• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix appoints Arnold Schwarzenegger as its ‘Chief Action Officer’

near

Gold Member

Nobody knows action like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

That’s why we’re excited to introduce Arnold as our new Chief Action Officer!

So whether you want to catch Schwarzenegger's first-ever television role in FUBAR, Chris Hemsworth’s highly anticipated return in Extraction 2, a new season of The Witcher with Henry Cavill or Gal Gadot as an intrepid heroine in Heart of Stone, Arnold is working around the clock to bring you the most explosive series and films on earth!

Get ready for a hard-hitting roller coaster ride as Netflix cranks its action slate into the next gear.

Cyberpunkd

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

near

Gold Member
I still can't work out if this is an actual job title at Netflix or if this is just a marketing subversion of sorts.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I thought this would give him deputy to push 80's and 90's action movie licensing distribution back into their library; remove all these forgettable 2000's titles and forgettable 2010s material. Guess not though. 🤷‍♂️

vpance

Still so relevant, with all those spectacular Terminator sequels :messenger_smirking:

Extraction 2 should be good though. Enjoyed the first one and Gray Man was fun.

Zok310

Banned
JaLo still cant act, stop recycling these washed up folks to star in your films. get some new young blood.

jason10mm

Gold Member
JaLo still cant act, stop recycling these washed up folks to star in your films. get some new young blood.
Yeah, it's older actors doing John Wick now, when 10 years ago it was Taken. Didn't really buy JLo as a hard bitten sniper and the plot was contrived as fuck.

If these ladies can stay away from the plastic surgery but still retain some recognizable features (Hilary Swank comes to mind) then I think they have a good future doing this kinda stuff. But most actresses in their 50's...yikes, holy fish lips, immobile faces, and plastic expressions! Even Arnie has had his share of face lifts, but that charisma bleeds through.

JonSnowball

How to tell if someone's a dumb shit in one easy step:

- They see a promotional video featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger being appointed as "Chief Action Officer" and proceed to question if this is a legitimate appointment to a role.

That's it. That's the post.

I got something 'funny' going on with my netflix. Obviously I'm password sharing with some other people who actually pay for Netflix. But my TV has these boxes that show what I was previously watching on netflix. If I select those and it directs me directly to the movie/show , it doesn't check for anything and lets me use netflix without issue. But if I actually click the netflix app on my tv, it will ask some bullshit about my account. So it seems for now I can circumvent the new shit policy.

Soodanim

The only thing I got from this was a reminder that there's a Witcher season that's going to be so bad that Henry Cavill handed in his notice

Top Bottom