• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed title is in development, lead by Ubisoft Sofia gearing for release in early 2022

GymWolf

A new biennial ac game?!

CautiousFlusteredGalapagospenguin-small.gif

One year cycles seem to have burned out the audience, so I can see them wanting to do a new one every 1,5 years rather than every 2 years.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
They are sure taking their time with the Valhalla's big expansions. I will be surprised if the next AC game releases as soon as early next year, third-fourth quarter would be my guess.

BuffNTuff

Banned
One year cycles seem to have burned out the audience, so I can see them wanting to do a new one every 1,5 years rather than every 2 years.

1 year cycles wouldn’t burn out the audience if they didn’t make the game 150 hours long filled with repetitive bloat. They need to get back to the roots - a more tightly focused 25 hour game released on a yearly cadence would be fantastic.

makaveli60

As we know, AC games tend to always leak so I won't be shocked if this is true:

unknown.png

1610818213776.png
Nextgen only Indian AC? Please be true. This, Russian Revolution, and AC1 remake are the settings I want the most. And make this female protagonist a real assassin, not some manwoman who’s slashing with 50 kg weapons left and right.

Audiophile

Let's hope it's a return to form with a real AC game. Can't stand the atmosphere-less RPG brawlers with bird drones. I wanna see dense urban landscapes, groundbreaking visuals, parkour like Unity on steroids, Jesper Kyd ost and ambience; and oodles of atmosphere. Focused characters and rich worlds.

Heck, I'd just settle for a full blown next gen remake of ACI and AC: The Ezio Trilogy.

Liar

Banned
Say what you want about AC games, at least their fans don't need to beg for years for a new game to happen.

sublimit

Banned
Let's hope it's a return to form with a real AC game. Can't stand the atmosphere-less RPG brawlers with bird drones. I wanna see dense urban landscapes, groundbreaking visuals, parkour like Unity on steroids, Jesper Kyd ost and ambience; and oodles of atmosphere. Focused characters and rich worlds.

Heck, I'd just settle for a full blown next gen remake of ACI and AC: The Ezio Trilogy.
They really need to bring back the mysticism and atmosphere of the first titles (and Unity). No more open plains and generic RPG combat.

wolywood

This. I liked Origins but Odyssey burned me out (haven't even touched Valhalla). Please , no more hunting for flamingo beaks or camp raids or getting jumped by 67 generic mercenaries.

It is very rare I can't bring myself to finish a game I start. 60 hours into Valhalla, I threw in the towel. It was just an absolute chore to play. I think I'm done with Assassin's Creed.

Kerotan

It is very rare I can't bring myself to finish a game I start. 60 hours into Valhalla, I threw in the towel. It was just an absolute chore to play. I think I'm done with Assassin's Creed.
I've not yet played origins, oddessy or valhala and I already feel burnt out just by the thought. I think I'll play origins this year oddessy in a few years and call it quits on the series.

Top Bottom