• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Sets Prequel Series The Witcher: Blood Origin

Cyberpunkd

So I finished watching this and fuck me - it was bad.

The tragic part is I see faint glimpses of something great - the queen was good, Eredin as well, dwarf lady as well.
But the main plot is fucking terrible - I learned in the third episode why they are even using the stupid monoliths, it’s because they need to find food because people are starving! Agriculture is for the weak? Why are they starving? What stupid shit idea is this?

Then the romance plot has to be one of the most useless I ever saw, it feels so forced, so dumb that at some point you just resign yourself to knowing every time the two characters get on screen it will be stupid af.

I am super curious what human cocks the showrunners slurped on to get a green light for this series. It seems everything nowadays goes at Netflix, seems they do not have so much ‘talent density’ as the narcissistic book written but the CEO makes it sound.

GMCamaro

Step 1: Have an original story that would be unlikely to be greenlit as a new IP.

Step 2: Aquire rights to notable franchise.

Step 3: Retcon, remake, or prequelize notable franchise.

Step 4: Make your original story and use the notable franchise as window dressing.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
If I didn't have any investment or interest in the Witcher universe, I would be laughing heartily at how thoroughly Netflix has butchered their adaptations, both of the main series and their original productions. But as a fan, I'm instead distraught, since unfortunately the only exposure that many viewers will have to the Witcher will be through these trash heaps. I wouldn't be surprised if some people were actually put off from reading the excellent books or playing the games because they assumed the Netflix shows were representative of the quality of the rest.

Last edited:
Just think about the missed opportunities over the past couple years. Halo, Lotr, Wheel of time, Witcher, Foundation, and probably some others not coming to mind. It should have and could have been the absolute best TV in our lifetimes, dream projects come to life and all (imo) have been complete crap. Everyone of them have been horribly cast (save Gerralt), race swap's, diversity hire writing and overall examples of what happens when you go woke. Just sad.

Top Bottom