• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix reinstates worker who spoke out against Dave Chappelle

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles
Never. Fails.

Mentally deranged people are mental, and we are in a sad state where they’re enabled (based on ideology) instead of getting the help they need.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wonder how she will defend this. Can't really use the "it was just a joke" defense, so she'll have to fall back on the "I was going through a rough time, but I've listened, learned, and will be a better ally" approach.

zeorhymer

I wonder how she will defend this. Can't really use the "it was just a joke" defense, so she'll have to fall back on the "I was going through a rough time, but I've listened, learned, and will be a better ally" approach.
Who needs enemies when your allies can do a much better job.

dr_octagon

Banned
Never. Fails.

Mentally deranged people are mental, and we are in a sad state where they’re enabled (based on ideology) instead of getting the help they need.
If they were surrounded by decent people, mental health and support would be encouraged and people telling them this is unacceptable.

It's sad when behaviour is accepted or celebrated, amplified by social media, the person suffers in the long run.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Never. Fails.

It really is almost every single time like clockwork. Because their arguments are never in good faith. They're hateful people who just want to demonize others and play victim. I can't count how many times some activist like this had some history of saying the most vile stuff against others. You'd think people would take notice and stop capitulating.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Bunch of hypocrite 😂
LOL what a surprise. You can see in the tweets, there's a lot of jealousy at Asians. Here's a beauty.

"Almost got hit by an Asian in a BMW as I crossed the street...yes I know what you mean but the important this it that we didn't said it," Preston wrote.

belmarduk

Who wants to bet which group comes up next with more absurd protests?

mNz3irE.png

I mean, Chappelle has made fun of all of those groups in his specials, and the only one that made a hissyfit was the Trans group. Maybe the SOMOS group might because it says LatinX and very few actual Hispanic people use that term.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles
It is always the loudest ones who end up being the worse. Most of them probably have walk-in closets full of skeletons.

mNz3irE.png
I never heard of any of them. Mostly because I don't pay attention to most of the shit Netflix does.

NinjaMouse

Gold Member
It is always the loudest ones who end up being the worse. Most of them probably have walk-in closets full of skeletons.

I never heard of any of them. Mostly because I don't pay attention to most of the shit Netflix does.
This is nothing specific to Netflix, I promise. Tons of big companies, especially big tech have these ERGs.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse

mNz3irE.png

"and Allies"
"and Allies"
"and Allies"
"and Allies"
"and Allies"

I hate how insidiously and disingenuously that term is used. Creates a binary (ironic) "with us or against us" framing for any disucssion wherein if you don't count yourself as an "ally" and fully support and agree then you represent an enemy and oppressor.

CGiRanger

Banned
"and Allies"
"and Allies"
"and Allies"
"and Allies"
"and Allies"

I hate how insidiously and disingenuously that term is used. Creates a binary (ironic) "with us or against us" framing for any disucssion wherein if you don't count yourself as an "ally" and fully support and agree then you represent an enemy and oppressor.
Not to mention this so-called "Ally-ship" is about as trustworthy as a Reee moderator. It's all pretend, and the moment that something happens that is "perceived" to be out of line by the so-called "ally", they'll either stab you in the back or shoot you point blank without a second thought.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member

mNz3irE.png
Tribalism personified. You cannot just not join and association and do your work, you need to belong to a group. This is literally how all forms of persecution started e.g. Hutu and Tutsi, Huguenots and Catholics, etc.

Also "culturally Jewish" just screams for someone to "identify as Jewish" despite being a white-ass Catholic.

Last edited:

McCheese

What the hell is "Vetflix" and why is a group made up of folks who served their nation willingly lumped in with these loonies? Vets don't engage in IDPOL as far as I can tell.

There is also a support group just for being Jewish, grouping people based on race and ethnicity.. it's almost like diversity isn't a strength after all.

Larlight

Trans folks still getting mad at anything he says lol. Dave is probably already trying to release his film through Netflix and giving props to Netflix to get people to subscribe and watch it. Lol, he has them eating out of his and Netflix's hands. It's hilarious. 😂 I highly doubt he's been cancelled. People love him too much even in Hollywood.

