• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 2D fighting game Blazing Strike needs support

Grimmrobe

bc71c29a53a2ae8575663fa64723ca59.jpg

https://www.patreon.com/rarebreedgamedev

Hi!

I am Rarebreed. I'm a solo game dev currently working on my first ps4/nintendo switch/Steam title called Blazing Strike. Blazing Strike is a 2d style fighting game with modernized looks and original gameplay/mechanics.

As the sole developer of the game, trying to complete the game and releasing it on the market has been very tough. And today I have decided to ask all of my potential Patrons for help!

So... What can you expect to get for being a Patron?

- Devlogs
- Combo experiment video clips
- Be able to vote on additional characters/content
- Exclusive Playable Demo
- And some in-game goodies

Hope you’re excited about the project!

The game recently moved from 3D models:

0377ba9b9d78362bc23d9850319c3a94.gif

To sprites:

AtrX7Ul.png

Source: http://postback.geedorah.com/foros/viewtopic.php?id=2253

Last edited:

Grimmrobe

Interesting that they're going for the Patreon route instead of Kickstarter. I'll take a look.

I think he figures he can set up a Patreon in ten minutes, while KS probably takes months and includes lots of legal hassle - and he can always do a KS later too once he has enough content to show people. I am seeing lots of very small projects start out on Patreon and end up on KS. KS is really for medium-size projects and up.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I think he figures he can set up a Patreon in ten minutes, while KS probably takes months and includes lots of legal hassle - and he can always do a KS later too once he has enough content to show people. I am seeing lots of very small projects start out on Patreon and end up on KS. KS is really for medium-size projects and up.
Interesting. I suppose that does make sense.

It's also nice to see a Postback article linked on GAF. He's a high-quality critic.

Nymphae

Banned
Weren't you just shitting on small indie devs the other day?

I like the sprite artwork, the 3D models don't look bad either really. Going to keep an eye on this.

Last edited:

Vitacat

That 3D model looks really good. Hard to compare to the sprites without seeing them animated. But, this dev seems pretty talented so good luck.

karaverse

Neo Member
As a solo dev, I approve this. This looks fantastic already. Before donating, be warned though, actually finishing the game takes a lot more effort than you'd expect. For me, getting the gameplay finished was easier than adding in all the menus, options, screens, testing etc. I hope he uses the money to get some help.

Grimmrobe

Weren't you just shitting on small indie devs the other day?

He's making a fighting game, not a "rogue-lite souslike metroidvania" with artwork from someone who can only draw stick-figures.

If it's a real game, it doesn't need the "indie" label. I have no problems with small games, I only have a problem with small games who try to shield themselves from competition by using some made-up label as an excuse for their failings.

And that's all I am going to say on the subject because I don't want to derail this thread, annoy the mods, and get banned. But you can expect more threads from me on small games, because I have nothing against them.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Switching from 3D models to sprites is insane. That's basically scrapping your game and starting from scratch. Best of luck though.

Top Bottom