• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Reveals First Trailer, Poster For Monster Hunter: Legends Of The Guild

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Monster Hunter is one of the biggest properties created by the video game producers at Capcom, with last year seeing the arrival of the live-action movie starring Mila Jovovich that brought the monster-ridden world to the silver screen, and it seems like Netflix is also diving in on the video game franchise with an upcoming animated film. Using computer-generated graphics, Monster Hunter: Legends of the Guild has released a new trailer and poster for the film that will arrive on the streaming service on August 12th, telling a new tale of the popular gaming universe.

Kuranghi

denzel washington cringe GIF

This looks like it cost 75p

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
wow I could barely make it thirty seconds into this trailer

Why do companies keep letting Netflix make their godawful video game adaptations

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's Netflix, so you have a 1% chance of it actually being good. 99% chance that it is being written by pathological dipshits who only want to preach and insult the audience.

GymWolf

It's like shit and piss had an ugly baby but i watch everything based on monster hunter.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Holy shit. That poster isn't doing them any favors at all.
And given how medioce the Resident Evil show was, I'm not looking forward to it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy shit this sucks.

Legit cannot remember the last time Netflix came with something that actually wowed me. Mindhunters, I guess? Dark?

Man it's been so long.

Probably going to be ass but I'll check it out. Netflix should just give all the money invested into this to Capcom for more MH games. Not everything needs to be a show.

Kimahri

Banned
No, it really is PS2 era CG. It looks very similar to the FFXI intro (which was PS2 era)

Not in-game PS2 graphics, of course. I realize now that's probably what you thought he meant, but I understood it as "CG of that era"

It really isn't.

The fidelity of environments, level of detail, animation, everything is vastly superior in that MH trailer. That doesn't mean MH is impressive by today's standards by any means, but they're hardly comparable.

That said, the FFXI trailer fucking blew me away back then. The only ones who were even remotely in the same ballpark as square during those days were Blizzard. Every new video from those guys were a huge leap forwards.

The fidelity of environments, level of detail, animation, everything is vastly superior in that MH trailer. That doesn't mean MH is impressive by today's standards by any means, but they're hardly comparable.
Lmao come on man. You know damn well I'm not directly comparing the fidelity of something made in 2002 to something made in 2021. I said it looks similar to PS2-era CG, not exactly alike. Don't be silly.

PS3-era CG looks significantly better than the Monster Hunter show and FFXI's intro:

You can't possibly believe that this Netflix show looks more like A Realm Reborn's intro than FFXI's. Calling it PS2-era CG is apropos.

Kimahri

Banned
Lmao come on man. You know damn well I'm not directly comparing the fidelity of something made in 2002 to something made in 2021. I said it looks similar to PS2-era CG, not exactly alike. Don't be silly.

PS3-era CG looks significantly better than the Monster Hunter show and FFXI's intro:

You can't possibly believe that this Netflix show looks more like A Realm Reborn's intro than FFXI's. Calling it PS2-era CG is apropos.

This isn't helping your point.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This looked BAD. They need to stop with the CGI. It just ages a lot worse than the rest of their animated series and films.

Kuranghi

Holy shit this sucks.

Legit cannot remember the last time Netflix came with something that actually wowed me. Mindhunters, I guess? Dark?

Man it's been so long.

I presume you mean the TV show about serial killers yeah? I immediately thought of this :messenger_tears_of_joy: :

Its even funnier in German actually.

nivix

Neo Member
What... what happened to their faces?

Cartoons, video games, real life, I guess faces are hard to get right.

Reallink

Watching the trailer before reading this thread, I was seriously about to post "looks like PS2 era CG", but was amused to see I was beaten.

It really isn't.

That said, the FFXI trailer fucking blew me away back then. The only ones who were even remotely in the same ballpark as square during those days were Blizzard. Every new video from those guys were a huge leap forwards.
This isn't helping your point.

Lay off the dope bro, FF13 GAMEPLAY was beyond most of the assets in this trailer:

mtYJuUl.jpg

Dz9W992.jpg
tb4GVF9.jpg

That tree trunk's legit a real time PS2 asset, not even CG.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Watching the trailer before reading this thread, I was seriously about to post "looks like PS2 era CG", but was amused to see I was beaten.

Lay off the dope bro, FF13 GAMEPLAY was beyond most of the assets in this trailer:

mtYJuUl.jpg

Dz9W992.jpg
tb4GVF9.jpg

That tree trunk's legit a real time PS2 asset, not even CG.
I'm not saying it looks good. I'm saying some folk in here's got some real distorted memories of PS2.

Top Bottom