• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix reinstates worker who spoke out against Dave Chappelle

That's only part of it. Radical feminist is also part of it. I don't think most people would identify as that. I hope not anyway.
That’s just the label the activist community stuck on them to marginalize them. Fundamentally, they’re just women who don’t want men in their bathrooms.
That's assuming sex and gender are the same.
They are. Men are male. Women are female. This is reality.

sobaka770

Banned
That's assuming sex and gender are the same.

I think we are all on the same page that sex and gender are not the same.

However the debate is whether gender is purely a social construct and "you can be anyone you want" or is there a biological element to gender making sex and gender highly correlated which is highly probable as 99% of population are in sync.

The answer to that question is probably yes but saying that will get you cancelled in modern post-truth society where feelings matter more than facts.

Yet the truth is so simple: transgender individuals are in fact given a horrible hand, they suffer from the dissonance between their mind and body that vast majority of people can't begin to understand and deserve to be treated with dignity if diagnosed as such. However making the world into a make-believe place is not a healthy situation because it leads to resentment and absurd outcomes as it doesn't correlate with the hard reality of that we actually inhabit. Instead it would be much healthier to accept that transgender women and men should be treated as their preferred gender socially but in practical sense in the reality as it is today they simply have to accept the limitations that come with their status because the best we can currently do is to make them a facsimile of a real thing.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Ever since Cuties, i cancelled and pirate all of Netflix's shows i'm interest in, the fuck am i giving those cunts money, same with the BBC and there cover ups as for Dave Chappelle, it was funny but not as funny as his previous special.. his Space Jews fell flat i thought and SJW/Purple haired cunts deserve all the piss taking thrown at them imo.. spotted 2 suspects in the audience

I think we are all on the same page that sex and gender are not the same.

However the debate is whether gender is purely a social construct and "you can be anyone you want" or is there a biological element to gender making sex and gender highly correlated which is highly probable as 99% of population are in sync.

The answer to that question is probably yes but saying that will get you cancelled in modern post-truth society where feelings matter more than facts.

Yet the truth is so simple: transgender individuals are in fact given a horrible hand, they suffer from the dissonance between their mind and body that vast majority of people can't begin to understand and deserve to be treated with dignity if diagnosed as such. However making the world into a make-believe place is not a healthy situation because it leads to resentment and absurd outcomes as it doesn't correlate with the hard reality of that we actually inhabit. Instead it would be much healthier to accept that transgender women and men should be treated as their preferred gender socially but in practical sense in the reality as it is today they simply have to accept the limitations that come with their status because the best we can currently do is to make them a facsimile of a real thing.
Look, if gender and sex correlate at 99%, they are fundamentally the same thing. How sex and gender are expressed in a given culture is socially determined, but if they correlate at 99%, the categories do not exist separately. People with gender dysphoria are done a disservice when we lie to them about reality. I have compassion for what they go through, just as I do for people with schizophrenia. But I have no patience for anyone demanding we lie about the nature of reality. Schizophrenics aren’t demanding the world go along with their delusions to the point of remaking society.

ManaByte

Gold Member

I cancelled Netflix 10 months ago (I know it’s that because they spam me every week saying how long ago I cancelled) and I don’t miss it at all. I was only using it to stream old Star Trek series, and Paramount+ provides that for less money.

Look, ‘tr***y’ is - and always has been - a derogatory and hateful term used at transgender people. If you use it, you’re a cunt.

And cunt is an insult used at both sexes everywhere other than the US. Never visit Australia or the UK. It’s used in conversation here all the fucking time - mainly aimed at men. Fanny means vagina. It’s really not that bad a word.

Tr***y is universally bigoted and hateful when used to refer to transgender people. The same as f****t is when referring to gay people.

Accept it. Don’t use them.
Never look up drag culture prior to 2010 if you think 'tranny' was a universal slur.

sobaka770

Banned
Look, if gender and sex correlate at 99%, they are fundamentally the same thing. How sex and gender are expressed in a given culture is socially determined, but if they correlate at 99%, the categories do not exist separately. People with gender dysphoria are done a disservice when we lie to them about reality. I have compassion for what they go through, just as I do for people with schizophrenia. But I have no patience for anyone demanding we lie about the nature of reality. Schizophrenics aren’t demanding the world go along with their delusions to the point of remaking society.

I can't get behind that even though I can sort of agree with conclusion.

First by definition sex is be determined at biological level - chromosomes or primary sex characteristics.
Also by definition gender is defined as perception of oneself - do I perceive myself male or female.
The gender dysphoria in this case is clearly a dissociation of gender and sex.

