• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

New Baldur’s Gate 3 Details Teased by Larian Studios

Mista

Banned
Nov 21, 2014

Ever since its surprising reveal last year, Baldur’s Gate fans have been anxiously waiting for more details on the series’ long-awaited third game. Apparently, they won’t have to wait much longer: “Something’s brewing” on the Baldur’s Gate 3 news front, according to a cryptic Tweet from developer Larian Studios today.

The quote captions a short teaser clip showing what is presumably recent development efforts, such as motion-capture work and the like.

Bkdk

Dec 20, 2018
Definitely my top 3 most anticipated 2021 title so far, hopefully some gameplay and companion reveal plus a narrower timeframe of release date.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: EDMIX and V4skunk

vaibhavpisal

Jun 10, 2019
I can't fathom it will be as ambitious title as BG 2. Hope it will atleast be better than new crop of budget crpg titles.

Lanrutcon

Feb 19, 2014
Irrelevant
I can't fathom it will be as ambitious title as BG 2. Hope it will atleast be better than new crop of budget crpg titles.

Actually, I think it'll be just that. Larian have got the talent and experience, and WOTC have the money. This is their 5E baby. If you think we're getting a 20 hour game, I am betting you're mistaken.

vaibhavpisal

Jun 10, 2019
Actually, I think it'll be just that. Larian have got the talent and experience, and WOTC have the money. This is their 5E baby. If you think we're getting a 20 hour game, I am betting you're mistaken.

Fingers crossed. WOTC involvement generally means good thing. I enjoyed gameplay even in Neverwinter Nights 2.

Reactions: Lanrutcon