• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Feature Announcement: Search Options

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Today we are rolling out a new NeoGAF feature, search options.

SWIORSA.png

You can set your search options on the account settings page.

Search options allow you to choose how you would like the site's quick search functionality to work, choosing between the Default (by relevance) or Most Recent items (chronologically). This update should be live in everyone's account now.

Thank you to IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo for making the suggestion. We'll monitor this thread for feedback on how well this works and if there are any other improvements you would like to see in this area.

Michele

you.
Finally! Now I can search without having to go to Advanced Search each time.

Thanks for this quality of life change!!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
FINALLY!!!!!:messenger_ok:

But i have to say it's broken.

Example: Search for "resident evil 2" and the search result doesn't show you the results for resident evil 2 remake with all the threads that are created. Before the maintenance of Sunday the search results were fine but not now. This happens by searching by relevance or by date, doesn't change.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
FINALLY!!!!!:messenger_ok:

But i have to say it's broken.

Example: Search for "resident evil 2" and the search result doesn't show you the results for resident evil 2 remake with all the threads that are created. Before the maintenance of Sunday the search results were fine but not now. This happens by searching by relevance or by date, doesn't change.
It’s working for me, kind of. I tried “Red dead redemption” and it gave me 1 recent thread at the top and then the rest were chronologically listed going back, like it should. Except they were all from 2011 and before.

Tried the same with “Resident Evil 2” and the exact same thing happened. First example was a recent thread and the rest were from 2011 and earlier.

Is this possibly because of old threads getting hidden after the GAF enema last year and not being reinstated yet? I remember there have been a few threads in the past where EviLore EviLore mentioned that he had to unlock them basically when people asked.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It’s working for me, kind of. I tried “Red dead redemption” and it gave me 1 recent thread at the top and then the rest were chronologically listed going back, like it should. Except they were all from 2011 and before.

Tried the same with “Resident Evil 2” and the exact same thing happened. First example was a recent thread and the rest were from 2011 and earlier.

Is this possibly because of old threads getting hidden after the GAF enema last year and not being reinstated yet? I remember there have been a few threads in the past where EviLore EviLore mentioned that he had to unlock them basically when people asked.

Something's up with the indexing of legacy threads in the search then. Gromph Gromph , can you take a look?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Same for me. So it's broken right now:messenger_anxious:

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Search is rebuilding the index (more than 150m posts) so will take a while.

Ornlu

Banned
Sorry to resurrect a thread after so long, but I have a search question. If there is a more relevant thread I'll gladly ask there. Is there a way to expand search beyond 8 pages of results? If not, is there a way to sort from oldest results, rather than newest?

Thank you.

Top Bottom