Even if only 1% of population is affected it doesn't mean that we can congregate the two, as it's factually incorrect. This congregation is solely done because of the convenience coming from the fact that cis-gender are a supermajority. If we are to accept transgender individuals (as we should) as a normal part of a society - a natural minority - then it's doubly important to be able to dissociate the two when necessary.

Second, schizophrenia is to my latest knowledge is a mental disorder. There is no universal fix that we currently have for these individuals, they delusions are varied among the affected and we attempt psychiatric methods to alleviate their condition.

Gender dysphoria is no longer considered a disorder and we have admitted after decades of failed attempts at personality change that this was harmful to affected individuals and that it is possible for them to live in a society if we give them the opportunity to adjust their physical attributes and go along with their gender identity. They are functional and are not deluded if they are given the opportunity to live their life according to their gender identity. Simply speaking we have more success in matching their sex to their gender than vice-versa today.

I am not saying that this is the best solution because we're literally butchering the body for the sake of mind but this is what we are only capable of today. Maybe when we get to download our consciousness to stacks like in Altered Carbon or learn more about the psyche and the brain this will be seen as barbarism but the reality is such that we do the best we can and once again I think we really should make an effort if we can.

However it's true that feeding into the fact that transgender people are real men and women while advisable in terms of acceptance and their mental behaviour is not a good long-term solution. It is simply not true today and it feeds into a wrong side of being accepting of this condition. The whole point of PRIDE is that minorities are proud of who they are, gay, lesbian, transgender etc. So unless I'm missing something here the feeling we should promote is pride in the fact that they are different rather than conformism to a standard they cannot match in their lifetime.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What happens when someone is born a hermaphrodite (they have both genitalia)? Does the parents or doctor pick which sex to put on the birth certificate?

However it's true that feeding into the fact that transgender people are real men and women while advisable in terms of acceptance and their mental behaviour is not a good long-term solution. It is simply not true today and it feeds into a wrong side of being accepting of this condition. The whole point of PRIDE is that minorities are proud of who they are, gay, lesbian, transgender etc. So unless missing something here the feeling we should promote is pride in the fact that they are different rather than conformism to a standard they cannot match in their lifetime.
See but this is only question that matters. Lying to people isn’t compassionate. I understand the impulse to want to coddle people from hard realities. I’m not suggesting we bully people. But pretending the transgender phenomenon is not a disorder is political posturing masquerading as science. Just because we don’t call something a disorder doesn’t change the nature of the thing. If I insist that I am the King of England, that’s a delusion. And it would be more realistic for me to actually be the King of England than it would be for a man to be a woman. Attempting to change the meaning of words like gender and sex doesn’t change the nature of the conversation. It just obfuscates the discussion. Fundamental reality still exists.

Last edited:
Jeez what's up with all these complex discussion about this. It's comedy! You know joking around. There are jokes about everything, race, religion, males, females, you name it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
MT153mi.jpg
SoudM2i.jpg
Oh NPR, how far you have fallen.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So white privilege is the blanket term given to any sort of phobia or ism now regardless of race? That's fucking stupid. Anyone who agrees with that is fucking stupid.
You see what they called Larry Elder?

They went in with that very same shit, they even called him "The Face of White Supremacy."

A black man, THE FACE, of yt supremuhceh! Fucking racists, the lot of them.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wow, there are more press there than protesters!

And for the record, hypothetically, not that I would EVER do it, but if you connect your two signs together with a heavy duty staple gun and punch a bunch of staples through without folding them, it is real hard to rip a sign but with your bare hands..... allegedly ;)

RAÏSanÏa

Welp, Dick Masterson and Vito Gesualdi caused a bit of a ruckus:

haaahahahahaha

The counter protestor is lucky the attempt to get him treated as someone "with a weapon" by the crowd or authorities didn't end up badly.
It's seems like shouting "fire" in a threater. Meant to mislead people and authorities into taking action.
They keep that crazy shit up and they'll lose more moderate support.

TTOOLL

The counter protestor is lucky the attempt to get him treated as someone "with a weapon" by the crowd or authorities didn't end up badly.
It's seems like shouting "fire" in a threater. Meant to mislead people and authorities into taking action.

Even funnier as the guy who broke the sign and “created” the weapon is the one shouting. Completely insane.

Reallink

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don’t see how that person could contribute anything positive to the company. I wonder what their job is at Netflix. I’m guessing probably something like community relations or advertising

Ironbunny

It's like a completely different species I swear. Literally nothing that came out of this person's mouth made any whit of sense at all. How did we come to coddle such delusion?

5a3dc6d9-1744-4722-b940-8f04a15d462c-eureka-o-hara_1.jpg

Oh I see its hes stage name.

