• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destroy All Humans Will Reportedly Be Revealed At E3 2019

Bullet Club

New Destroy All Humans Will Reportedly Be Revealed At E3 2019

We already know THQ Nordic will announce two new games at E3 2019. According to the growing publisher, the announcements are for two beloved franchises that players will be very excited to see back. One is a "new vision" for said franchise, while the other is a "long-awaited return of a galatically beloved game/franchise." The latter sounds like it could be a new Destroy All Humans, doesn't it? Well, according to a new rumor, it probably is.

Back in February, THQ Nordic thought it would be a good idea to have an AMA on 8chan. It went horribly. That said, according to Twitter user Afro Gear, an image was uploaded by THQN_Reinhard that revealed THQ Nordic's line-up for E3 2019. And one of the games included in the line-up is a new Destroy All Humans.

Of course, take this with a grain of salt, but the idea that THQ Nordic would bring back the zany series isn't that crazy. It's one of the bigger, more popular IP it owns. And there is hunger for a new one, as sales of the PS2 re-releases on PS4 show.

For those that don't know: Destroy All Humans is an action-adventure game series that is essentially a parody of Cold War era alien invasion movies. It's also a parody of the United States in the 50s. In it, you play Cryptosporidium 137, a member of the fictional Furon race of alien life who has come to Earth to harvest DNA from humans to continue the cloning process of his species.

The first game in the series released in 2005, and was a followed by a sequel in 2006. They weren't massive sellers or critically-acclaimed, but they have since earned cult-classic status and are remembered fondly by many.

What will be interesting to see is if THQ Nordic does return to the series, in what fashion will it be in? A remake of the first game? A new, third entry? A reboot? Who knows. Hopefully, we'll find out soon.

Source: Comicbook

Verdanth

This should be interesting.

Can't wait for the media to make an agenda and criticize the game, that is if they don't go soft on the "destroy all humans" motto.

Last edited:

SALMORE

i have the first two games in my collection but i only the 1st for a couple of hours !

it will be great if they make it like a playground open world game like the Just Cause series

stranno

Expected. KING ART studio was doing the script since 2016-2017.

Destroy All Humans! was a really good game, with boring side-missions. Probably the best plot.
Destroy All Humans! 2 is, by far, the best Destroy All Humans! ever done: wide variety of places, great side-missions, amazing graphics, its just perfect.
Path of the Furon and Big Willy Unleashed are not terrible but certainly poor in terms of tech/gameplay. Path of the Furon has probably the worst performance i've ever seen in XBOX 360, frame-time, framerate and input lag are all over the place constantly. Big Willy Unleashed graphics were probably limited by the initial (later cancelled) Playstation Portable port, they are really poor for Wii standards.

I have done a playthrough of all games.

There are even three Java Mobile (J2ME) games by THQ Wireless. The first one was crap but the second and third games are really good.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Expected. KING ART studio was doing the script since 2016-2017.

Destroy All Humans! was a really good game, with boring side-missions. Probably the best plot.
Destroy All Humans! 2 is, by far, the best Destroy All Humans! ever done: wide variety of places, great side-missions, amazing graphics, its just perfect.
Path of the Furon and Big Willy Unleashed are not terrible but certainly poor in terms of tech/gameplay. Path of the Furon has probably the worst performance i've ever seen in XBOX 360, frame-time, framerate and input lag are all over the place constantly. Big Willy Unleashed graphics were probably limited by the initial (later cancelled) Playstation Portable port, they are really poor for Wii standards.

I have done a playthrough of all games.

There are even three Java Mobile (J2ME) games by THQ Wireless. The first one was crap but the second and third games are really good.

Do you beg people for patreon money as well?

Destroy All Humans was a great idea that the technology just wasn't there yet to really bring to fruition, I remember being disappointed in the original game that your UFO could only hover at a set level and the levels all had really flat terrain.

So bringing it back with modern tech is a GREAT idea.

Top Bottom