• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix mobile gaming pilot launched

Buhaj

Netflix users in Poland can now try two mobile games on Android, both based on Stranger Things. Looks like Poland is a testing ground after Sony decided to make PS Plus Video Pass available here a few months ago.

Play games on Netflix, watch movies on PS Plus - sounds odd!

MaKTaiL

I thought it was going to be cloud gaming. I guess it's just an option to get some games for free on the Play Store.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I thought it was going to be cloud gaming. I guess it's just an option to get some games for free on the Play Store.
I think they'll have both downloads and cloud. (my guess is that their cloud tech, latency isn't fantastic right now therefore they don't want to show it for the moment)

so is it just gonna be an Apple Arcade rip off? except that Netflix of course doesn't have its own gaming store (yet) and will just let people play games on Android for "free" as part of their Netflix sub? i can't see Apple playing fair with this so can only imagine it'll be Android only.

if Netflix are serious about entering gaming then they need to build their own store.

All that hype for this?
"It’s very, very early days and we’ve got a lot of work to do in the months ahead, but this is the first step."

Last edited:
Top Bottom