Eureka, known previously as Eureka O'Hara, is the stage name of David Huggard (born August 26, 1990),[3][1][2] an American drag queen and reality television personality. Eureka hosts We're Here on HBO alongside Shangela and Bob the Drag Queen.[4] She is best known for competing on the ninth and tenth seasons of the reality competition television series RuPaul's Drag Race. O'Hara also appeared on the sixth season of RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars.[5

Elginer

Not for nothing but these people are fucked in the cabeza. Several years we would have all laughed at this crazy mofo now people are like yeah this is totally ok dokie. What the ever loving shit about this is ok? Somehow mainstream media is ok with pushing g these bat shit crazy people. I’m fucking done. Humanity is doomed.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
100% true correlation.

Typically the better looking someone is (doesn't even matter if man/woman, straight or where they fit in the LBQT group), the more outgoing, personable, looks better, dress better they are. They arent holed up on Twitter all night complaining about social injustice acting weird, wearing dirty tshirts and getting pink hair.

It's basically a snowball effect of some sort too.

The weirder you are, the more you hang with weird people. And then it's like a competition of who looks or acts the weirdest. I guess no different than good looking people. The good looking ones always know if they are good looking and amp it up with acting sexy, dressing slick and being flirty knowing full well when to do it and when not to. And then it's a competition for some of who can be the hottest.

When your think/want to look like Audrey Hepburn and everytime you look at the mirror you see something that doesn’t even pass you’re right, it’s going to build up frustration.

I don’t understand it tbh… there’s this person I follow on Twitter who transitioned like one month ago and they’re posting photos of themselves “being cute”. Spoiler: they don’t. So down the line I guess that’s gotta do some damage.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse

That's the thing, they basically attack him with the intention of fabricating a narrative and falsely accusing the man of something in order to direct violence and the police at him.

People who abuse false allegations and fabricate victimhood in order to attack and oppress others and their opinions are dangerous and need to be held accountable. These people are far too comfortable with it.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Never look up drag culture prior to 2010 if you think 'tranny' was a universal slur.

Never actually talk to any transgender people, because you’ll understand that when other people call them ‘tr***y’ it is and always has been, as derogatory to them as n****r was, and still is to black people.

Context.

Moneal

I can't get behind that even though I can sort of agree with conclusion.

First by definition sex is be determined at biological level - chromosomes or primary sex characteristics.
Also by definition gender is defined as perception of oneself - do I perceive myself male or female.
The gender dysphoria in this case is clearly a dissociation of gender and sex.

Even if only 1% of population is affected it doesn't mean that we can congregate the two, as it's factually incorrect. This congregation is solely done because of the convenience coming from the fact that cis-gender are a supermajority. If we are to accept transgender individuals (as we should) as a normal part of a society - a natural minority - then it's doubly important to be able to dissociate the two when necessary.

Second, schizophrenia is to my latest knowledge is a mental disorder. There is no universal fix that we currently have for these individuals, they delusions are varied among the affected and we attempt psychiatric methods to alleviate their condition.

Gender dysphoria is no longer considered a disorder and we have admitted after decades of failed attempts at personality change that this was harmful to affected individuals and that it is possible for them to live in a society if we give them the opportunity to adjust their physical attributes and go along with their gender identity. They are functional and are not deluded if they are given the opportunity to live their life according to their gender identity. Simply speaking we have more success in matching their sex to their gender than vice-versa today.

I am not saying that this is the best solution because we're literally butchering the body for the sake of mind but this is what we are only capable of today. Maybe when we get to download our consciousness to stacks like in Altered Carbon or learn more about the psyche and the brain this will be seen as barbarism but the reality is such that we do the best we can and once again I think we really should make an effort if we can.

However it's true that feeding into the fact that transgender people are real men and women while advisable in terms of acceptance and their mental behaviour is not a good long-term solution. It is simply not true today and it feeds into a wrong side of being accepting of this condition. The whole point of PRIDE is that minorities are proud of who they are, gay, lesbian, transgender etc. So unless I'm missing something here the feeling we should promote is pride in the fact that they are different rather than conformism to a standard they cannot match in their lifetime.
Gender has for the entire history of the word in English and its origin French been a synonym for biological sex. They have been interchangeable. Social scientists like the shit fuck John Money pushed a new definition because they believed in the bogus blank slate theory and they knew they couldn't push the idea that male and female were the same at the time. The whole gender theory tree is rotten.

One major logical flaw to the whole "I feel like a woman, I feel like a man" thing is that a guy will never know what being a woman feels like, nor will a woman ever know what being a guy is like. I'm all for supporting trans individuals, respecting them, etc but trans activists are pushing too far these days.

Top Bottom