• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Netflix reinstates worker who spoke out against Dave Chappelle

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nov 13, 2013
Whilst I totally agree with everything you've, said this really only applies to people who live on Twitter or who have public personas and make a living via it, the vast vast majority of the planet could care less what's posted on Twitter unless you're specifically talking about those who love on social media
A lot of it is social media, but not all of it. I have a friend whose girlfriend broke up with him because he said he agreed with the verdict in the Rittenhouse trial.

People these days even off social media simply can't handle being friends with or couples with someone they vehemently disagree with. It's unhealthy.

Jsisto

Oct 11, 2019
New Jersey
A lot of it is social media, but not all of it. I have a friend whose girlfriend broke up with him because he said he agreed with the verdict in the Rittenhouse trial.

People these days even off social media simply can't handle being friends with or couples with someone they vehemently disagree with. It's unhealthy.
Thats crazy. Nuance has been lost to a great extent, too. The Rittenhouse trial being a perfect example. You can not like Rittenhouse as a person, hell, he was incredibly irresponsible. But to some if you agree with the outcome of the trial you're the worst kind of ring winger and everything that comes with that by extension.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

He dodged a bullet. Silver linings, blessing in disguise, etc, etc..

Pun intended.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nov 13, 2013
Was just about to post the very same thing. I hope DragoonKain DragoonKain is telling his friend how super lucky he is and that he avoided a real disaster if she did indeed break up with him just for offering up that opinion.
It wasn't a serious relationship. It was casual. But I remember getting a text and saying we broke up and they got into an argument over it and she just broke up with him. He wasn't heartbroken or anything. He's already dating someone else.

• LOL
Reactions: CGiRanger

BPX

Nov 10, 2018
Team Xbox
Dave Chappelle No GIF