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
Trans folks still getting mad at anything he says lol. Dave is probably already trying to release his film through Netflix and giving props to Netflix to get people to subscribe and watch it. Lol, he has them eating out of his and Netflix's hands. It's hilarious. 😂 I highly doubt he's been cancelled. People love him too much even in Hollywood.
That’s a lot of people in the crowd. There’s been no cancellation.

belmarduk

Dave Chappelle has agreed to meet with transgender Netflix workers but says "You Will not Summon Me!"

Apparently, they got a Chappelle biographical film cancelled from a bunch of film festivals and he's a bit upset about that... but I don't know what those criticizing him actually want. If they had watched the show they are calling transphobic and somehow responsible for the death of trans people, they would know that he has said he would stop the jokes until he knows the transgender community is "laughing with him."

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dave Chappelle has agreed to meet with transgender Netflix workers but says "You Will not Summon Me!"

Apparently, they got a Chappelle biographical film cancelled from a bunch of film festivals and he's a bit upset about that... but I don't know what those criticizing him actually want. If they had watched the show they are calling transphobic and somehow responsible for the death of trans people, they would know that he has said he would stop the jokes until he knows the transgender community is "laughing with him."
Animated GIF

LGBTQ in general is a joke now. What they wanted was to be accepted and now they are becoming what they accused others of. They arent saying " hey guys, you do realize this is offensive to us", they go straight for your career and want to silence you for good.

For fucks sake, Michael Myers has killed hundreds of people but the newest Haloween movie they want cancelled because he killed a trans person lol. What a moronic snowflake you need to be to be that offended.

They will literally bring back homophobia etc because now they are just assholes. Oh and btw, you might want to do a quick Google search on that trans walkout person, go look what they actually look like and when you are done laughing, go and read what racial comments that person left a trail of on their Twitter.

But hey, trans can do no wrong, right? Right?

belmarduk

LGBTQ in general is a joke now. What they wanted was to be accepted and now they are becoming what they accused others of. They arent saying " hey guys, you do realize this is offensive to us", they go straight for your career and want to silence you for good.

For fucks sake, Michael Myers has killed hundreds of people but the newest Haloween movie they want cancelled because he killed a trans person lol. What a moronic snowflake you need to be to be that offended.

They will literally bring back homophobia etc because now they are just assholes. Oh and btw, you might want to do a quick Google search on that trans walkout person, go look what they actually look like and when you are done laughing, go and read what racial comments that person left a trail of on their Twitter.

But hey, trans can do no wrong, right? Right?

You have myself and other LGBT people in this very thread who agree with you, so not LGBTQ in general.

Balboa

The bearded lady gamers who harrass people online all day are doing infinitely more damage to real trans people out there trying to live their lives, than Dave Chappelle ever could by telling jokes.
Of course they're so high on their own bullshit to realise that they're the assholes but you can't point that out or you're a transphobe and next on their hit list, quite the quandary.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What a rubbish take. Double nationality is a problem because you cannot be 100% American? Crazy rant.

Not at all. The mistake you appear to be making is conflating a multi-ethnic society with a multicultural society.

Think about it: What is a culture?

Isn't it a collection of customs, behaviours and values that correspond to a particular group of people? And that being the case what happens when those things are in direct conflict to that of the national culture? It really doesn't make any sense because ultimately something needs to take primacy, especially under the law.

The whole idea of nationhood is built upon uniting all those living within the bounds of a certain polity or territory under a single umbrella of shared values. Its vital to the integrity of the whole that bonds be shared such that if a threat from without or within threatens to seize power, everyone comes together for the common good.

A nation without shared values fractures and dissolves. The mixture of ethnicities within its bounds is irrelevant, because those differences are immutable, not political.

Of course post-modernist philosophy disputes all of this, and critical theory as a derivative is a means of placing this intellectual masturbation into political action.

Jaysen

Banned
This entire ordeal is about the funniest thing to come out of Chappelle, because it sure as hell wasn't his jokes.
Truth. For a final special, it was awful. It sure produced some amazing drama though. I have a feeling the topics I wanted to see get covered are in the movie he keeps referencing. I hope Netflix buys it.

Top Bottom