• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix orders 1980s female wrestling comedy series ‘GLOW’ from Jenji Kohan (OITNB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds interesting but i'm wary since it's from the OITNB guy. That show has absolutely no direction. It's not going anywhere and the worst character is the main character. Dropped it halfway through season 3.

She was in WWF not GLOW.

And WWE would never allow something that would reveal Moolah as one of the biggest scumbags in the industry who pimped out her students and setback the entire art form of women's wrestling in the U.S.

What does that have to do with anything? It's a well known women's wrestling angle, they WILL use it.

It's like that playmakers ESPN series. Yeah it wasn't the NFL but they basically ripped every not worthy story from the NFL of the past few years and made stories about it.

I feel certain there will be a screwjob angle in this show.

What does that have to do with anything? It's a well known women's wrestling angle, they WILL use it.

It's like that playmakers ESPN series. Yeah it wasn't the NFL but they basically ripped every not worthy story from the NFL of the past few years and made stories about it.

I feel certain there will be a screwjob angle in this show.
There's a misunderstanding here, it sounded like you were saying that they'll have Wendi(and Moolah) show up themselves and do the angle, not that they'll just do a screwjob storyline based on it. Of course they'll get into some screwjob nonsense.(it aint wrestling without a screwjob)

This could be really good. The stuff that went on with GLOW behind the scenes was pretty nuts and would make for a good comedy series. Definitely check out the documentary if you get the chance as well.

Revolver

I watched GLOW as a kid. The doc on Netflix was pretty fascinating and touching too. Poor Mt. Fiji :(

Wish they'd get Lucha Underground tho.

Tobor

Whoa. GLOW brings me back. Saturday afternoons on the local UHF station. Awesome.

Now we just need a show about the original American Gladiators.

I'd heard about Moolah being a scumbag who essentially kept herself at the top by monopolising the women's wrestling scene back in the day, but this is the first I've heard of her pimping her fucking students out. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom