• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New cheat software claims to work on ‘any console’ via machine learning

PensivePangolin

Neo Member
My solution to cheating: Play old and/or dead games that no one cares enough about to cheat in, at least usually. Seems like most cheating happens on bigger releases, I guess its the relative anonymity or maybe cheating is more fun when there's more ppl to cheat on? Idk

A.Romero

Why? There is nothing at all unreasonable in the description on a technical level - all the software needs to do is analyze the video and track your aim point and potential targets. Neither of those is any significant challenge. It then needs to issue the correct commands to move your aim point onto the target and pull the trigger. This is basically what the Phalanx CIWS was doing in 1980 only using radar data with a much lower resolution and update rate rather than video - in fact, that was rather harder since there wasn't any direct aim point feedback and it had to be inferred from the radar - although the RoF of the Phalanx was high enough that you could get a pretty solid return off the ammo you were firing and the main constraint was trying to converge on the target before you ran out of ammo. And that was using now 40 year old technology - think systems based on CPUs like the 8086, Z8000 or MC68k.

Well, we are not talking about shooting everything on sight. We are talking about the system knowing what's an enemy and what's not, figuring out stuff like bullet drop in order to hit the enemy, etc. This changes from game to game and I don't think it is necessarily info that the gaming device is actively streaming through the video signal.

It's not like the system is identifying a moving image because... well, pretty much everything is moving.

I'm not clear if this is available in the market or not.

Trimesh

Banned
Well, we are not talking about shooting everything on sight. We are talking about the system knowing what's an enemy and what's not, figuring out stuff like bullet drop in order to hit the enemy, etc. This changes from game to game and I don't think it is necessarily info that the gaming device is actively streaming through the video signal.

It's not like the system is identifying a moving image because... well, pretty much everything is moving.

I'm not clear if this is available in the market or not.

Yes, all this technology exists - in fact the part you are pointing out as being possibly a roadblock (taking out the overall camera movement) is pretty much trivial, because machine vision algorithms can process the entire image concurrently and find the best constant points to track for every video frame. You can go out right now and buy AOI systems that can detect parts that are 0.1mm out of position on boards that are moving too fast for human eyes to even focus on them.

Do these guys have the required skills and technology? I don't know, but it emphatically does exist.

Tschumi

To paraphrase brad pity in Moneyball

There are good gamers
There are fortnite gamers

Then there's fifty feet of shit

Then there're cheaters.

----

How can anyone above the age of, say, 11 enjoy cheating in games? Oi vey

A.Romero

Yes, all this technology exists - in fact the part you are pointing out as being possibly a roadblock (taking out the overall camera movement) is pretty much trivial, because machine vision algorithms can process the entire image concurrently and find the best constant points to track for every video frame. You can go out right now and buy AOI systems that can detect parts that are 0.1mm out of position on boards that are moving too fast for human eyes to even focus on them.

Do these guys have the required skills and technology? I don't know, but it emphatically does exist.

Well, color me surprised. Still, need to see it to believe it.

Larxia

Cheats are awful...
And the worse for me are the leaderboards cheats, as someone who loves scoring, this makes me really sad. Leaderboards being filled with cheated scores / times everywhere makes them completely useless, and it really kills the "end game" for a lot of scoring based games.

Last edited:

Allforce

Fuck the people that make such things and fuck the people that use them too.

Consoles have NOT been safe for years now anyhow. These little devices are selling in the 10,000s and 100,000s with months of backorders online too. You're being cheated on consoles, less than the PC world but all the things like game scripts/presets/weapon specifics, auto-aim, rapid fire, wall hacks, lag switching and more are rampant on consoles too.

What can these things do?

xmwFTp8.png

How easy are they to use?

gamepack_dragndrop.gif

While the AI version in the OP is a new form, it's already being curated and community driven en masse. AI will likely overtake things eventually but I'm assuming the quality of something like Cronus and community scriptings/packs etc is exceeding the output so far. There's a ton of YT shit out there on these things and constant updates. It's fucking high time the game industry went after these fuckwad companies and cheaters at all levels. Music industry level of offensive on all fronts time.

I got one of these and I still suck. The only tangible benefit I've been able to see is that I can use a sniper rifle about 20% more effectively now because there's a mod to automatically hold your breath when you ADS lol.

spawn

This is why I stopped playing Warzone. I saw people doing some insane stuff on that game with no recoil and near perfect accuracy

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

New Machine Learning AI Hacks have been developed to cheat in FPS multiplayer games, and they are completely undetectable.

This new technology will plague the FPS space for years to come. The battle of AI vs AI begins here.

Timestamps:
00:00 FPS Games Are About to Die
01:34 How most aimbots work
02:34 How this New Cheat Tech Works
03:57 Summary (Skynet for FPS Games)
05:04 (burp) & How to Possibly Detect This
06:04 What If Everyone is Hacking?
07:27 Activision Actually Did Something AS I WAS EDITING THIS VIDEO 😳

Kerotan

it's starting:

Tencent is linking online accounts to real life identities. They're justifying it as them "protecting the children". Eventually it will spill over to adults. That's the classic excuse to get shit implemented because you don't wanna be the one who argues against protecting the children, right? It's a classic move by governments all around the world. Once it's up and running then they win and can push it further

"But this is America! China is on the other side of the world". Tencent own or are involved in:

Epic Games - Fortnite, Rocket League, Epic Store, Unreal Engine
Riot Games - League of Legends, Valorant, Legends of Runeterra
Activision Blizzard - World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Call of Duty, etc
Ubisoft - Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Tom Clancy, etc
Frontier Developments - Elite Dangerous, Jurassic World Evolution
PlatinumGames - Nier Automata, Bayonetta, Astral Chain, etc
Roblox
Don't Nod - Life Is Strange
Grinding Gear Games - Path of Exile games
Super Cell - Clash of Clans/Clash Royale
Mini Clip - a shit load of mobile games
Discord

And that ain't the full list...If Tencent start pushing this shit on all those then gaming is royally fucked. The most devastating ones would be Epic (think of all the games that use Unreal), Riot, and Activision Blizzard.
Having your account linked to a real life identity isn't bad unless it's visible to the people you're playing against. Your identity should be known to the company so they can ban you if you're a cunt or a cheating cunt.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Not surprised Sony and Microsoft don't take it seriously. Crack down on this shit and you see it stop. Make a 500 dollar device a brick and people would think twice.
hFpp3ui.jpg

I hate cheaters so much. Reminds me of Back in the days of action quake 2 there were 2 insanely suspicious people who would drop in and just own everything straight away. Doing all the jumps perfectly while landing headshots, Rarely dying... literally dropping in owning the entire server, hurling some insults and then leaving.

I accused them of cheating at every opportunity afforded to me. One day I went on the server alone to practice some of the jumps, when who should drop in but suspicious guy #1. He hurls some insults and I strike back at him, "It's just us here, turn off your cheats and beat me". He respons with, "Ok, you asked for it". I proceeded to clobber him 19 to 1. He then had me banned from the server. I was unbanned a few days later but I never let him forget that trouncing. I never saw him play without his cheats again. The US servers died one day and I never saw suspicious guy #1 or #2 again.

Aion002

This is why I stopped playing Warzone. I saw people doing some insane stuff on that game with no recoil and near perfect accuracy

Me too on Apex... I quitted after dying too many times for people using infinite automatic charge rifles and auto aim.

It sucked all the fun that I had with the game, so I just uninstalled.

Companies should sue everybody caught cheating, they ruin games.

I also have a few Gaming PC's and find the games I can't get on consoles to be worse than the games I can't get on PC.

Also I don't buy many new games on PC over the consoles as the cheating is out of control.

I do enjoy my classics like Crysis 3 and Black Mesa on PC though.

No it actually proves you haven't played a BF game on the PC.
In a long time.
Punk Buster doesn't stand a chance against the hacks on PC BF games.

I will enjoy versions(double dipping) that will load day one and not have cheating.
!remindme

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

User Vision Pro was an aim-assist and auto-fire cheat that gained some attention recently thanks to YouTube demonstrations showing what it could achieve in Call of Duty: Warzone. Those videos have now been taken offline, but you can see what was being shown off thanks to Twitter's Anti-Cheat Police Department. The video claimed User Vision Pro would work on "any game" and on consoles as well as PC, be "undetectable" and "unstoppable" and also "extreamly [sic] fast".

Ars Technica broke down how it works. Basically, software running on a second computer that the game's being streamed to analyzes what it's seeing, identifies enemies, and then—via third-party hardware like the Cronus Zen, which was at the centre of a recent Warzone cheating accusation involving a world record holder—takes over the controls to ensure a cheating player lands the shot.

The fact the script ran on a separate computer and didn't modify any game files supposedly made it undetectable, although of course a player suddenly going from no-hoper to no-scoper would still be noticeable. Whether User Vision Pro could really live up to its promise is academic, since its website has now been shut down. All that remains is a statement from the cheat's creator, User101.

It reads:

Team,

This statement was not required.

However, at the request of Activision Publishing, Inc (“Activision”), I will no longer be developing or providing access to software that could be used to exploit their games. My intent was never to do anything illegal. At the end of the video that brought so much attention to this project, it stated “coming soon”. The software was never published.

This type of technology has other actual assistive benefits, for example, by pointing a webcam at yourself you could control movement without the use of limbs. Unfortunately, because of its potential negative impact I will not be developing it further.

MiguelItUp

Cheaters suck, but we all should've seen this from a mile away.

The more consoles become similar to PCs, the more chances there are for stuff like this to happen. It's only a matter of time.

Devs need to be better about combating it, and when there's an issue, try and do something about it.

GreatnessRD

You gotta be a high level scrub to go to the lengths of cheating like this. I personally don't see how a person gets enjoyment from cheating in multiplayer online games. Like, at the end of the day, you're still a scrub and STILL not at the top of the leaderboards. Got to suck going out sad like that. Obviously the shits at the game and still the shits even after the cheating because you're not at the top, lol.

Top Bottom