• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix to air Chris Tucker stand-up comedy special (July 10th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

chris_tucker.jpg

Netflix is expanding its roster of stand-up specials.

The streaming service will unspool Chris Tucker's first full-length stand-up comedy special, Chris Tucker Live, on Friday, July 10th, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Filmed at the Historic Fox Theatre in Tucker's hometown of Atlanta, Ga., the special will showcase his comedic chops, including impersonations, as he shares his experiences from childhood to his success in Hollywood. 

"Chris Tucker is a true global movie star and a one-of-a-kind talent whose remarkable energy, delivery and original style make him one of the funniest comedians of our time," said Ted Sarandos, Netflix chief content officer. "We cannot wait to share his distinct and hilarious voice with our members across the globe."

Chris Tucker Live represents the first project that Tucker has starred in and produced through his own company, Chris Tucker Entertainment. Phil Joanou is set to direct.

Tucker is best known for playing the role of Detective James Carter in the “Rush Hour” film series opposite Jackie Chan. The 42-year-old thesp and comic started out on Russell Simmons’ “Def Comedy Jam” on HBO in the 1990s and rose to prominence in his first starring role, the 1995 cult-film “Friday” starring opposite Ice Cube. In 1997, Tucker was executive producer of and starred in “Money Talks” with Charlie Sheen.

More recently Tucker co-starred in David O. Russell’s 2012 “Silver Linings Playbook” with Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro. To date, Tucker has starred in films that have collectively grossed over $1 billion at the box office worldwide.

For Netflix, Chris Tucker Live joins a list of stand-up comedy specials, featuring Aziz Ansari, Marc Maron, Jim Jeffries, Bill Burr, Moshe Kasher, Brian Posehn, Craig Ferguson, Nick Offerman, Chelsea Peretti and Chelsea Handler, among others.

Tucker and his longtime attorney Susan C. Adamson negotiated and inked the deal. Tucker is repped by WME.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/netflix-nabs-chris-tucker-stand-783586

Ivan 3414

its called a joke silly

of course hes done *something*

edit wait why am i responding to a joke character anyway

The joke wasn't very good nor did it make much sense considering his role in a best picture winner.

But I find the irony of calling me a joke character amusing, I'll give you that.

norm9

Chris and Ice Cube tried to get Last Friday made, but New Line wasn't having it unfortunately.

There is a script.

Netflix has produced dozens of stand-up specials.

Damn. That's too bad. Those Mike Epps sequels weren't nearly as good as the original one.

charsace

Not surprised. A lot of comedians are doing their specials and someone high up at Netflix is a hardcore fan of stand up.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Said this in the Netfix thread, I have never seen his standup, but I would watch it.

Awesome, dude was the goat shit talker in the 90s. It's like his whole persona was based on that eddie murphy scene in jail in trading places

Oh man I would love for this to propel him to tour, always loved his over the top candidness. Insanely fast speaker.

When he moves, it's like cartoon animation with his exaggerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom