• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix's Avatar: The Last Airbender coming in 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Fy0RERFXgAEy74t
Fy0REnvXoAE0yCx
Fy0RFOdWcAAov8g
Fy0RDsaXwAELKLt

Netflix's Avatar: The Last Airbender live action series arrives 2024.

Last edited:

DKehoe

I hope the people who love the original enjoy this. I checked out the original a while back after hearing all this hype about it and it seemed like a well-made kids cartoon but I don't get people talking about it being one of the greatest shows ever.

Fbh

The costumes in the stills alone are better than anything in that.

Im probably going to be in the minority here but while the movie is shit I actually like the cosumes in it better.

They actually look like something someone might wear instead of...well... a costume.

I hope the people who love the original enjoy this. I checked out the original a while back after hearing all this hype about it and it seemed like a well-made kids cartoon but I don't get people talking about it being one of the greatest shows ever.

Did you watch the whole show?
S1 is fun but IMO it isn't until season 2 that it gets really good.

Either way it might be one of the best kids shows but lol yeah it's not one of greatest shows ever.
With that said though, it did the whole diversity thing way before it became a trend and it did better than virtually any modern show.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Did you watch the whole show?
S1 is fun but IMO it isn't until season 2 that it gets really good.

Either way it might be one of the best kids shows but lol yeah it's not one of greatest shows ever.
With that said though, it did the whole diversity thing way before it became a trend and it did better than virtually any modern show.
I watched the first season and then some of the second before I dropped away from it because it just wasn't clicking for me like it seems to for others. Maybe going back to it with lowered expectations would help because I'd seen people talk about it like it's on the level of The Wire and The Sopranos and I just don't get that.

Fbh

I watched the first season and then some of the second before I dropped away from it because it just wasn't clicking for me like it seems to for others. Maybe going back to it with lowered expectations would help because I'd seen people talk about it like it's on the level of The Wire and The Sopranos and I just don't get that.

Yeah maybe go back to it some day with lowered expectations.
I guess it's like the Sopranos of kids shows (in that it's higher quality than most other similar stuff)....but it's still an animated kids show

Elysion

Banned
The costumes look like cosplay, which is always the case with anime/cartoon adaptations that are trying to be super accurate. It’s the same with the One Piece show, it just looks ridiculous in live action.

DrFigs

It gets much better, especially towards the end. But it is a children's show.

Tams

Here We Go Again GIF

If anyone's going to have a stab at making something worse than what M. Might Shamalamadindong shat out, it would be Netflix.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Here We Go Again GIF

If anyone's going to have a stab at making something worse than what M. Might Shamalamadindong shat out, it would be Netflix.

With the budget they're throwing at it, I doubt it'll be as bad as Shamaylan. From the looks of it, the people making this new show actually LOVE the original toon.

Shamalan didn't... He just thought his kids would like it. He had no respect for the toon.

Top Bottom