limits. Lol.. Slickdeals came up yesterday with a good deal for 3 months from online company starts with letter E, purchased 9, I'm now set until 2025 for 80 bucks. Couldn't pass it up. Now need to see if I get lucky with Sony deal before December.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
Actually saw this while browsing earlier.

People, play Vampire Survivors. Maybe even support them if you liked the game. It’s like $3.

Sniper elite is the type of game that I would never buy but I played the last part and absolutely loved it so this day 1 for me is absolutely amazing this is why value of gp just can't be beat ,

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Great month. So much stuff I wanted to play but not enough to buy it. Shipbreaker looks like awesome chore-core.

Last edited:

skit_data

Jurassic World Evolution 2 for Gamepass is definitely a good one, it’s of those games I’ll buy on PS5 but it’s still a little too expensive.

Reactions: Isa

Arcadialane

Having a surprising amount of fun with farming simulator. That's what I like about gamepass, there is no way I would ever gone near something like this otherwise

Last edited:

Relique

Having a surprising amount of fun with farming simulator. That's what I like about gamepass, there is no way I would ever gone near something like this otherwise
I agree with you. I've been trying way more stuff than I usually would and have been pleasantly surprised. Nothing from this month due to lack of time but last month I tried Citizen Sleeper on a whim and ended up finishing it in a single sitting. What a gem of a game.

BlueHawk

Neo Member
So I paid £105 for 3 years worth of Gamepass.

5 months into this year alone I have played:
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (£24)
Rainbow Six Extraction (£45)
Guardians Of The Galaxy (£60)
Tunic (£25)
Life Is Strange True Color (£50)
Lost in Random (£25)
Bugsnax (won’t bother with price, played free PS5)
Jurassic World Evo 2 (£35)

So 105-264= saved £159 in 5 months and still have 2 years, 7 months left. This doesn’t even factor in the value from the games accessible that was released before hand like Forza Horizon 5, etc. Even in a bad time period of no AAA-exclusives, it’s still incredibly crazy value.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Tunic (£25)
Lost in Random (£25)

So 105-264= saved £159 in 5 months and still have 2 years, 7 months left. This doesn’t even factor in the value from the games accessible that was released before hand like Forza Horizon 5, etc. Even in a bad time period of no AAA-exclusives, it’s still incredibly crazy value.
Best deal in gaming by far

Vognerful

Quick question about her story, how do you solve the case? or is it just a collection of videos to watch and just understand what happened?

TVexperto

Tunic (£25)
Lost in Random (£25)

so you cheated the system and only paid 105?

anthony2690

Banned

Tunic (£25)
Lost in Random (£25)

Sniper elite 5, I am pretty excited for after watching some gameplay!
Don't forget hitman trilogy this year too!
Hitman 3 is incredible!

I am starting to think some people just don't like games that much, or just enjoy complaining for the sake off it.

Edit: re-read and saw you put games you played haha

Sorry! But definitely check out the two games I mentioned regardless haha :)

Last edited:

tommib

Quick question about her story, how do you solve the case? or is it just a collection of videos to watch and just understand what happened?
You need to catalogue and label them. Eventually things start to link and some interesting things happen during the viewing. ;)

It’s a long game with a lot of “project management”.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

Not to be negative, but this lineup is extremely lukewarm. When they released Guardians of the Galaxy, LiS: True Colors, and MLB: The Show, I was really impressed and wish they kept that kind of momentum. This lineup just feels like filler. I also don't like how the games are split between platforms. I use GP on PC, so I miss out on stuff like MLB: The Show and don't have fast/stable enough data or internet for cloud streaming. I really hope MS gets it together because they can't rely on feeding gamers crumbs. I am thankful for them releasing their titles on PC, but since they rarely have exclusives, what's the point. I know people hate EPIC, but I am finding their store a lot more economical since they have a ton of sales, coupons, and free games they hand out. They are handing out free AAA games right now actually. JWE2 may be the only game that somewhat interest me.

adamsapple

Tunic (£25)
Lost in Random (£25)

Amen brother. My current GP is topped till 2025 using CDKeys, 3 years around $100~. I've already played enough new games to overlap it a few times over by now, not even talking about the near endless back catalog.

Best deal in gaming by far

The Office Reaction GIF

The later, there's no "The end" kind of scenario, you keep watching the videos and piece them in order till you've figured out the mystery, or have your best understanding of it.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Tunic (£25)
Lost in Random (£25)

Mass Effect Legendary Edition was so fucking good with all the DLC includes and improvements to ME1 in place. I just played through them. The trilogy was so ambitious in retrospect.

adamsapple

Mass Effect Legendary Edition was so fucking good with all the DLC includes and improvements to ME1 in place. I just played through them. The trilogy was so ambitious in retrospect.

ME1's remastering is also incredibly well done. It doesn't lose anything in it's identity. The environment changes in Eden Prime were done for the better IMO.

It's incredible that a modern version of the trilogy that looks and runs amazingly well is now available for archiving.

Last edited:
Top Bottom