• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NEW) Demon Soul's State of Play - Character Creator, Menu's, New Gameplay and much more. Dev Commentary too!

cormack12

Gold Member
I think the HUD just looks like an overlay, some transparency or a drop shadow would go a little way towards fixing as well as maybe not having the squares sit flush.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Everything does kind of look like clay now that you mention it. It's especially apparent in that screenshot with the bluish dragon. It still looks really good overall, but yeah, the materials could've been more lifelike.

feast-your-eyes-on-these-stunning-new-demons-souls-ps5-screenshots-7.jpg

We're at a point in technology where materials can look like this:

9de2d5e357d46750218af544584b3767.jpg

Very good post! That's one of DS biggest detractors that put it in current gen territory for me. The shaders aren't done well at all. Everything has a limited color palette. It's also one of the reasons I prefer BG3's visuals over this game. BG3 has a wide gamut of interesting and varied materials.

rofif

Banned
It looks good but Dark Souls 3 looks amazing at 4k or 8k... The game has poor aa and runs 1080p so it never made best impression on ps4
From was the best at avoiding the plastic, too soft look. That said - Demon Souls on ps5 looks amazing. I will for sure get it

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

I mean, it's not just me right? The original HUD was way too big, but this is TOO minimal and small
It's not just you. I dont think I mind the minimalist approach for meet looks too clean ..or maybe smooth . It has a sterile feeling to it . Like it was done in MS paint or something . I'll probably forget about it when I start playing it just really sticks out to me on the videos

Tomeru

Hahaha really? I honestly dont remember much from this. How can you tell i died a lot??

Scratch that, my memory regarding tendency is non existant. I can say, however, that you were somewhat of an asshole to certain npcs. How much you died I can say, but whats for certain (outside being an ass towards good npcs or dying to some) is that you killed bosses.

Maine84

Show the damn fidelity mode. All I care at this point.

These people been latching to 60 fps marketing like a tick. Look at God of War, no one gives a f' except the vocal few. Miles Morales will be the same thing. Ain't nobody sacrificing that sweet RT and improved graphics over 60 fps. As long as it's a solid locked 30 fps we good.
Preach 🙌🏾

sublimit

Banned
Holy crap the video has 1,6 million views in just one day! It's crazy how much the popularity of the Souls games has took off in the last 10 years.

Now the days from back in 2009 when a handful of people we were trying to spread the briliance of the original game (from before Atlus took the publishing rights) through just word of mouth seem so distant.

Top Bottom