• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ace Combat game in development with ILCA

NanaMiku

We need more Ace Combat games

Maybe with emphasis on battle royale, cosmetics, waifu pilots and zombies.
Bring back idolmaster skin!
iDOLM@STER-1.jpg

Jinzo Prime

Looking at his Moby Games credits, Takuya Iwasaki seems to be a very versatile developer. Game designer for Ace Combat 2, 3, and Kloona, Character/enemy designer for several Kingdom Hearts games, producer of Drakengard and NeiR, animator for FF 13 and The Last Remnant. Guy worked his ass off and is now head of two studios, pretty cool!

NanaMiku

Looking at his Moby Games credits, Takuya Iwasaki seems to be a very versatile developer. Game designer for Ace Combat 2, 3, and Kloona, Character/enemy designer for several Kingdom Hearts games, producer of Drakengard and NeiR, animator for FF 13 and The Last Remnant. Guy worked his ass off and is now head of two studios, pretty cool!
ILCA have pretty broad portfolio. They also worked on (mostly for graphic):
Nier Automata
Nier Replicant remaster
Dragon Quest XI
Code Vein
Idolmaster: Starlit Season

They got flak for Pokemon BDSP, but their other games are awesome.

Jinzo Prime

ILCA have pretty broad portfolio. They also worked on (mostly for graphic):
Nier Automata
Nier Replicant remaster
Dragon Quest XI
Code Vein
Idolmaster: Starlit Season

They got flak for Pokemon BDSP, but their other games are awesome.
I still don't know how Pokemon BSSP happened, that game is hilariously broken, here's a speedrun of it:
They must have been given a crazy-strict time frame to release it.

Naked Lunch

Whatever it is - hopefully they dont piss around with the formula again.
Ace Combat went on hiatus for years and they emerged with extra shitty COD wannabe Ace Combat Horizon.
Hiatus again - came back with respectable AC Infinity.
Then bring back the series proper full circle with AC 7 in Strangereal. Hopefully realizing and correcting their past fuckups.

Im hoping for a return to the tone and format of Ace Combat Zero - aces boss rush - but with the director of AC3 (the experimental space Ace Combat - but still good) this has me a bit worried we might be heading back to weird territory.

NanaMiku

Whatever it is - hopefully they dont piss around with the formula again.
Ace Combat went on hiatus for years and they emerged with extra shitty COD wannabe Ace Combat Horizon.
Hiatus again - came back with respectable AC Infinity.
Then bring back the series proper full circle with AC 7 in Strangereal. Hopefully realizing and correcting their past fuckups.

Im hoping for a return to the tone and format of Ace Combat Zero - aces boss rush - but with the director of AC3 (the experimental space Ace Combat - but still good) this has me a bit worried we might be heading back to weird territory.
AC7 is the best selling game in the franchise. I'm sure they'll stick to the formula and strangereal.

Top Bottom