• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix to air Chris Tucker stand-up comedy special (July 10th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was fun. Extremely safe, and played off of stereotypes a lot, but it was fun. A few slow parts early on, but there's some genuinely good material in there.

bill0527

Big Chris Tucker fan.

I fell asleep about twenty minutes into this.

What I saw was cringe worthy.

Like...if it had been anyone else but Chris Tucker, he would have been heckled off the stage in the first five minutes.

Zonar

It was funny! I agree that the beginning was slow/poor. They should have cut it from 1h 32 min, to just 1 great good paced hour. They could have used the extra jokes as bonus bits.

Still need to finish it but what I saw was alright, nothing great but not unexpected as I don't really recall Tucker having much of a background in standup. It seems like its becoming a format to boost comedy actors in general especially with the specials Netflix has produced such as Nick Offerman's.

I had fun with it though, was nice just to hear his classic high low delivery style again. Some of the Michael Jackson stories were pretty funny too. Would be nice to see him get a bit of a resurgence in general, seeing him in Short Term 12 was kind of depressing, hope he gets cast in some comedy films again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom