• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed comic will hint at series future; Set during the British Raj

I wonder if we'll ever get a modern-time AC game (it actually taking place in the far future, and using the technobabble to re-experience their past which is our modern-time).

And then a future AC game.

Carcetti

This is an awesome setting that I want to see in the next big AC game. I've been hoping this since part 2 and finally... hnng.

Randdalf

They should go even further back and do Assassin's Creed: Roman Empire, and have the assassin be the one that kills Caesar. And you have to go to Egypt as well.

Is the jump to this being the setting of the next game entirely Eurogamer? There seems to be no indication this setting will make it a game.

Er... Eurogamer doesn't suggest this will be the setting for the next game. Just that it will include hints for the future of the series.

If anything, the fact they're using the Raj setting suggests it won't be in a game - like the Roman/Russian Revolution comics, these are timeframes that didn't get made into games.

Siegmeyer

The amount of people who were fans of the series who thought AC3 was shite (myself included) makes me think that AC4 could well crash and burn and it'll be the last we see of the series.

I'd love a return to form, but I seriously doubt we'll get it.

Enkidu

I wonder if we'll ever get a modern-time AC game (it actually taking place in the far future, and using the technobabble to re-experience their past which is our modern-time).

I hope not, the historical aspect is one of the best parts of Assassin's Creed to me.

Cimarron

For once I wish adeveloper would do sub-saharan Africa for one of these games. Something set in Mali or the Ashanti empire would be cool as hell. But colonial India is cool. Looking forward to it. :)

still waiting for victorian london ubi but this sounds interesting

It might make sense to have both Delhi and London in the same game, which would also make a for a really cool contrast. Dunno if that's possible for the team making the game, though.

dsvoid

Neo Member
As somebody who stopped playing after AC2, how much of the plot is actually about neato templar vs assassin conspiracy stuff (also not set in the present)? It felt like AC2 was just a big old revenge story and not really about properly motivated assassinations. Remember those cutscenes in AC2 where the english ponce talked about how much of a complete monster your next target was so you didn't feel so bad?

dcx4610

I'm down with India.

I still want ancient Egypt the most although Ubisoft already commented that Egypt and World War 2 would be the worst setting for the series.

To the contrary, they would be the best.

Why are people assuming this means a game set in this setting? No other AC comic or movie has lead into that setting being used. The comment doesn't even sound like it hints at the places the series will go, just where the story will go.

lefantome

I'm sikh of the assassin's creed franchise

btw if the next chapter are set in the modern era they must drop sword fights

Toa TAK

Banned

Hopefully that will never happen,considering what AC is supposed to be.

The comic looks awesome. Will pick it up, hopefully it's as good as The Fall.

Top Bottom