• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NEW) Demon Soul's State of Play - Character Creator, Menu's, New Gameplay and much more. Dev Commentary too!

Show the damn fidelity mode. All I care at this point.

These people been latching to 60 fps marketing like a tick. Look at God of War, no one gives a f' except the vocal few. Miles Morales will be the same thing. Ain't nobody sacrificing that sweet RT and improved graphics over 60 fps. As long as it's a solid locked 30 fps we good.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Shield blocking still looks like ass... No weight at all.

Only complain I have with this game tho, first comers to Demon's Souls are going to have one hell of experience. well, and veterans too!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It’s giving me major flashbacks to something like the order 1888 or ryse in terms of the feeling of seeing a new gen and being excited for a game

Except this is also a genuinely good game and not just launch fluff with a nice wrapper.

I think that’s why it’s going to be such an effective launch game.

Raonak

Banned
Love that dragon into, is that new?
Wonder where this will land review wise.

between demons souls, spiderman, astrobot, vergil and bugsknacks. ps5 is gonna have a fantastic launch

Ar¢tos

3922639e25e657a4b7f98bbd36896c2ffb872c2b6fc360fd9e57baa282c18756.jpg

Vtecomega

Banned
I don't know, man. I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this so I'm prepared. I was super pumped about this but the more I see the more I realise it's just Demon Souls with a shiny new coat.

The AI code, enemy attacks and animations are largely unchanged from the original and to be honest it's kind of jarring to see in the midst of next gen visuals. It kind of sticks out.

I had the impression that everything was remade from the ground up. Like, their own take on how Demon Souls should play in 2020. Not have gameplay and AI that is unchanged from 2012...

It's especially jarring when Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne have superior combat and enemy animations compared to Demon Souls.

Demon Souls was my favourite game back in the day but let's be honest, there are many aspects that are dated now.

I'm still buying this day one but I guess I had unrealistic expectations of what a remake entails.

Just my opinion please don't kill me.

This’ll get 9.5s and 10s across the board if reviewed as a new experience.

ehhh.... it's gonna be high 80's, low 90s. There is a lot of legacy there not up to the times.

Good either way.

I don't know, man. I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this so I'm prepared. I was super pumped about this but the more I see the more I realise it's just Demon Souls with a shiny new coat.

The AI code, enemy attacks and animations are largely unchanged from the original and to be honest it's kind of jarring to see in the midst of next gen visuals. It kind of sticks out.

I had the impression that everything was remade from the ground up. Like, their own take on how Demon Souls should play in 2020. Not have gameplay and AI that is unchanged from 2012...

It's especially jarring when Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne have superior combat and enemy animations compared to Demon Souls.

Demon Souls was my favourite game back in the day but let's be honest, there are many aspects that are dated now.

I'm still buying this day one but I guess I had unrealistic expectations of what a remake entails.

You bring good observations.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Get ready for the Scraping Spears that will constantly invade you because of this comment.

Holgren

Call me a purist but the Flamelurker fight looks much worse now, not the same with the distorted audio for the explosions. I'm also not a fan of big orchestras but whatever.

UMBASA!

Roufianos

Will almost definitely be the best looking game this year.

Man that narrator though, go and recite poetry if you want to sound like a pretentious twat.

GenericUser

Choose a body type? So there are apparenty no genders any more, just body types?

The west has completely transitioned to a clown world.
I also noticed this. Could have said female or male, but no, body type A and B. But what if I see myself more like a type C body type? Anyways, looks cool, but I won't get it. After all, it's just a remake.

Top Bottom